Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2012, 17:44   #1
BHPian

Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)

Wheel point is an independent workshop located in Curchorem, Goa. For those who know, this is located about 100m before the main 4-roads you reach if you are coming from Quepem. This place was mentioned by forum member 11mahesh11 who had visited this place for underbody coating of his Dzire.

Tired of inconsistent experiences at various MASS, I decided to give this place a try.

Called up Mr. Mahesh Naik, asked for exact directions to the place. Fixed up an appointment for 9 am next day.

It wasn't too difficult to find the garage. Keep an eye for a small round board on the left of the road as you approach the main 4-roads at Curchorem. A small lane leads to the garage off the main road.

It was a regular service, without oil change. The brakes also needed to be looked at. The front bumper had some scratches caused during parking, and the rear bumper had cracked due to a rear-end shunt.

Mr. Mahesh Naik is a very friendly and helpful person, not to mention knowledgeable. He is an ex MASS SA. He took a small spin with me, during which I asked him to assess if the clutch needs to be looked at. He said that at the moment it seems fine, and maybe it can be inspected another 10k km later.

There was a slight vibration coming from the front right wheel, which was diagnosed later to a loose wheel stud. Apart from that, there were no other issues.

The workshop itself looks shabby, and has only one hydraulic lift. Following are a couple of pictures of the workshop.

Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)-25092012030.jpg

Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)-25092012031.jpg

However, the mechanics at his garage are top-notch. There is absolutely no doubt about that. Judging purely by the sheer number of cars that come to this small (area-wise) workshop, this guy has quite a reputation. The place absolutely seems filled with cars, with a new car coming in every now and then. Most seemed to be regulars, going by the way they would converse with Mr. Naik.

The guys working there are well trained and proficient at what they do. There is no sign of laziness and everybody seems to be working promptly. I waited till the service was completed, after which Mahesh took a spin with me again, just to make sure everything was fine. I was completely satisfied with the service experience.

Post this, I told him about the replacement of the rear bumper and painting of both bumpers. He said it would take one day, hence I could collect the car the following day. True to his word, it was delivered on time.

Here are pictures of the paint job done. Color has been matched perfectly.

Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)-img_7989.jpg

Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)-img_7990.jpg

Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)-img_7991.jpg

Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)-img_7992.jpg

There is a proper closed paint booth attached to the workshop where all the painting work is done. Mahesh said that they do body work for cars other than Maruti as well.

Here is a copy of the bill. Seems quite reasonable.

Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)-wheel-point-bill.jpg

The only complaint I have about this place is the condition in which the car was given to me the following day. There were grease marks all over the car, as well as on the front left door pad. There was also some white mark on the driver seat, which I pointed out to him and got it removed then and there. Did not bother much about the grease marks since I could deal with them myself and was in a bit of a hurry.

Here are some pictures showing the state of the car.

Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)-img_7976.jpg

Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)-img_7977.jpg

Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)-img_7979.jpg

Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)-img_7980.jpg

Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)-img_7981.jpg

Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)-img_7982.jpg

Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)-img_7984.jpg

Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)-img_7986.jpg

Overall impression: Excellent as far as service and quality of body work is concerned. The only negative point, as mentioned before, is lack of attention to cleanliness of the car while delivering it.

I am going to stick to this place for my further services, even though it is far for me. That is only because of the quality of Mr. Naik's work. However, I remain apprehensive about handing over the car to them while I am absent. For body work, I think I will prefer my local body shop who is competent enough, and did a very good job on our i10 recently.

Contact person: Mahesh Naik
Ph. No: +919011047091

Last edited by GTO : 18th February 2013 at 14:25. Reason: Removing your address & phone number from the bill
swarnava.m is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 14:27   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Repairs, Maintenance etc. - Wheel Point (Curchorem, Goa)

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Team-BHP Directory. Thanks for sharing!
Old 25th August 2020, 14:39   #3
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a reliable FNG in or around Panjim for basic servicing? I'm looking for a place that does quality work without being heavy on the pocket.
Old 25th August 2020, 15:14   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Can anyone suggest a reliable FNG in or around Panjim for basic servicing? I'm looking for a place that does quality work without being heavy on the pocket.
There is a place called Pinto's Garage in Calangute. I had visited this place 2 years ago. Mr. Pinto was present there and helped me out with my i20's clutch plates as I had to reach Bangalore the next day. You can check it out.
Sreesh1009 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 12:17   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
If you are ok with coming to verna then i have someone who is ex maruti and very reliable and genuine.Does only whats required and no extra charges here and there.
scorpian is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks