Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 9 28.13%
Recommended 3 9.38%
NOT Recommended 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2014, 21:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)

Vagtune has started a technical discussion forum, specifically for premium vehicles (Skoda, VW, BMW, Audi, Mercs, Jaguars, Maserati etc).

We're also free to post the product queries in this forum and Sukesh may answer them. Queries may be related to products support, features, specs, installation etc.

The link to this forum may be found here: http://forum.vagtune.com/
Old 23rd May 2014, 15:24   #32
BHPian

Might be sort of a delayed comment, but what i feel from reading the pro & anti posts are that the guy certainly has preferred & non preferred customers. The very point that he has been ignoring customers calls proves it. He might be dealing promptly with orders < 10000 bucks if he is sure that the customer is to bring in more business, just as would any shrewd sales/business man do. Thanks Nakul, for sharing.
crdi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 10:34   #33
Team-BHP Support

I had a long and candid chat with Sugesh yesterday afternoon over the phone regarding the instrument cluster upgrade and he was very patient and courteous in responding to my queries. Vagtune does not stock any clusters meant for the diesel Polo and I was a bit concerned about the upgrade using the OEM GTI cluster (used in the TSI engines) since the petrol models have a cluster with a tacho marked from 0 to 8k rpm, redlining from 6k rpm whereas the diesel models have a cluster with a tacho marked from 0 to 6k rpm, redlining from 5k rpm. If there were any issues in the calibration, the tacho would throw an incorrect reading. But Sugesh said that this wasn’t the case and that the tacho would continue to show the correct reading regardless. There was one more caveat he had mentioned w.r.t. a warning light which is indicated only on the diesel cluster and not on the petrol ones; which would be missing on the GTI cluster but the central MID would indicate this warning in words.

My original intention was to take the car to his place when I plan to drive down to Kerala during September so he could do the swap and the required immobilizer coding in one go. He suggested a good alternative instead - note down the odo. reading from the stock cluster, remove the cluster myself (removing it is an easy 5 minute job), disconnect the connector behind, wrap it and send it to Sugesh along with the keys through a courier service with a proper declaration. He would receive it within 2 days, program the new cluster by retrieving the data from the old one, adapt the immobilizer with the new cluster and send the two clusters back to me. I can then swap the new cluster myself like a plug-n-play job. This is a risk - I do not know if this would work flawlessly without throwing up any warnings or errors but Sugesh seems confident about this. I can only trust him in this aspect.

Besides, I also wanted to know why was it that there was an appreciable difference in the pricing of the items listed on the local website (vagtune.in) and the other one (vagtune.com), to which he replied that customs duties and sales tax were added to the final pricing for the items listed on the Indian website. He suggested that buying the cluster from the international website instead of the local one would save at least 5-6k on the final price. And it actually did! So went ahead and bought myself the GTI cluster yesterday. I would be dismantling the cluster next Monday as I have a short trip coming up this Sunday. Shall keep this thread updated on the progress.

If the new cluster doesn’t work, I can swap the older one and take the new cluster along to his place during September. That seems to be the only solution should something go wrong.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 13:04   #34
BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TDI - My second chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
Got a solid confirmation from Vagtune regarding the content and facts contained in my email to Team BHP moderators.

He has acknowledged and confirmed the email that I have sent to him and he assured me that he do not have any further issues regarding the matter.

I do not have anything more to say on this matter.

Note to administrator: Please move this post to the Vagtune thread in "Team BHP Directory".

Here is the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...ne-cochin.html
Sad to hear about your experience with vagtune. Its even more sad that your motives were being questioned by a few.

I think one person gave the best advice when he said you should do extensive research before buying from companies who cant provide proper after sales support.

Hope you are enjoying your gt tdi.
vinj14 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to pick up an old issue, but...

Team-BHP is a group of automotive enthusiasts & this forum has always stood for honesty & appreciated frankness at the same time curbing bias towards a brand or organisation.

It is sad to see a member being drilled or questioned in such a way in this thread, just because he shared his sour experience in this thread for the benefit & enlightenment of all the members.

Many on this thread have shared their positive reviews, but 'nakul0888' did not question the authencity of any of these posts, did he? Then why is he being targeted for posting a negative feedback? It is up to each individual to believe him or ignore his post but some posts questioning the authenticity of his experience was atrocious.

I have nothing against VAGTUNE & I don't even know Nakul personally but I have to say something -

* Vagtune is wholly & solely responsible for the product they supply to a customer & install in their car.
* If they feel that Racechip has misguided them, it is their responsibility to uninstall the product from the customer's car & seek compensation from Racechip & pass it on to Nakul.
* Instead they mis-guided Nakul when we went there numerous times with the 'Engine check light' issue. That is not professionalism.
* Finally, the above emails clearly mention that Vagtune very well knew that they had got a wrong part from Racechip. Inspite of that, they did not replace the part nor offer full compensation to Nakul. Why is nobody questioning their intentions behind that?

It is because of threads like this that a potential customer gets to knows the pros & cons of a product or a service. Let's not ruin this with bias.
raj_5004 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 20:39   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Sad to hear about your experience with vagtune. Its even more sad that your motives were being questioned by a few.

I think one person gave the best advice when he said you should do extensive research before buying from companies who cant provide proper after sales support.

Hope you are enjoying your gt tdi.
Thanks.
Yup. Enjoying as much as I can. Kerala's roads ain't much help though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Sorry to pick up an old issue, but...

Team-BHP is a group of automotive enthusiasts & this forum has always stood for honesty & appreciated frankness at the same time curbing bias towards a brand or organisation.

It is sad to see a member being drilled or questioned in such a way in this thread, just because he shared his sour experience in this thread for the benefit & enlightenment of all the members.

Many on this thread have shared their positive reviews, but 'nakul0888' did not question the authencity of any of these posts, did he? Then why is he being targeted for posting a negative feedback? It is up to each individual to believe him or ignore his post but some posts questioning the authenticity of his experience was atrocious.

I have nothing against VAGTUNE & I don't even know Nakul personally but I have to say something -

* Vagtune is wholly & solely responsible for the product they supply to a customer & install in their car.
* If they feel that Racechip has misguided them, it is their responsibility to uninstall the product from the customer's car & seek compensation from Racechip & pass it on to Nakul.
* Instead they mis-guided Nakul when we went there numerous times with the 'Engine check light' issue. That is not professionalism.
* Finally, the above emails clearly mention that Vagtune very well knew that they had got a wrong part from Racechip. Inspite of that, they did not replace the part nor offer full compensation to Nakul. Why is nobody questioning their intentions behind that?

It is because of threads like this that a potential customer gets to knows the pros & cons of a product or a service. Let's not ruin this with bias.
Thanks.

*Sigh*. Finally people are beginning to get the picture!
Amazing how some people can't wrap their head around the notion that just because they were fortunate enough to have a good experience with something, somebody else might have been not so lucky. Be it cars or tuning shops.

Thanks for the support guys.

For everyone's info I came here to give me my thanks. I am not looking for a fight or anything. You can all choose to believe whatever you want. After all this a free country we are living in.

Happy motoring to all.
nakul0888 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TDI - My second chance

You are welcome Nakul. Did not want to dig in deeper, but just curious on the below-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
As per him, the RaceChip deal was way before he even officially launched vagtune. He mentioned that you approached him asking about the racechip, and he said he doesnt deal in it, and as far as he knows the race chip doesnt exist for the 1.2MPI, but you insisted it exists. I tend to believe him here as when I approached him during my intital dealings with him, he clearly mentioned that he cant get remaps or tuningboxes yet and I will have to wait for him to do his official tie ups.

Also as per him, you then sent him a link for the racechip part and asked him to order the part from the link for you using his CC and since he had a supply chain setup in the works with DHL, you had asked him to use his supply chain to order the part and then help install it when it gets here. So I am a bit lost as to how ur blaming him for helping you out install something that you researched and were convinced was meant for your car. It seems that there is a conflict in the versions you both are putting out here.
So now isnt it clear that Vagtune was simply lying about the deal, especially after looking at the emails...

In their emails, they have clearly stated that it was Vagtune who contacted Racechip for the tuning box, not Nakul. They even claim to send a photo of the engine to Racechip. So how are they saying that it was Nakul who persisted them to get the tuning box? If that is true, can they share a screenshot of that?

It is very simply - if I buy a product from Vagtune, I expect them to take full responsibility of it's compatibility & service support. I dont care who they sourced it from. For me, my only point of contact will be Vagtune.

Imagine going to a VW dealer & paying full amount for a 1.6 Polo GT. And then you are handed over a 1.2 Polo. Will we accept it saying that we did not read the documents properly?

It is clearly the dealer's fault & the customer should be offered full refund.
raj_5004 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 11:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everyone!

A happy news for all German car lovers!

Vagtune is opening a high end facility at Bangalore! Sugesh has personally confirmed this news to me today morning.

The services offered would be OEM retrofitting for VAG, Mercs & BMWs, OEM performance tuning along with preventive maintenances and car detailing.

They would first start with the OEM retrofitting part and the others services would follow shortly.

The size of the facility would be around 4000 sq.ft with sufficient space for multiple vehicles to be worked upon, a very good stock size and a set of trained professionals.

I guess this should be the first of its kind in India for electrical/electronics retrofitting for German cars.

This facility is a partnership between Vagtune and a Bangalored based company.

The expected opening date is in the first week of January, 2015.
Old 21st March 2015, 07:14   #39
BHPian

21 March 2015 is a great day. For one, my exams are over, and secondly, Vagtune will be opening their Bangalore branch today.

If anyone is interested in going for the inauguration, it's 10:30 AM, Saturday, 21st March 2015.

Address:
I don't know the exact address, but it is opposite Tafe Access, Singasandra,Hosur main road, 560068. Yes, buy a Skoda from Tafe and drop it off for a makeover at Vagtune Bangalore.

Amith: +91 9901730702
Old 22nd March 2015, 15:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everyone, I was also fortunate to be in Bangalore to attend the inauguration of Vagtune Bangalore!

The showroom is located diagonally opposite to the TAFE access Skoda showroom at Hosur road, Bangalore.

The place did appear clean with sufficient equipment (hope they'll keep that up as well) and a well organized workshop.

Here are some pics that I'd clicked.
Attached Images

nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 17:18   #41
BHPian

I was there as well from around 4pm till midnight as I was getting some work done. Will add some pics of the work and the experience on my ownership thread in a day or two
Old 30th June 2015, 14:04   #42
BHPian

Re: My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified

Hello all, I hope every one is doing great in monsoon season and all the regular check ups are done to your loved cars.

I would like to share my experience regarding a person who I dealt with in Kochi during my modifications of my polo, Sugesh from Vagtune. I had spent lacs with him and also driven to kochi to get the installation done, as you might have read in the first page of my thread.

My experience with him initially was good which seems to be due to obvious reasons that I was spending lots of money with him, but things turned out to be bitter as the products he sold stopped working during the course of time.

First my DRL for the headlights stopped working, after chasing for weeks and as per him the product is under warranty he never bothered to respond or repair the same, I finally landed up paying USD 60 for the circuits of the DRL that he was suppose to replace free of cost. now I have the circuits with me but I don't even know where to install them. Now my switcher for the low and high beam has konked off, which means the low and high beam does not work together, he is least bothered to respond to your messages and unwillingness to take up your calls. some times it is so frustrating that you don't know what to do and give up. that is what has happened to me, I have given up on him.

He had also done the modification of my rear disk breaking, he arranged a axle for me, now when I installed the kw suspension, one side of the spring doesn't fit or sit on the seat as the axle is not properly shaved at the bottom therefore the spring is little unsettled, I am getting it fixed on my own now. I know he will have his answers to this and I don't have the energy to argue with him anymore.

What I am trying to say is he is very good with his talks initially to sell the products to you, but once you have purchased and he knows no more business might come from you he is least bothered to pay attention, where as he needs to understand that in todays world after sale service is more important that just sales. there are other members I know who have the same issues with him.

This is purely my experience with him and thought will share with you all, please take your own decision whether to deal with him, but I thought I should share what I have been through and create the awareness to people who might be looking at doing business with him.

Please be careful dealing with SUGESH FROM VAGTUNE KOCHI.

Cheers and hope this helps.
The Saint is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 15:43   #43
Senior - BHPian

Re: My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
I would like to share my experience regarding a person who I dealt with in Kochi during my modifications of my polo, Sugesh from Vagtune. Please be careful dealing with SUGESH FROM VAGTUNE KOCHI.
Sad to read your ordeal. There was a time when such tuners were available dime a dozen. These would offer turbo upgrades, suspension jobs, etc. etc. and the enthusiast in us would buckle to temptation and give in, only to be cheated in course of time.

That is the reality of the world of modifications but thankfully we now have companies such as Red Rooster Racing that not only does a credible job at making your car faster but also provide warranty for the parts they sell.

Do contact such reputed garages and fix the problems you have mentioned.

I also suggest you publish your ordeal on the social networking sites so that others don't get cheated as well. You might want to lodge a case against this so called modifier too, if you have the time/resources to pursue the matter.

All the best.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 15:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

I had exactly the same experience with this guy. Once money reaches his pocket, his colors change.He stops communicating and won't even attend your calls. He is least interested to even do the install forget the repair works.
poloman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 16:09   #45
Team-BHP Support

Since there are some mixed opinions coming in:

I have added a poll to this thread. Please do vote.

The poll results will give prospective customers a quick idea of what to expect.
Rehaan is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks