Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2012, 17:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Car A/C work - Cochin Super Cool (Kowdiar, Trivandrum)

On your RHS, when you are driving towards Kuravankonam from Kowdiar just before Hot Chikz.

Services offered:
  • All types of AC works
What I like:
  • Experienced senior technician
  • who has patience to dig deep to just rectify the necessary stuff !

Pricing: Ranges from cheap to reasonable.

Contact Information

Mob: 93493 33315
Land: 0471-2433614

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th August 2022 at 19:40. Reason: Kowdair > Kowdiar
jkdas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 17:21   #2
BHPian

re: Car A/C work - Cochin Super Cool (Kowdiar, Trivandrum)

I would totally support JK on that. My Aveo had some A/C problem for the past few months. Took it earlier to GM where they said I need to change it and costs 25K! Gave it to another local place and they said nothing can be done.
Almost gave up hope until I got to this place JK gave me. The senior technician called me the next day saying he changed the valve and serviced the condenser, works as good as new and charged me 4.5K, just 1/5 of the silly price of GM!
I also enquired about this guy from some people and they had good feedback about him. It's a real neat place to check and fix your car A/C if there is any problem.

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 8th February 2012 at 17:22.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 20:16   #3
BHPian

Re: Car A/C work - Cochin Super Cool (Kowdiar, Trivandrum)

Cool, Lately having some issues in the degree of cooling in my elantra. Will definetly check out. Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 20:42   #4
sun
BHPian

I wouldnt totally agree with you guys.

A very unfortunate incident happened to one of my close friends. He had a diesel petra, which he gave to these guys for some AC probs, for which the car was there for almost a week.

What happened as I understand is these fellows closed with 'waste cotton' the intake where the air filter box is attached after the air filter box has been removed. This may be a routine procedure, to prevent dust from entering into the engine, but what happened next was unforgivable.

Some body, it seems a worker there, cranked the engine with the waste cotton in place, which was obviously sucked in. To cut the long story short, the car had to be towed to TVS, karamana and the whole engine rebuilt.

Such are these guys, so I would think twice before you go there. May be for some simple works while you are there in person, may be ok.

I would never leave my car with these guys.
sun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 12:00   #5
NGM
BHPian

Can someone suggest a good car AC service center in Trivandrum where I can fit a R12 to R134 conversion kit for my 2002 Zen.Seems lack of experienced and skill labor is a problem in all industries
Old 9th May 2022, 18:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

Any good AC repair shops in the Kollam - Kayamkulam - Mavelikara - Alappuzha area ?
This is for a friend who needs the a/c on his i10 repaired.

I know a good & competent AC repair shop at Kochi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...in-kerala.html (Car a/c repair & servicing - Indian Auto Air Services, Cochin (Kerala)), but it's quite far for him (100km 1 way).
Old 12th August 2022, 19:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

I recently took my Indica there due to recurring issues with my AC. I've had a leak for almost a year now, topping up every 3 months - compounded by other electrical system failures - radiator fan etc stopping work intermittently causing overheating. Had several parts replaced by my regular mechanic and a recommended workshop in cochin to no avail

Left it with them for a week or so. Decided to bite the bullet and get the compressor replaced, and check the full system. Car is back and chills good, but more importantly he had said that the idling was very unstable, and he had to do some custom wiring and relays to get it to work smoothly because the OEM wiring was all too far gone. The car is much more drivable now without the random RPM fluctuations and the jerky throttle response and the compressor bearing vibrations.
Will post in another 3 months if everything's been sorted. For now I'm a happy customer

Also, this place seems to have moved. It's now on Kuravankonam - YMR junction road, on the right side - before you reach kunnil hyper market
https://goo.gl/maps/Q9v9e43oeG6TQNzD8
Attached Thumbnails
Car A/C work - Cochin Super Cool (Kowdiar, Trivandrum)-pxl_20220729_0515588692.jpg  

Last edited by greenhorn : 12th August 2022 at 19:15.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed