Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2012, 09:06   #1
BHPian

Tyre Shop - House Of Tyres (Goa)

Products sold:
All types of Tyres,tubes,valves...

What i Like:
The owner Mr.Vinayak Angle is a very honest, friendly guy. Does not have the push products attitude,Very nice gentle man to speak and deal with.
Another member of his team Mr.Suresh is a nice guy and was very courteous and helpful.I was specifically looking for a tyre for my karizma (Dunlop Geocruiser 100/90/18) which was not readily available and was sourced for me.Throughout the process the staff was very helpful in-spite of calling so often and inquiring about the tyre.I was offered the tyre @1450/- without me even asking for a discount which pleasantly surprised me.

When i first decided to change the tyre i visited a couple of shops including C&F agent of dunlop who quoted me way more then i expected (1700)infact i assumed that being C&F agent i would have it at the least price here,the owner himself was not so enthusiastic about selling.

Another trip to a famous tyre dealer who quoted me straight 2000/- for the same tyre.Some dealers who did not have in stock told me vague stories as tyre has lot of issues and has been discontinued.

What i liked best about of house of tyres is that they in-spite of not having the tyre sourced it for me,gave me a good price and were very courteous in the entire process.

Would surely recommend this shop to fellow bhpians as well as all my friends for further tyre needs.
The shop stocks wide range of tyres,tubes,valves etc etc.

House of Tyres.
Near railway flyover .
Margao Goa.
0832-2715575
0832-2730554
scorpian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:30   #2
BHPian

re: Tyre Shop - House Of Tyres (Goa)

A good choice! Geo Cruiser came as a std. on the old gen CBZ and boy! That tyre just rocks!

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Products sold:
All types of Tyres,tubes,valves...

What i Like:
The owner Mr.Vinayak Angle is a very honest, friendly guy. Does not have the push products attitude,Very nice gentle man to speak and deal with.
Another member of his team Mr.Suresh is a nice guy and was very courteous and helpful.I was specifically looking for a tyre for my karizma (Dunlop Geocruiser 100/90/18) which was not readily available and was sourced for me.Throughout the process the staff was very helpful in-spite of calling so often and inquiring about the tyre.I was offered the tyre @1450/- without me even asking for a discount which pleasantly surprised me.

When i first decided to change the tyre i visited a couple of shops including C&F agent of dunlop who quoted me way more then i expected (1700)infact i assumed that being C&F agent i would have it at the least price here,the owner himself was not so enthusiastic about selling.

Another trip to a famous tyre dealer who quoted me straight 2000/- for the same tyre.Some dealers who did not have in stock told me vague stories as tyre has lot of issues and has been discontinued.

What i liked best about of house of tyres is that they in-spite of not having the tyre sourced it for me,gave me a good price and were very courteous in the entire process.

Would surely recommend this shop to fellow bhpians as well as all my friends for further tyre needs.
The shop stocks wide range of tyres,tubes,valves etc etc.

House of Tyres.
Near railway flyover .
Margao Goa.
0832-2715575
0832-2730554
Old 23rd February 2012, 08:21   #3
BHPian

Re: Tyre Shop - House Of Tyres (Goa)

Yes agree with you geocruiser is great grippy tyre and i have had good experiences with it, this is my second geocruiser.Compared to stock mrf this tyre is damn good in grip and control...
Old 20th July 2012, 23:24   #4
BHPian

Exclusive MRF Showroom in Margao.

I have purchased MRF ZLO from this showroom. The Service offered by the Owner Mr. Jayesh Pai Kane is above the expectation.

The centre offers full-fledged tyre services such as computerized wheel alignment, wheel balancing and automatic tyre fitment using the latest imported machinery from Italy-the hub of international garage industry.

The unique feature of this particular centre is that the technicians have been trained specially in alignment and balancing at the company’s state of the art-MRF Tyredom in Chennai. The showroom also offers facilities like nitrogen filling, tubeless tyre repair for the cars and repairing of tubeless through the mushroom patch method

M/s. KNK Tyres
Shop No.3,4 & 5, Heramb Apts, Opp Torsanzar,
Vidhyanagar, Aquem Margao Goa 403601.
Ph: 0832 - 2724197
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre Shop - House Of Tyres (Goa)-dsc_8662.jpg  

Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 00:20   #5
BHPian

Re: Exclusive MRF Showroom in Margao.

Wait.. Where exactly in aquem is this? And the photo looks like an inauguration kinda event.. How did I miss this? There is an mrf shop near pauline granite factory in Gogol, bang opposite my place. Where did this come up?
In fact, as far as I remember, house of tyres shop is near navelim overbridge.. So is this a new branch of the same?
Old 21st July 2012, 22:06   #6
BHPian

Re: Exclusive MRF Showroom in Margao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
Wait.. Where exactly in aquem is this? And the photo looks like an inauguration kinda event.. How did I miss this? There is an mrf shop near pauline granite factory in Gogol, bang opposite my place. Where did this come up?
In fact, as far as I remember, house of tyres shop is near navelim overbridge.. So is this a new branch of the same?
This showroom is located in aquem near Canara Bank or next to kala Fabs. Yes, those are the inauguration pics. It was Inaugurated on 20th July 2012. M/s. KNK Tyres is been appointed as an Exclusive Dealer for MRF.

Here is the link
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 09:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

I had been to House of Tyres last month. My in-laws' 7 year old Indigo that still ran on stock tyres, needed tyre replacement.

I first went to the main shop and met Mr. Vinayak Angle. I showed him this thread on my phone. He was so excited that he showed Scorpian's post to Mr. Suresh too. And as Scorpian mentioned, he offered the new tyres for such a low price that I did not feel like bargaining at all! He was nice enough to suggest to go for cheapest tyres among branded ones (Apollo), since the car is not used much (~24000 KMs so far). He asked us to visit his workshop, which is about 2 KMs away near Navelim, on NH 17 (or NH 66). He said he will have the chief mechanic check the steel rims. If the rims are good enough, we could go for tubeless tyres. Or else we would need to buy tubetype tyres which are slightly costlier.

Mr. Sanjay the chief mechanic suggested I go for tube type tyres. The Apollo tyres (I forgot the model name) cost me 4040 Rs a piece. Wheel balancing (300 Rs worth) and some knobs (each worth 40 Rs) were thrown in for free. However, wheel alignment was 300 Rs extra.

However, they did not lock the steering wheel and apply the brakes while doing wheel alignment. That's the only grouse I have.

Compared to this, my experience with Jaywant Tyres in Ponda was poor. They have latest equipment, but those guys quoted quite a high price for the tyres (more than 5000 Rs per tyre for some tube type Bridgestone - I think). They also bluntly refused to give any discount or freebies. Their attitude was, "take it or leave it". I think people in Ponda go there only because there are no other options and most people do not bother to explore much.
Old 23rd January 2021, 21:16   #8
BHPian

Thanks to the positive reviews in this thread, I too visited House of Tyres, Margao recently to get new shoes for my i10. The original stock tyres, were Apollo Acelere, and lasted me a good 10 years and close to 40K Kms. I went for Apollo Amazer 4G life ( 155/80 R13), considering it to be a good value for money. The initial experience is quite good, seems less tyre noise now. Maybe the placebo effect that usually comes with the new set of tyres, but will observe for a longer time.
The experience at House of Tyres was very good, and i would definitely recommend the place for people looking to getting new tyres for their vehicles. The entire process of tyre removal, fitting new tyres, wheel balancing and alignment was completed very efficiently. No complaints.
The owner, Mr Vinayak Angle is a very nice person and it was a pleasure meeting him as well. Hope they keep up the good service !.
gautamal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 21:33   #9
BHPian

Wow this came at a good time. I need a total of eight tires for my two cars. Will speak on Monday.

Most Viewed