Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2013, 07:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)

Hi,

Having seen this store from the last two weeks since I landed back in India and with a new car, it was but natural for me to opt for their services. I have read and heard the awesome experiences of 3M Car care at HSR layout, Bangalore and hence wanted to get my new Fortuner-BOSS in White pampered.

So, I researched the internet and sourced the contact number and called them up. Vinod, who owns the outlet was prompt in picking up the call and answering all my micro/macro queries with patience and knowledge. The first phone call was professional and pure information and less of 'sales' which was a welcome change!

Fixed up the appointment and promptly landed up at their store to meet Vinod right on time. What followed after was a great memory re-enhancer! Upon introductions, I felt that I knew him earlier somewhere and insisted the same with him. Eventually, we both started our career together in the same industry working for two great US MNC's and here we are in two different professions after ~20 years!!

Vinod after having a good career graph opted to pursue his Auto passion and jumped into car detailing services with 3M at Hyderabad 2-3 years back. He and his brother-Vijay, now run two 3M Car care centers in the uptown Hyderabad.

BOSS in White: I have opted for the 3M anti-corrosion treatment(5 year warranty)+Total Exterior package-Large which costed me Rs. 14,800/-

The anti-corrosion treatment was more for the reduction of road noise and smooth glide feeling of the ride than the corrosion protection itself.

The Exterior process they followed is captured below for your information:

The Process starts with dry vacuuming the interiors, carpet and seats, and cleaning the mats with a cleaner. The Car exterior is then washed with unique foaming treatment that eliminates road dust and grime from the body of the Car. The Foam Wash is done with Foam Lance and pressured water using a Neutral PH shampoo of 3M. Then, they remove any organic contaminants, like Tar using a 3M Adhesive cleaner. Later, the inorganic contaminants are removed with a Cleaner Clay. After this process, the entire car is Polished with a Machine Polish liquid using a 3M Buffing Pad. This ensures that minor swirl marks are eliminated and the paint surface is prepared for a high gloss finish. They then clean the powder dust from the body, apply tyre polish to tyres. There is a dressing done on the plastic and vinyl parts. Once the engine dressing is done and the glasses are cleaned with a ammonia based cleaner, the exterior is now ready for a wax application. Here, they apply a high durable synthetic sealant technology wax of 3M. All these steps ensure that the paint finish gets a high gloss and since it's highly durable, the Car gets a UV-Protection for a duration of 8-9 months(depending on the maintenance). For maintenance, It's always a good idea to wax the car regularly.

I have some pictures which will do more talking and Vinod's ride-XUV is also in one of the below. Personally, it was a great feeling to see a very old friend doing great and pursuing his passion.

Overall, I am very happy with the service and the professionalism experienced at their store. Also, the cleanliness and the staff courtesy is worth mentioning. The 'eye for detail' is what impressed me and everybody following it up with each other for Quality check was satisfying for the monies paid.

It was a very re-assuring and confidence inspiring experience!

Note: I do not have any business interest in 3M, except being a Customer.

Mods: Kindly edit the title to " Car Care" instead of "Car car", apologies.
Attached Thumbnails
Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-vinod-3m.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-car-wash.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-inspection-area.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-prepping-car.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-buffing-progress.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-team-work.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-engine-bay.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-looks-clean.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-paint-sealant.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-tyre-dressing.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-customer-recognition.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-meguiars-products.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-qc.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-rear-trd-decal.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-vinod-inspecting-work.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-vinod-his-xuv.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-boss-white.jpg  

Last edited by getsurya : 22nd September 2013 at 07:37.
getsurya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 22:13   #2
BHPian

Re: Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)

I'd interacted with the tall well-built gentleman, Vinod, who owns the place, in the past while buying Meguirs' products from 3M Car Care. The guy is polite and professional to the core !! I was Mighty impressed with the way in which he explained a lot of things. He was also very honest in explaining the advantages of Anti-corrosion treatment and how much of road noise it really kills !!

Regards,
Kishor Shinde
junkishya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 10:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Last two weeks saw me going back for the following work at 3M, Madhapur.

1. Underbody coating: This is primarily to protect from rusting/corrosion. However, I always get this done as this provides a good silent ride and minimizes the road noise inside the cabin. I opted for the 5 year warranty coating that gets some inspection and touch up benefits from time to time.

2. Paint protection film: This was done to protect the abuse areas from scratches and other routine issues. The film is very strong and takes a lot of time to apply. The finish is superb and is only visible on white upon close inspection. The front fender corners, side wheel arches, Door sills, door edges, door bottom portion, rear full fender, side view mirrors etc were all the portions that were pampered with.

The staff at the 3M, Madhapur are very professional and take care of all the cars in the same way. I have been there on the floor from the morning to night and saw them being extremely dedicated, all through!

Some pictures for your pleasure below.
Attached Thumbnails
Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ppf-1.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ppf-2.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ppf-3.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ppf-4.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ppf-5.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ppf-6.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ppf-7.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ppf-8.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ppf-9.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ppf-10.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ppf-11.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ppf-12.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ubc-1.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ubc-2.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ubc-3.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ubc-4.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ubc-5.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ubc-6.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ubc-7.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ubc-8.jpg  

getsurya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 18:19   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Looks like a perfect piece of work at 3M. Good shots.

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th October 2013 at 16:01. Reason: Dont copy entire post for 1 line reply. Thanks
BIBIN004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 18:35   #5
BHPian

Quote:

Underbody coating: This is primarily to protect from rusting/corrosion. However, I always get this done as this provides a good silent ride and minimizes the road noise inside the cabin. I opted for the 5 year warranty coating that gets some inspection and touch up benefits from time to time.
I got this done too at 3M, Madhapur in Jun 13 prior to start of monsoons. Opted for a 5 year warranty with 10 periodical checkups. The 1st checkup is due in Dec 13. that the service is good & professional.
Redeemer8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 09:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Visited the 3M yesterday, for a much required car wash due to the incessant rains in Hyd.

The wash was a professional job with

1. Inspection
2. Vaccum cleaning the interiors
3. Carpet mats cleaning
4. Underbody wash followed by full wash with PH neutral 3M soap
5. Tar removal
6. Liquid wax application
7. Dash polish
8. Glass cleaner applied

Total time taken was 60-75 minutes, and I was very impressed with the outcome.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 16:04   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Great job by 3M Srikanth.

Your BOSS is really gleaming now but, it's lost it's dirty appeal

Btw, the 14.8K package includes how many visits of exterior and interior polishing and over what period?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 16:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the 14.8K package includes how many visits of exterior and interior polishing and over what period?
Hi Avi,

Thank you for your compliments.

The Underbody coat is with 5 year warranty, yearly two visits/checks and touch up(for five years).

The exterior has three varieties of coats(depending upon the ageing of the car, as the time progresses) and 3 washes thrown in for free for a period of 12-18 months.

What appeases me is the passion with which each car is attended in the shop!! Vinod, inspects/works on each car with lot of commitment and that is a big PLUS for us
getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 17:55   #9
BHPian

Congrats on Fortuner BOSS. Looks majestic in white.

Quote:
2. Paint protection film:
Quick question about the paint protection film specifically on a white car. Have seen a couple of X6's in my office where this protective film has turned yellow after prolonged exposure to sun. Is this film replaceable?

Please get this point validated from 3M bcoz it looks out of place especially on a White car . Just to caution.
arunu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 10:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have seen a couple of X6's in my office where this protective film has turned yellow after prolonged exposure to sun. Is this film replaceable?

Please get this point validated from 3M bcoz it looks out of place especially on a White car . Just to caution.
Hi Arunu,

Thanks for your wishes and inputs. Vinod of 3M has infact shared the same concern with me and I was ok with it as the benefits over weigh the risk.

We are also trying to keep the PPF part serviced with liquid wax to see if this approach works to avoid the 'yellowing' of it.

Worst case scenario is the film has to be removed, which is possible.
Old 30th October 2013, 11:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

A 3 M detailing centre has opened shop in Gurgaon as well this week on Golf COurse road.
Old 10th November 2013, 10:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I was at 3M yesterday to have the Bonnet front part to be protected by PPF. This was completed promptly & professionally by them. They also threw in a free clean up of my car with Ultimate Quick wax.

I also bumped into another team bhpian 'ecosport rules' at 3M, whose Ford Ecosport(famous for it being the first car to be delivered in India in Titanium O version) is awesome. He was courteous enough to give a nice ride around in his car which had everything under the sun you could imagine

I had to called twice on phone by my wife to call it a day and head toward home

I appreciate the great service and the honest advice(consultation) from 3M, Madhapur!!

Some pictures of PPF for your viewing:
Attached Thumbnails
Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ppf-1.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-ppf-2.jpg  

Last edited by getsurya : 10th November 2013 at 10:53.
Old 11th November 2013, 10:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

I forgot to add about PPF being applied to the door handle areas as well. This will prevent the nail scratches and nicks which tend to show up in the long run.

A picture attached for your viewing pleasure.
Attached Thumbnails
Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad)-boss-handle-guards.jpg  

Old 11th November 2013, 18:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nice review, Srikahth. My colleagues and I have been using their services for the past year.

I got the underbody coating done on the Figo with the 5-year warranty plan. So did 3 of my colleagues. One of them went for the exterior treatment plan for his Cruze too.

All of us are very happy with their services, and Mr Vinod in particular.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 21:07   #15
PVS
BHPian

Yes, Vinod & team are a professional lot, and its been a nice experience dealing with them. I too have availed of the 5-year underbody protection for my wagon R, and will be taking an appointment soon, for the first touch up. Plan to get the exterior detailing done too.
PVS is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed