Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2014, 20:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)

Can someone please specify the charges for his services?
Old 4th March 2014, 01:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Can someone please specify the charges for his services?
Would suggest you to call him up directly and take a quote as the rates vary on the size of cars.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 00:50   #18
BHPian

I had gone through this thread earlier and have always wanted to pamper my ride , but kept putting that off on my 7 year old Getz .

I had steadfastly refused the Dealer when I was offered a “Teflon” coat on my new Duster RXZ AWD , and when told what I thought of their “Teflon” , I was promptly offered the 3M paint protection regimen (mind you – offered does not mean free !) . I only opted to get the underbody coating done through them. I called up Joseph to take his opinion & quote on a possible paint protection solution for a new car and promptly fixed up a date.

While dusting the Duster one morning, I was completely aghast to note 7 / 8 long scratches on the bonnet and a nasty one on the passenger side fender. I was bewildered since I had not parked anywhere where this can be done intentionally, and these were definitely not the result of the car bumping against something. The other option was either rodents or birds or even a cat walking on the bonnet , but that was too farfetched to have happened inside a completely locked garage. The only consolation was that the scratches were not too deep and therefore Joseph probably would be able to fix these. During the Detailing process , we figured out the cause. It appears that when the underbody coating was done , proper precautions were not taken and the coating material found it its way on the window glass , parts of the body panel , the door sill and probably some large patches on the bonnet and fender. The spots on the bonnet and fender was probably obvious and the workers had made the scratches trying to scrape the material off. In the other areas you could feel it by running your hand over paint and and the door sill took a slightly dull colour , which I thought was dust/grime. This is a lesson for me since I did not do a proper inspection while taking hand over of the car after the underbody job .

The Detailing work was done at a road side garage near Garia as I was short of space at my place. Joseph is now too Senior to get this strenuous job done all by himself and uses the services of a couple of very knowledgeable hands , whom he oversees. I was well and truly amazed by the attention to detail and effort put in by these lads , they are young thoroughly know their job and enjoy doing it. The lead chap – Laskar even maintains his own equipment. I will quote Joseph on the exact steps followed throughout the day : First a thorough wash , then paint decontamination , compounding to clear major problems , polishing to refine the paint , glazing to give additional gloss and lastly a sealant to protect the paint and give it ultimate gloss. An exterior trim coating on the plastics was done to prevent fading. Joseph uses products from Meguiar , he happens to be there distributor as well. The end results were stunning and the ugly marks were all gone ! It took an entire day for the job to get over and my Duster was back to better than showroom conditions – thanks to Joseph and his team of experts.

Some snaps of the end result

I am still to receive my High Security Number Plates and till then I am using a old fashioned one , which was taken off to expose the metal behind.

Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-up_20141024_163137.jpg

Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-up_20141024_163152.jpg

Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-up_20141024_163224.jpg

The golden rays of the setting sun

Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-up_img20141024wa0007.jpg

This should qualify as a selfie !

Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-up_20141024_163338.jpg
DriveTrain is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 09:21   #19
BANNED

Used the services of Mr Joshep for polishing and sprucing up my swift ZXI.
Very good attention to detail by him and his workmen.
My car is looking better than the day I bought it.
Attached Thumbnails
Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-swift.jpg  

Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-swift-2.jpg  

Last edited by norhog : 1st February 2015 at 09:25.
norhog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 11:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

My 2008 Honda CRV 2008 is turn 7 years old this month and decided to pamper the car with some love, time and money

After a webasto sunroof, HIDs, and new tyres came the turn for the re-freshening the paint. The car was looking its age and i was in touch with Joseph for a month and a half considering to go for a detailing session or not.

Lets be honest, his charges are higher as to what I was used to paying for "polishing". But then I realized that this wasn't the same process, and it was no sense comparing apples and oranges. I was skeptical spending the amount on a 7 year old car but decided to go for it.

He was nice enough to come down and see the car beforehand and re assure me that it would be worth the expense and effort.

The Before :

I don't baby this car. I used it everyday for driving to dusty industrial areas and ferrying 4 six year olds for school runs. Both the interior and exterior take a beating.

The car was in sad shape. The main issue was dull paint and a plethora of swirl marks all over the car.

Sorry - Did not take any pictures for before, but trust me, the car looked its age.

The Process

Joseph arrived with 4 guys at 10 AM yesterday. They pretty much worked continuously till 6 PM.

The After

The car looks much, much better.

The paint shine is rivaling my 1 year old scarcely driven BMW.

Honestly, about 15-20% of the swirl marks are still there. That is to say the he has removed 80-85% of the swirls. When I say remove, I mean remove, and not cover with fillers and wax. However, the brilliantly shining paint makes the remaining 15-20% even more prominent.

Next time I am getting Joseph to take them all out

I ll let the picture do the talking.

Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-dsc00245.jpg
Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-dsc00239.jpg
Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-dsc00243.jpg
Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-dsc00242.jpg
Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-dsc00236.jpg

The F. A. Q.

1) What are his charges?

A. Depends on car and condition, so speak to him directly.

2) Am I happy with the work done?

A. Overall, Yes.

3) Was it worth the expense? / Will I get it done again?

A. Here lies the catch. The car looks brilliant today, i.e. the day after the work. But it looks great the next day even after a local Rs. 1500 job. But the local polishes last for 15 days maximum.

The VFM test for me is how long the shine lasts. This feedback I ll be able to give only as time passes. I do realize that how long this shine lasts is also dependent on me w.r.t. maintenance, and I will do my part.
AbhiJ is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 22:56   #21
BHPian

My New Honda Jazz is turned 2 months and since I did not get any paint protection done when I got the car except 3m under body a call from Joseph was due. I was in touch with Joseph before getting the car and he had suggested a Nano package.

Joseph arrived 8 AM today morning and worked till 1 pm. The finish is much smoother than out of showroom. He said the protection should last 8-10 months so will report in time how the finish ages., lets the pictures do the talking.

Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-topview.jpg

Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-side-panel.jpg
ritayan is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 14:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
My New Honda Jazz is turned 2 months and since I did not get any paint protection done when I got the car except 3m under body a call from Joseph was due. I was in touch with Joseph before getting the car and he had suggested a Nano package.
More pics please! What was included in the nano package ?
Old 15th December 2015, 19:40   #23
BHPian

The Nano package includes paint correction and Wax protection. Some more pictures for your viewing.
Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-front-view.jpg

Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-side-shot.jpg

Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-img_20151206_125244.jpg
ritayan is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 14:13   #24
BHPian

Got my Storme detailed by Joseph on the 1st. Happy new year to my ride I guess! Availed the nano package which oher than what is lstedd above also includes a certain level of paint protection as per Joseph using some nano meterials and hence the name. Job was very good and I have no complaints! Attacing some pics for better understanding of all.
Attached Thumbnails
Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-1451897188358.jpg  

Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-1451897249613.jpg  

Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-1451897303091.jpg  

Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata)-1451897352388.jpg  

neel385 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 19:22   #25
BHPian

Please could someone send me the contact number of Mr Joseph?

I have two cars that need work, an i10 Asta and a Scorpio 4WD VLX AT

Thanks in advance. Regards
Old 3rd May 2016, 08:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Mobile - 9830853701
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Premi...89560964485852
Quote:
Originally Posted by benu9714 View Post
Please could someone send me the contact number of Mr Joseph?
Was in the first post, requoted for your reference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks