Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 9 28.13%
Recommended 3 9.38%
NOT Recommended 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2015, 17:17   #46
BHPian

I am the first bloke here who reported against vagtune. Now I don't wanna appear as that annoying "Mr told you so" guy you see in the movies. But there you go, I TOLD U SO.
nakul0888 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 17:33   #47
BHPian

Re: My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Sad to read your ordeal. There was a time when such tuners were available dime a dozen. These would offer turbo upgrades, suspension jobs, etc. etc. and the enthusiast in us would buckle to temptation and give in, only to be cheated in course of time.

That is the reality of the world of modifications but thankfully we now have companies such as Red Rooster Racing that not only does a credible job at making your car faster but also provide warranty for the parts they sell.

Do contact such reputed garages and fix the problems you have mentioned.

I also suggest you publish your ordeal on the social networking sites so that others don't get cheated as well. You might want to lodge a case against this so called modifier too, if you have the time/resources to pursue the matter.

All the best.
yes aditya I am aware of Red rooster I had turboed my civic with them, sorry mate but the experience with the tuners in the market has almost been the same more or less, we need someone who is a enthusiast himself and understands the feeling of your passion before the person opens up a garage for mods, until and unless you don't feel in that manner it will always be a job which they will do for the money you have paid and tata bye bye..

I work for a leading media company and I will take it up for sure, I was waiting for the man to realise that he isn't doing right and will run out of people and business, but the attitude is only wrong, we will also put on our polo gt tsi facebook page, will ensure he learn a lesson and don't repeat this with other, though I highly doubt it.

Cheers.
The Saint is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 19:44   #48
Team-BHP Support

Re: Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)

The idea of the business was good. Execution of the business not so. Over time with so many negative reviews, vagtune is like a fly by night shady business which disappears after selling the products.

It's all about customer service. Either the quality of stuff he gets is substandard and knows they will have problems in long term so disappears when there's a problem or he just doesn't have interest in customer service.

A guy who buys lakh of stuff from him will probably go back to him when they change the car for the next car. I don't think he realises this.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 00:10   #49
BHPian

Hi Gentlemen,

I personally know the Bangalore VagTune Team (Amith and Ojus). After reading Saint’s post, I have shared this link to Amith and had a quick chat with him. I was told that Sugesh has detailed explanation on the issues raised and would share his comments soon. Before any verdict on this, I would like to hear other side of the story.

Though I have no experience as a customer, I referred two of my friends to VAGTUNE and they had a pleasant experience with them. Dynavin N6, multifunction steering wheel with Paddle Shifters and Projectors were the products which were installed at their Bangalore facility when Sugesh came down to Bangalore and the overall experience was admirable.

LOTHAR
Old 1st July 2015, 08:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everyone!

I was really unsettled when I read this incident and therefore called up Vagtune.

Vagtune mentioned they have their version to express as well, to be fair to both sides. They would be communicating with team-bhp shortly to do so.

Lets hear both sides to be fair enough.
Old 1st July 2015, 09:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

I think everyone will appreciate initiatives like Vagtune particularly for VAG cars where the dealer support is minimal and indifferent. But that does not mean you can flaunt the monopoly and turn a blind eye towards the customer feedback. Like every establishment some will have good experience and some bad. A lot will depend on your personal equation with the proprietor and the business you provided. But I don't think there is any need to counter a negative feedback with some one's positive experience. What is needed is to address the concerns raised by the aggrieved person.
In one of earlier posts by Nakul, Sugesh himself had admitted some discrepancies from his side. So why get so much defensive?

Last edited by GTO : 1st July 2015 at 10:22. Reason: Quoted post deleted, thanks
poloman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 09:57   #52
Team-BHP Support

I think the problem is not with going to vagtune first time and getting new products. Nikz and Mighty Lothar both of you guys appear to have good experiences as nothing has gone wrong yet.

All feedback here points to the fact that vagtune is good till something goes wrong. When one of his fitted accessories fails, he then leaves the customer high and dry. Which is where the problem lies.

If you go to him first time, fit some stuff and everything works, nobody will complain. It's how he handles customer complaints at a later date which seems to be the issue.

Unless you have good experience with him after sale when there is an issue, what you guys are saying as good is only first time.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 10:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Lothar View Post
Hi Gentlemen,

I personally know the Bangalore VagTune Team (Amith and Ojus). After reading Saint’s post, I have shared this link to Amith and had a quick chat with him. I was told that Sugesh has detailed explanation on the issues raised and would share his comments soon. Before any verdict on this, I would like to hear other side of the story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Vagtune mentioned they have their version to express as well, to be fair to both sides. They would be communicating with team-bhp shortly to do so.

Lets hear both sides to be fair enough.
I agree there are two sides to a coin but point is - why ignore a customer's phone call, which is the gruff every disgruntled customer here has with VAGTUNE.

As how I see it, it is okay for electrical and mechanical components to go bad, but what matters more is how it is rectified by the store and how the whole situation is dealt.

If I pay thousands of my hard earned money on a product and it goes bad, obviously I will be frustrated and worried. I will have nowhere to go except the seller. And when the seller ignores me, the frustration turns into anger. All this can be amicably solved with just a - "bring your car over, we will see what can be done".

Also, if I have paid someone money for a product and it's after sales, I deserve the service and nobody is doing me a favor.

Last edited by GTO : 1st July 2015 at 10:22. Reason: Quoted post deleted, thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 10:23   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
All feedback here points to the fact that vagtune is good till something goes wrong. When one of his fitted accessories fails, he then leaves the customer high and dry. Which is where the problem lies.
Hi Vid,

As Saint rightly said, in today's world after sale service is more important than just sales. Let's see what VagTune want to comment on this case. Hopefully things will be more clear then.

LOTHAR
Old 1st July 2015, 11:48   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Every business has happy customers & those that are dissatisfied. I have no experience with Vagtune, hence cannot comment on the quality of this organisation although, of late, have been hearing more negative things than positive about them.

What really gets my goat is the absolute lack of ethics & fair play. BHPian ACS is the owner or partner in Vagtune's Bangalore outlet. He has still cast a positive vote on this thread's poll . That is just CHEAP. Even if you were a customer of Vagtune before, truth is that you're in their business now, and it's plain misleading to 'highly recommend' a brand that you are now representing. Please note that we take Team-BHP polls & recommendations very seriously.

@ ACS: I must warn you that any such direct / indirect marketing attempts will have your account banned. We have zero tolerance toward such games & tricks.

Your vote has absolutely zero value on this poll. However, our software doesn't allow us to remove anyone's vote. To nullify your vote, I'm casting one on the 'not recommended' option.
GTO is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 12:07   #56
Senior - BHPian

Thanks GTO for taking quick action. This is getting ridiculous. It would be good if Sugesh just focus on customer satisfaction and help the aggrieved customers rather than do this kind of firefighting. He should realize negative feedback is part and parcel of any business. His stature will improve not by planted reviews but by helping the customer in trouble and getting a positive feedback from him.
poloman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 12:26   #57
ACS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Every business has happy customers & those that are dissatisfied. I have no experience with Vagtune, hence cannot comment on the quality of this organisation although, of late, have been hearing more negative things than positive about them.
Dear GTO,

I completely respect TBHP's decision on the warning. Yes, I am one of the partners of Vagtune and a previous customer. That is the sole reason why I didn't market Vagtune or promote the organization here in any manner. But I strongly believe as a customer who still use the products bought 2 years back(joined Vagtune mere 3 months back) have at least the right to support the service I enjoyed from Vagtune till I become the partner.

No offence meant to anyone. I believe in strong ethical values and live with that. GTO, please see this as my nod to nullify my vote if my action was against TBHP's policies.

Happy Motoring to all!!

ACS
ACS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 00:03   #58
BHPian

I happened to see the FB post from Vagtune (regarding this issue) before reading it in TBHP. Obviously story has another side to it. According to me, it is prudent to hear both the sides before making any conclusions.
Old 2nd July 2015, 02:55   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
I happened to see the FB post from Vagtune (regarding this issue) before reading it in TBHP. Obviously story has another side to it. According to me, it is prudent to hear both the sides before making any conclusions.
I just saw it too, and while it is interesting I have a question to ask.

In the post it is said thesaint bought stuff from vagtune.com which Mr.Sugesh says is a totally different company and he has only built their website. But the weird part is on the page where the full post is, the website listed is vagtune.com (and not vagtune.in) and it also says vagtune global. If he is claiming they are separate companies, why is he posting from a page which mentions vagtune.com and vagtune global?
Old 2nd July 2015, 10:10   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
But the weird part is on the page where the full post is, the website listed is vagtune.com (and not vagtune.in) and it also says vagtune global. If he is claiming they are separate companies, why is he posting from a page which mentions vagtune.com and vagtune global?
This is because both companies share the same resources, this is clearly indicated in the post.

I'm also on the part that we should hear both sides and then make an opinion, afterall we stand for truth... dont we?

Hope this post does not get deleted.

I feel these posts are giving them a free publicity, just like the way some artists obtain through youtube videos. These videos may be considered crap and not distributed by any other media.

Last edited by nitinbose : 2nd July 2015 at 10:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks