Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 9 28.13%
Recommended 3 9.38%
NOT Recommended 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2013, 10:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)

The word Skoda always sends shivers down most of our spines, especially thinking of the horrors of the aftersales services, modifications etc. Audi, BMW, Volkswagen and Mercs are no better.

The current situation is such that once you purchase such a vehicle, you have to use it the way it was sold to you! Repairs and services are expensive. Modifications and accessories would mean a goodbye to your warranty and further support from the dealer/service center.

Furthermore, you never know what all could get damaged in the process of modification or upgrade, resulting in exhorbitant bills and endless waits for the spares.

Welcome to VAGTUNE!

Vagtune (www.vagtune.in) is a firm founded by Sukesh C from Cochin, Kerala who specializes in modifications and accessory installation of such premium cars.

So what makes Vagtune so special than the normal accessory-walla?

Well, first of all, Vagtune only uses genuine OEM accessories from Skoda, Audi, BMW, VW or Mercedes. No cheap Chinese products please! If this is your aim, excuse me, Vagtune is not your place and you'll have the pleasure of Sukesh throwing rotten eggs at you!

Sukesh also has a wonderful partner by the name Ashraf, who allows his Skoda Laura to be tested with all the accessories so that they're validated as "safe" for the customers' cars! So sweet of him!

Vishnu is Sukesh's assistant who keeps the "Operating table" ready, maintains all the inverntory and does all final testings for spares, accessories & cars.

What I liked was that genuine accessories are used, no cutting or splicing of wires are done and finally no error messages are seen on the screen.

Once the accessories are installed, the CANBUS software is modified to suit the newly installed hardware.

Vagtune will first inspect your car, its current setup (software and hardware) and then determines what needs to be done to achieve the objective.

Vagtune will frankly inform you if the task is impossible or inadvisable.

I have seen several satisfied customers of Vagtune who have come for "more"!

The local Skoda dealers also recommend Vagtune to their customers for legitimate modifications.

The products available include lighting, audio/video, GPS, Steerings, instrument cluster, blutooth accessories, park assists but not limited to polishes and other car care products. The also offer the infamous "Race-chip" which appears to boost the performance by about 20-30% and fully plug-n-play, all the way from Germany.

I visited Vagtune as I had retrofitting issues from the HID and Audio system. I had Thouqeer remove and restore my car to stock. After arriving at Cochin by mid-day, Friday, Sukesh first assessed my car to have an idea of the damage done. A complete scan was done and there were 19 errors. It clearly indicated a short circuit in the BCM module. The BCM module was replaced only to discover the stalk was also damaged. The steering assembly was opened and I was shocked to find many of the wires simply cut and left! I'm sure this was done by Tafe, Bangalore for they're the onces who'd checked that part. Because this is a critical component, I decided to replace the entire assembly with the paddle-shift type steering.

I was very happy to see the wind-shield washer function normally.

After a few hours of coding the BCM, every function was restored and there were no more errors. Was I not glad...

Because travelling to cochin is for a frequent affair, I decided to upgrade the headlamp units and install the bluetooth as well. This was done on saturday and by night, my car was complete and ready. There was not even a single error both on the display and the software. All connections were done using the appropriate OEM connectors. I was also shocked to find my original headlamp unit tampered when they were checking. Autofusion only used plug-n-play hid kits but Tafe has cut the internal wires and simply insulated the wires. I was thanking my stars for the car did not catch fire!

I must thank Sukesh, Ashraf and Vishnu who stayed back for me from their family time and postponed other customers' installations.

I'd say they're are far better off than Skoda A.S.S in terms of knowledge, spare-sourcing, judgement, quality of work and reliability! I also had a chance to talk to quite a number of their customers who had come for further upgrades/mods and everyone spoke highly of Vagtune.

As Vagtune is still in the stages of growth, the website may not appeal to all but nevertheless, it would give you a complete idea of what they're capable about.

VAGTUNE:
Near KR Bakers , Edapally Toll
Cochin
Kerala
India
vagtune@gmail.com
+919895330033
+91952601234
http://www.vagtune.in

Now, time for some pics!

Note: The person standing next to the black Laura is Ashraf, while the gentleman reading from the latop is Sukesh! Sorry Vishnu, I dont have your snap to lead!
Attached Thumbnails
Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-image004.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-image002.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-image006.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-image008.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-image010.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-image012.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-image014.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-image016.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-image018.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-image020.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-image022.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-image024.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-image026.jpg  

Last edited by nitinbose : 21st January 2013 at 10:37.
nitinbose is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 26th January 2013, 23:21   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)

Nice report. Seems you like the craftsmanship quite a lot! How about their rates? That would give an idea to the Skoda owners here.

Between your headlights look cool; I would have done away with the two half angel eyes. Though unique, it takes away the beauty of full rings is what I feel.
Old 5th February 2013, 23:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Nice report. Seems you like the craftsmanship quite a lot! How about their rates? That would give an idea to the Skoda owners here.

Between your headlights look cool; I would have done away with the two half angel eyes. Though unique, it takes away the beauty of full rings is what I feel.
The prices of the various parts are indicated in their website. Definitely not cheap but not as expensive as Skoda A.S.S and at the same time quite reliable.
Old 17th February 2013, 12:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

VAG Tune, Cochin - sorted out the Yeti

If a similar thread exists somewhere (couldnt find any with a search), please merge with the same.

I visited VAG Tune recently after the Skoda dealership messed up the fitment of my OE Skoda bluetooth kit. The following problems needed sorting out:

1. Post fitment of the bluetooth, my iPod/USB kit (MDI Interface) fitted earlier started playing in Mono. Radio/USB and even telephone sounded fine but not the inputs from the MDI.

2. There seemed to be a problem with the BT microphone as people couldnt hear me at all, while I could hear them very well.

3. The auto-headlamp switch was for some reason not working as intended.

Having been to the dealership twice for different fitments, I could make out that they were fairly clueless when it came to fitment of accessories or add ons, even if they were Skoda OE. They were mostly searching the web for install instructions, and they did not have the required tools. I had stopped them twice from using metal tools (screwdrivers) to remove the plastic trim on the dash - but they obviously did not have the simple plastic remover required.

Called VAG Tune after reading up about them on several forums, and the guy in charge (the owner) gave me a patient hearing before asking me to bring the car over.

It took him about 1/2 an hour to sort out various issues - the BT microphone gain was set to 0, it had obviously not been tested else the values wouldve been modified at install. The new headlamp switch with the 'Auto' mode was not enabled at all on VAG-Com, hence its functionality was missing.

And finally the audio was sorted out by merely inspecting and repairing the connectors - the OE connectors had been jammed into the harness without thought and several connectors were bent inside. Simple enough job to fix it.

In the process he also cleared a lot of errors on the CAN-BUS that had been caused by pure physical installation without using the VAG-Com afterwards to check for errors.

Also saw a demo of the GPS kit for the Yeti (he has it in stock) and the Tyre Pressure Monitoring system. The GPS is pretty impressive - I had not expected this level of detail for addresses in remote towns of India. Also on display was the original Yeti Xenon headlamp, a direct fit-on to the current harness (but expensive at Rs.110k).

He has an impressive list of accessories and add-ons to various euro cars, in addition to kits for all VAG-group vehicles.

He accepts outstation cars - while I was at the place, there were 5 outstation Skodas at his place from Bangalore, Coimbatore and Mangalore. All of which had come in for accessories/race chip upgrades.

As the gentleman preferred not to charge for clearing up error codes ('we dont normally have walk-ins'), I thought I'd do him a favour and let others know about the services they provide.

You can find them at http://www.vagtune.in/ - the chap mentioned that they have an online store where you can order your stuff for delivery within India.

PS: Please contact them directly using the numbers on the website for any clarifications - I am not in a position to provide any answers.

Last edited by Steeroid : 17th February 2013 at 12:13.
Steeroid is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Vagtune has upgraded their website to include articles, discussion forums etc. The site is also more informative regarding the different technologies, details in pricing etc.

Sukesh has also got some new upgrades!

I need to replace the clips and screws for all the door panels and interior fittings as TAFE as done the beautiful job of fitting only half the screws, resulting in rattlings and vibrations.

I'm also considering installing the attention assist, automatic parking system and adaptive cruise control...
Old 8th July 2013, 10:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

My VAGTUNE SAGA Continues...

I love driving, the very reason why I joined team-bhp!

One of the key topics which is always emphasized on many threads is on safety. Because we have faster cars and express ways, we do tend to drive much faster and enjoy the full potential of our vehicles, hence the need for safety of our vehicle and the passengers is of utmost importance.

The main cause of accidents is due to driver fatigue. The interesting part here is that the driver himself/herself may never be aware that he/she is tired or getting tired until the inevitable occurs! Hundreds of accidents occur due to driver fatigue.

I was only aware of the attention assist feature in some of the premium cars until Sukesh told me its quite possible to install the same in Skoda. Once this feature is enabled, it 'learns' the driving habits of the driver during the first 30 minutes of the drive and stores it, for that particular session. There is a sensor in the instrument cluster which continuously monitors the eye movements of the driver. Once real fatigue is sensed, the system informs the driver to take a break, by displaying the picture of a cup of tea. This is also accompanied by the system chime sound. The vehicle also becomes more sensitive of the brake applications, steering movements and acceleration.

Checking for compatibility of the vehicle is the first step. The existing ABS module and instrument cluster should support this feature, only then we can install and enable this feature. The installation proves is fairly straightforward; the CAN gateway is first upgraded to the latest version. In fact I now have the CAN gateway that is also shared by Porshe! This also enables me to integrate more features that were never available with the old CAN gateway, opening new avenues for me.

Coding on the CAN gateway does take some time, especially because its a vanilla piece and needs to learn and adapt to all the features. We also have to be really sure all the stock featuers are enabled and tested. Scans are done several times to make sure everything is picture perfect.

The attention assist feature is then enabled, adapted and calibrated. We can then 'test' this feature using the test feature. This is the only method to test this feature as the fatigue has to occur naturally, else we'd end up with so many false positives. Sukesh was telling me there exists more than 300,000 lines code for this feature out of which more than 50% must be satisfied to spring this system into action. How intelligent. Once the system learns the drivers driving habits, it continuously monitors the steering, braking and acceleration patterns as well as eye movements.

I was lucky enough to be fatigued naturally, on my way back to Bangalore, when the attention assistant sprung into action. I took a 15min break at A2B, by then the message had gone.

I would strongly recommend this feature to all bhpians if you're a long distance driver for it can save lives!

I really had a chance to get close to Sukesh; I went to his home and saw his entire 'lab'. He has a Laura and a Fabia on which he performs all the installations, modifications and retrofit before publishing on his site. He does have some serious set of equipment & spares.

He is currently in the process of upgrading his ABS module to the latest version/model. This ABS pump is almost double the size of the existing pump in my car. It contains four pumps, one for each tyre. This upgrade enables the following: ESP+ ECS with XDS,PLA and DSR. This ABS system checks for the status/updates at a much higher rate than the conventional units. Apart from this, this system works excellent even on corners. All parts are Skoda genuine.
I am not going to explain the details as you can read them here: http://www.vagtune.in/index.php?opti...010&Itemid=535

I did some research personally and realized this modules also enables Park-Assist V2, Attention Assist V2, Adaptive Cruise control (additional hardware required), Hill-hold and Hill descent controls.
From what I've seen and learnt, I feel this feature would also be quite useful especially if we're considering upgrading the power, because with higher power comes the requirement for higher and better safety systems that can work in a nick of time.

This would be the next item in my list.

Now for some pics.

Please note: The attention assist feature has to be enabled each time you start your drive. This enables the system to learn your driving habits afresh. You can do this from the "Assistants" sub menu.

The total cost including installation came to INR 48,000/-
Attached Thumbnails
Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-1.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-2.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-3.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-4.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by nitinbose : 8th July 2013 at 11:02.
nitinbose is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 09:03   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I forgot to mention that the new CAN Gateway + some tweaking in setting made my car audio sound a lot better. The sound is much clearer with less distortion even at high volumes and bass.

I also took this opportunity to replace my low beam xenon kit as the existing kit was giving low light.
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 12:39   #8
BHPian

Hi,
Any info about just plain diagnostics and repairs? I'd rather go here, if they are better than the Service Center. What I mean is DPF Errors, Pollen Filter changes, Air Conditioning checks and repairs if needed?
Or is this more about cosmetic changes/features and modifications only?

thanks!
Old 18th July 2013, 11:41   #9
BHPian

As a performance magazine, we get a lot of calls from enthusiastic owners, tuners and tuning businesses wanting to show their projects in the magazine. And some of them are quite interesting.

A month back, a chap at VAG Tune by the name Sugesh, rang us up and said he is going to swap his ESP pump for some high end VW product and retro fit an Auto Park Assist. He reckoned, he could convert his Laura Elegance to parallel park it between two cars with a Passat sized gap between them.

Yesterday, Sugesh was ready with his creation and asked us if we would like to see it for ourselves. We have driven the Passat and it's Auto parking system is too scary to work in the Indian environment. The tolerances are so high (40cm) it thinks of itself as a long wheelbase Phaeton and gives up. The VAG Tune Laura on the other hand went perilously close to the other two cars we had arranged for the test and parked itself between them.

Here is a home made video on how it went. Sorry about the music.

vivekji05 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 13:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
Hi,
Any info about just plain diagnostics and repairs? I'd rather go here, if they are better than the Service Center. What I mean is DPF Errors, Pollen Filter changes, Air Conditioning checks and repairs if needed?
Or is this more about cosmetic changes/features and modifications only?

thanks!
Vagtune is more to do with premium cars modification using genuine parts imported from Germany, Czech etc. This is not just cosmetic changes/features - a complete and seamless upgrade solution is what they offer. Everything is perfectly integrated, no modifications from stock are done. They do take some repairs on courtesy basis, though that's not their primary function.

Infact I've already ordered for the ESP II kit, PLA1 & 2 to be done next month!

Last edited by nitinbose : 18th July 2013 at 13:01.
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everyone!

Vagtune is expanding! They've opened up a new shop at a different location.

The new shop has enough space for 3-4 cars to simultaenously park and have the work done. The office space is also much larger for customers to wait, take a look at the various products displayed etc.

The new location is at Unnichira Road, Edapally, Cochin.

I had my stock lights installed at this location and found it quite comfortable and safe for working. The only setback is the lack of restaurants/eateries at this location.

Please note: I am providing this update for the benefit of the bhp-ians without any commercial interests/concerns.
Attached Thumbnails
Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-1.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-2.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-3.jpg  

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-4.jpg  

Old 7th April 2014, 21:10   #12
BHPian

I think it's about time I share my Vagtune experience with all of you.

Please note that I am not trying to badmouth anybody here. I just wish to share my experience with you all. I will leave the judging part to the rest of you.

It was the sales executive at Marikar Engineers who recommended me Vagtune for any prospective mod jobs. He told me Mr Sukesh of Vagtune was an expert and a knowledgeable guy and he has got a wide variety of mods to offer.

I visited Vagtune even before I got the car and decided to purchase two items.
  • Race chip pro- This is a plug and use tuning box which I was told would bump my horsepower by 30%, torque by 25% and improve the fuel economy by something like 1%. Cost- Rs. 39000/-
  • Touch screen Infotainment- which was highly recommended to me by Mr Sukesh. He even told me at the time of purchase that a bloke came in with his Superb and swapped the stock Bolero unit with this one. Cost- Rs. 45,000 (incl Rs. 5000 for the reversing camera).
I will first tell you about the Race chip.

I ordered a mid level Race chip for my 1.2 htp Fabia ambition plus. The chip arrived about close to a month later.

We went with the car to get it installed. When Mr Sukesh did come with the Race chip late into the night ( It was with the customs along with other items) and opened the packaging of my chip it came to my attention that the Race chip was not for the 1.2 htp but for the 1.2 TSI.

I immediately bought this to his attention. I told him that my car had a 3 pot and not a turbo four cylinder. He reassured me that he had ordered the correct chip and he specifically told me and I quote "the Fabia 1.2 htp is actually known as the Fabia TSI outside India and that both are exactly the same car".

I knew this wasn't trueandI argued with him about this but he wouldn't have any of it. By this time he had installed the chip and he said that he will prove that this is the correct chip by starting the motor. He told me that if the chip was not compatible with the engine it wouldn't start up and hence we would know if it's the right chip or not.

Surely enough the engine started and all was well. I paid the cash and left for home. After driving for about a few kilometers there was noticeable improvement in the performance. It was also accompanied by a foul smell from the a/c. Still don't know if this had anything to do with the chip itself.
The car was eager to pull from the low range and also got a punchy mid range.

Start of the ordeal

Two days after getting the Race chip installed I took the car out on the highway and decided to give it some beans. The car had around 800-900 kilometers on the ODO. Yes I know it was pretty ignorant of me since it still is in run in period but many have done this before. I wasn't like really thrashing it, but just giving it a work out.

No sooner did I reach hundred in 4th gear the check engine light lit up.

I immediately called up Sukesh and he told me to bring the car in.

He told me that the light came on because I was too heavy footed and the car was still in run in period. He went to the car, took out his laptop cleared the error code and all ended well. But of course it didn't.

2nd time
Around 2 weeks after this the check engine light came on again and I was again at Vagtune. I assured him that I was driving like a priest yet it still came on.

This time around he hooked the car to his laptop and showed me the fault code himself. What it said was this " Bank 1 System fuel too lean". What he said to me was something entirely different. He told me and I quote " because of the Race chip there is more fuel flow in the system and the system is just trying to LEARN it". He mistook the "lean" for "learn". He told me it will not come again after driving sometime. I having zero technical knowledge of cars at that time ( don't have much now too) believed his words but was in for a shock when I googled this much later.

3rd time
Around 3 or 4 weeks passes and again the check engine light came on, I was feeling helpless. Again I went to Vagtune. This time Sukesh looked into it and said that the Race chip is making the car put out more power than it can handle. He said he had a fix and that he will reprogram it to a lower level.

By this time I was bloody sure that it wasn't my heavy foot that was the problem.

4th
Around 3 weeks have passed since the chip went for " Reprogramming". I called up Sukesh and found out that all was well and that he had re-done the Race chip. Went to get it installed and now there was only a minor improvement in the performance compared to the stock. He said he had limited the torque and BHP gain. Needless to say after two weeks the light had come on again.

He cleared the codes once again and this time his advice to me was this and I again quote "the check engine light has come on in your car's case because the Engine Management System had detected a change in your car caused by the Race chip, it doesn't mean anything is wrong with it. I suggest you put the settings to the maximum and enjoy the ride. My Laura is also fitted with a chip and it too has caused the check engine light to come on but I drive it as it is.
Everybody who has got a tuning box will get a check engine light, some like the guys at Pete's simply override it and stop this from ever coming on and give it to their customers".
This my friends was his advice to me.

5th time

Needless to say the check engine light was on again after a week and this time I decided to go to Pete's. The response I got from there was shocking.
They said that there is no tuning box available for the 3 pot engine that they know of because this is a highly basic economy focused motor. They said it has virtually no tunability espcially since it doesn't have any turbos and that they do not recommend any engine mods on this car. They advised me to remove the chip from my car if I still wanted it in one piece.

Needless to say I was really shocked. I went home and I contacted the technical support team of Race chip in Germany through mail and it was confirmed that there was no product made by them that was suitable for my car and they too advised me too remove the current race chip. They did say that My car should not have started in the first place with current chip.

Confrontation

I confronted Sukesh with these facts and he quietly accepted it. He offered to take back the Race chip but was only willing to offer Rs. 15000 for it is 6 months old. I was pissed off. Why should I have to suffer because of his incompetence? Then he began to make excuses saying that it was my car's fault and that it is a lemon. He told me he had sold the Chip to countless 1.2 htp owners before and none of them had any problems. He was lying to my face.

The conclusion to all of this I will tell you in the next section- the touch screen media player.

Right then, the music player :

Please note that this was happening parallel to the Race chip incident.

I bought an 8 inch touch screen infotainment system for my Fabia which at the time he recommended highly. He even told me a chap bought it for his superb.

I got it installed at the date of delivery itself. First I will tell you about the player itself. It had radio, T.V, G.P.S, reversing cam, c.d player, usb port, sd card slot..etc. It had much more stuff than the standard Skoda touch screen system. But it seemed and looked very tacky. The interface looked like it came out of a cheap chinese mp4 player. The touch responsiveness was horrible. I was unfortunate enough to have a seat in the Laura one day and when I experienced its "Bolero" I realized that my Rs. 40,000 high end touch screen infotainment was a piece of crap. I wonder which idiot swapped his bolero in his superb for this abomination. But then again I should have known better in the first place and not ordered it.

And also I would like to say that after the reverse cam installation the roof creaked every time I climbed up something really steep.

Moving on, I had decided to upgrade my speakers and since Vagtune was very pricey I decided to get 4 blaupunkt from a local shop. My car only came with two front speakers and it didnt have any connection for the rear speakers to the HU. So they soldered the rear speaker wires to the connecting port of the HU.

After three months the Head Unit went kaput and no sound was coming through the speakers. However the odd bepp sound when you press the buttons can be clearly heard.

Took it to Sukesh and he said that the HU had short circuited because of the rear speaker wire solder job. Because of this he wont be able to give me any warranty. More over he showed me when he removed the HU that the local shop guys had made a mess and had cut the car's wires. He said this is a disaster and if wanted to install another HU I would have to get the cable that connects the HU to the VCM Box in order to fix it. He said that it will not be available at any dealers and that I will have to salvage one from a totaled VW/Skoda.

Guys I have no idea till this date if this is true or not. Does a HU get short circuited because the rear speaker wires are soldered to the connection port? When I inquired about it lots of people told me it is quite normal. I don't have a clue. Anyway because of this I had to give back the "OEM" product back to him for scrap value.

And regarding the cut wires of the car, it turns out what he said was complete bullshit. When I took my Fabia to Vision Skoda , thrissur for its first service they were able to fix it easily. They said that all the wires of the car were still intact and all the mess I had seen were the wires of the speaker. They said they had no idea why Sukesh would say such a thing.

Conclusion

So after a year I was left with neither the Race chip nor the HU. Sukesh offered me a RCD 510 as a replacement for both. He said it was worth around Rs. 38000 and I accepted it wishing to end this nightmare once and for all. Even that went wrong. Every time the car went over a bump or pothole the thing rattled like a box of nails.

Fortunately by this time we had decided to sell this car for the GT TDI.

A few other points I would like to add is that all these happened over a period of one year and that it was incredibly frustrating because Sukesh never bothers to attend any of my calls, he never calls back, and even when he does pick up he says he won't be available because he has work in banglore or goa or someplace else. I have personally seen him ignoring client's call right before my eyes as well.

I would like to say that all that I have said in this post is true and none of it is Fabricated or made up in any way. This is what actually happened to me. I have never said Sukesh or Vagtune is fraud nor do I have any vendetta towards them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition, its beautiful.

Can you share what problems you faced with Fabia in detail? Also what were the mods you got through Vagtune, and what problems you faced with the mods and vagtune? I was going to get some stuff from them, maybe your experience can help me and other prospective customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnpai View Post
@nakul:
Sorry to read through your fabia story. I guess you got your fabia at the end of Marikkars' saga with Skoda, and hence the more than usual delay in procuring spares and the bad experience that you had to undergo.

I drive a 5 year old fabia1.2 htp, which has crossed 20k only this month. It is lovely to drive and so far no major breakdowns.
I wish you many happy miles with your GT TDI. May your experience be infinitelybetter with the Polo.

I wish to know more about Vagtune, with whom I have communicated regarding a stereo and steering wheel(multi function) up grade . Since you've mentioned their services as being less than satisfactory, I would like to know in detail, if you don't mind sharing on this forum. Many others have written positively about Vagtune on tbhp.

Regards
Guys I have posted my Vagtune ordeal, if interested you might wanto to check it out. I must say before hand that its going to be quite a read though

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th April 2014 at 21:37.
nakul0888 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 12:00   #13
BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TDI- My second chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnpai View Post
@Nakul:

Thanks a million for the update . Your experience at Vagtune is indeed horrible and when I read it along with your Marikkar experience, I feel sorry. Good that you decided to put it aside and moved on. It can be so mentally draining, when things go wrong with you beloved car. I had almost decided to plonk some decent money on an upgrade for my fabia at Vagtune. But hell no...your story popped up at most appropriate time for me.

Now that you have RCD 320 in your POLO GT TDI, I guess it serves you well and gives you good company on many a long drive.
Let me give you a broader picture of Vagtune.

Vagtune is not like Pete's. There is no huge garage. There are no specialist technicians. There is just one guy running around from city to city doing all the work. So it is safe to say that if something goes wrong the A.S.S is going to be, well "questionable". In my case it was a nightmare.

You have to be well prepared before buying something from him. You have to know exactly what it is that you want. Warranty is most probably going to be one year. But mostly do not just trust him blindly.

Overall I think Vagtune is a case of hit and miss. I am sure there are others like me who had a horrible experience but like everyone says here there are others who have had good experience. I for one has lost all interest in mods and hence keeping my Polo untouched and stock. Maybe I will just black out all the chrome and put on some offset racing stripes. But that's just about it.

Hope you enjoy lots of happy motoring with your Fabia. It is still one of my all time favourites.
nakul0888 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 17:10   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TDI - My second chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
I think it's about time I share my Vagtune experience with all of you.

Guys I have posted my Vagtune ordeal, if interested you might wanto to check it out. I must say before hand that its going to be quite a read though
Thanks for sharing your feedback. One thing I feel is that you could have searched a bit more before doing any of these, or should have stepped back since you were NOT convinced.

Mods, can we move this to the VAGTUNE thread in the "directory" section ?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...ne-cochin.html

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th April 2014 at 17:16.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 18:19   #15
Team-BHP Support

** Cross-linking **

BHPian Nakul0888 has shared his experiences on VAGtune with his Polo GT TDI in the following two posts :

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th April 2014 at 18:21. Reason: Thanks Gannu_1 for pointing this out.
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks