Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2013, 20:42   #1
BHPian

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)

Till date none of my car had visited any detailing center for any kind of Interior cleaning/detailing. Reason??? It's not that I like to live in a dirty garbage tin cans, but in every 10-12 days i myself clean and detail my car as much as i can. The products I use are always Wurth, Formula 1 and what not. Even, my 8 year old Palio 1.9D still had very clean carpets and roof lining until i sold her off.

But, this time it was a different case, in last two years there were couple of very sweet additions to my family. My Dabung nephew and my cute little princes since then things started to change. My all strict rules about not eating inside the car and bla bla were shown dustbin. Previously, i used to find it difficult. But after looking at their cute faces i made few exception for these two sweet kidos and they made sure that they will make me pay for this.

For my punto (Sept 2009 Emotion pack), I had decided to live with the original seat fabric. As I really find it very comfortable. i didn't wanted to use the PU seat covers as I never liked them and leather was way out my budget. Where as additional fabric covers spoils the look.

But, few days back when we were travelling to out of station my nephew and my daughter decided that this is it and it's perfect time to spoil the well maintained interiors of car and test my patience. my nephew(2 years old) who was not feeling well actually threw off on the back seat of the car. Where as my daughter(1.5 year old) wanted to drink nimbu paani from her small bottle and she some how managed to open it. Bythe time i could take it back from her she emptied that bottle on the front seat. i was so frustrated but did not had any option other than smiling and keep cleaning the mess they had created. As soon as I reached home i used our vacuum cleaner to suck out all the water as much as could. I knew that it was not sufficient but i had to do something.

Then after that trip i got involved with the office work so much so that i didn't touch my car for almost 4-5 days. But, when i checked her over the weekend I noticed that some kinda fungus had started growing on those two seats/patches. I was really shocked to see this. When I gave a thought i realized that it was raining heavily in Mumbai and Pune and that could have worked as a catalyst. Some how I cleaned the affected area once again and decided to get the car cleaned thoroughly. I straight away walked in to 3M store, collected all the information and decided to get her clean over the weekend.

But, on same day around 7.00 pm while surfing on the net I saw an add on OLX. It was freshly put up add on OLX and it was an add about the CAR GROOMING CENTER (CAR CULTURE) and i don't know why and how I decided to give it a try. Picked up a phone and gave a call to the owner, after first 4-5 lines of discussion with the owner i gained some confidence about this place. I had a brief chat with the owner, in which he mentioned that they use WURTH products. They assured me that they will work till i get satisfied. They said if i can come at 8.00 pm today they will work on my car till it get finished be it 11 pm or 12 am. I must say i was impressed and I was more than happy to know that they used Wurth products and decided to give them a try on very next day.

So, previously had a plan to reach there around 11.00 am but on lazy saturday morning some how got up from the bed and got ready and left home around 11.30am. The owner did gave me call around 10.30am to check if i will be coming or not. He also, kept calling me time to time and checked how far i have reached. He also helped me with the exact direction. Finally, i reached his place at 12.30 am. Initial impression was, man it's a small place but everything was very well sorted out and everything was clean and neat. But i was still worried. We did a quick chat checked all the treatments and I decided to go for the best available one.

So, the treatment on which i zeroed down was 'CAR INTERIOR CLEANING( sterilize germfree interior)' Cost:1350/-. As soon as i confirmed he quickly inspected the car and made the Job card. All the tings were carefully noted down. So, far so good. i was happy with the progress.

Soon the work started and my babe was ready for germfree interiors. There were two boys working on my car and i was standing next to them for almost 80% of the time. i noticed that both the boys are doing their job wholeheartedly, no short-cuts. Their hands were moving like a pro. I was happy.

The whole job was divided into following steps,
  • Steam wash
  • Foam/Liquid wash
  • Brushing and Wet suction
  • Interior Polishing
  • AC cleaning

Each step was completed one by one almost all the area was covered and cleaned. They did covered each and every area from driver side to passenger side to Boot. Though the interiors and carpets of mycar were spot less, i was more worried about those two seats and after almost four hours of hard work done by both the boys, i realized that i was smiling once again my babe was back to her healthy days.

As a good will gesture the owner gave a free car wash and i once again fell in love with my punto. They were really worried if they have missed on something and kept asking me if everything is allright? They kept saying if i am not happy with something they will redo the whole thing. But, i was more than satisfied with their efforts. Would defiantly refer them.

Pros:-
  • Small but complete setup allows only limited cars
  • Really well sorted out Prices
  • Branded WURTH products
  • Workers with good skill sets
  • Concerned owner

Cons:-
  • Difficult location
  • They missed few things: e.g. ABC paddles were not cleaned properly, though Washing quality was great they didnt bother to dry the car completely

I do not want to take any credit away from them for the job which was really well done. There is always scope for an improvement and i am sure they will improve on these things.

Will i visit them again Definitely YES and will refer them to others as well.

By the way they have given me a few 10% discount vouchers, if anyone is interested please IM me. I would be more than happy to help fellow BHPains.

***sorry for the poor quality pictures*** taken from my 2mp mobile cam.

Address:- Sr.no.-3/7A/2/1A/1 , Vavle vyankatesh complex , panand road, near mahalaxmi lawns, karve nagar pune-411052

contact no.- 9823234511 / 8983548999

Services offered:-
  • CAR WASH
  • CAR INTERIOR CLEANING( sterilize germfree interior)
  • CAR EXTERIOR TREATMENTS (paint resoration enhancement & protection)
  • ENGINE COATING
  • CAR CHASSIS UNDERBODY ( ANTI - RUST)
  • CAR BODY WRAPS
  • ACCESSORIES...

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-image0265.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-image0266.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-image0267.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-image0268.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-image0269.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-image0271.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-image0272.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-image0270.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-image0284.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-image0278.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-image0279.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-image0280.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-image0283.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-image0276.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-image0281.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-image0282.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-brochure-1.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-brochure2.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-coupan2.jpg

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th August 2013 at 08:47.
me@fiat is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 08:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: CAR CULTURE..............the car grooming centre @ Pune

me@fiat,

The car looks gleaming after the service. Cost wise how is the service different from the reputed 3M stiores? Can you provide the cost details of other treatments please?

Also adding 9 smilies in the post is against the T-BHP forum rules, pls take care.
Old 6th August 2013, 13:11   #3
BHPian

Re: CAR CULTURE..............the car grooming centre @ Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
me@fiat,

The car looks gleaming after the service. Cost wise how is the service different from the reputed 3M stiores? Can you provide the cost details of other treatments please?

Also adding 9 smilies in the post is against the T-BHP forum rules, pls take care.
Thank you for the compliment. This treatment costed me 1350/- which is pretty decent for the job they have done. 3M costs 2300-2400/- for almost the same job. Now these guys are almost there i can say they matched 80% with the 3M service. So in all money worth spent. The exterior paint protection costs some 2300/- for medium sized car. which is one again a decent amount.

And about smilies, yes point noted!! From next time i will keep this in a mind.
**Mods thanks for editing the previous post**
Old 6th August 2013, 14:55   #4
BANNED

re: Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)

This is great. i was looking for some place like this. Best part it seems to be reasonable and close to my place!

Do you have rate chart showing different services being offered?
Old 6th August 2013, 18:37   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
This is great. i was looking for some place like this. Best part it seems to be reasonable and close to my place!

Do you have rate chart showing different services being offered?
I had asked them to send me the scanned copy but seems like they forgot to attach one. But, don't worry when i checked the rate cards i noticed that everything is well sorted out.

Let me know if you want discount voucher!! I would be more than happy to handover it. Give them TBHP and my reference, Just for that little bit of extra care.

Last edited by me@fiat : 6th August 2013 at 18:40.
Old 6th August 2013, 23:09   #6
BHPian

Thanks a ton for this review, I need to wash the car, and 3M is too far from Kothrud. Will check out if these guys are open till 8 pm so I can visit while coming back from office.
Old 7th August 2013, 12:27   #7
BHPian

forgot to mention that they do not use hard water at all. They have setup of water softener and only softened water is used to wash the cars.
Old 7th August 2013, 16:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
Thanks a ton for this review, I need to wash the car, and 3M is too far from Kothrud. Will check out if these guys are open till 8 pm so I can visit while coming back from office.
There's a 3M opened up on Apte Road (deccan), which isnt too far from Kothrud.

@ me@fiat: Nice to read about such a centre opening up in Kothrud.
Would it be possible for you to put up directions / map to this place?
Old 7th August 2013, 16:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Would it be possible for you to put up directions / map to this place?
The Vavale Vyankatesh Complex mentioned in their address is located [approximately] here:

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=dar...+cafe&t=m&z=18

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 18:56   #10
BHPian

guys, hope this would help.
Attaching the price list.RATES.xlsx

would love to hear the response from ppl those who are opting for their services.
About location it's pretty near by to Cummins collg. of eng.

*** I am not associated with Car Culture in any way ***
Old 7th August 2013, 19:12   #11
BHPian

about 3M shops we have 3M shops at following locations in pune,
  1. Baner-Pashan Link road
  2. Viman Nagar
  3. Deccan and
  4. Near Magarpatta

Hope i didn't miss any.

Last edited by me@fiat : 7th August 2013 at 19:13.
Old 7th August 2013, 19:57   #12
BHPian

looks like a good alternative to the pricier 3M. Must try it out. Good review btw, me@fiat.
Old 9th August 2013, 21:46   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
looks like a good alternative to the pricier 3M. Must try it out. Good review btw, me@fiat.
Thanks. Do let us know about your experience with them.
Old 28th June 2017, 20:48   #14
BHPian

Re: Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)

Hello Guys,

I am back with another very good experience with the Car culture. My Punto is a Sept 2009 model where as 800 is 2004 model. Over these years I was mainly washing my cars at home and that too only when it was needed the most. I generally avoid taking them to local car wash centers where they are hardly bothered about the quality, proper washing methods etc. i have always used the microfiber and good quality car shampoo (Wurth, Meguiars, Jopasu etc.)to wash my cars and bikes. Also, I do apply turtle carnauba wax every 3 months.

Though I have used my cars with at most care now the aging effect was visible. The body had quite a many swirl marks on it and car had lost it's original shine. Harsh had worked on my Punto in July-Aug 2013 and since then we were always touch.

Over these years many of my friends got their Fiat's and other cars done from the Harsh and every time received the good feedback about the work which was carried out. I wanted to get my Punto, Linea and 800 detailed from Car culture but then because of some or other problem i was not able to take out some time.

Finally, in a last week I managed to take out some time and got Punto and 800 detailed at Car culture. Where as Linea is still waiting in a queue. This time I had two options either to go for paint protection treatment or to go for the Ceramic coating which is a step above.

I finally got the Ceramic coating done for both the cars and the result is simply superb. Now, i will let the pics do the talking.
Attached Thumbnails
Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-170624_153307_collage1.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-170624_134052_collage1.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-170623_212453_collage1.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-20170624_115034-2.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-20170624_1151212.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-20170624_1326122.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-20170624_1330352.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-img_20170622_114522.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-img_20170622_114842.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-img_20170622_182345.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-img20170623wa0017.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)-img20170623wa0015.jpg  

Last edited by me@fiat : 28th June 2017 at 20:52.
Old 14th July 2017, 17:23   #15
BHPian

Re: Interior & Exterior Detailing: The Car Grooming Center (Pune)

Hi
What was the cost of ceramic coating for your punto pls?
Thanks
naren_gs1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks