Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2014, 16:23   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Used Car Dealer - Perfect Auto Solutions (Bavdhan, Pune)

We were on the look out for a used car within 2 lakhs for me and my mom to practice on. My mom used to drive before we left India, but now has lost all her practice. Dad was in India during Diwali when i suggested getting a car. He quite liked the idea as we every time get a self driven rental car or get some relative's car. As my mom, brother and grandparents are here with me in Pune, It was getting difficult to manage without a 4-wheeler. So after my exams got over i started looking for various cars across Maruti True Value, Mahindra First choice and cartrade.com dealers.
We had the following requirements-
1. It had to be a Maruti, Hyundai, Toyota or Honda. The Logan was the only Indian/Euro car considered.
2. The ODO should read less than 50-55k kms.
3. No low slung cars. My brother is tall so is my mom. It would be difficult for my grandparents to get in and out of the car

So i visited perfect auto solution on banglore highway near Bavdhan with my mom. We were politely attended by Anand from the dealership. I told him all our requirements and he showed us 2-3 cars which were beyond our budget.

I left that day and returned back after 3 days when he called me and informed me about this Wagon-R which we are proud owners of now.
Every person at the dealership is courteous and very polite.

I did not feel that good at the Mahindra First choice dealership which is just beside this dealership. We got a very good deal on our 2006 Wagon-R (odo-53k kms). Total cost- 1.90 lakhs which includes new comprehensive insurance, 6 month warranty, RSA and 3 free services.

We reached the dealership on 12th december and the car was being washed after which they clicked a pic while handing over the keys to us and we left from there with a very pleasant experience. I had taken the car to them after a week of the delivery to sort out some small issues which were attended to immediately and wasn't charged for the same.
Anyone willing to purchase a used car in Pune i would definitely recommend Perfect auto solutions at Bavdhan. The best person to deal with at the dealership would be Anand.
I would like to thank Anand and Nitish Shah from the dealership and Vishal from their workshop.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 17:46   #2
BHPian

re: Used Car Dealer - Perfect Auto Solutions (Bavdhan, Pune)

Dear Asit,

Congrats on your new purchase and I wish you miles and miles of happy driving. How old is this dealership in the market. We have First choice and True Value doing good business in the pre-owned car segment. They do provide insurance, 6months warranty and free services.

What makes your suggested dealer better than the other two. I do understand that your experience has been good with them.

Since, you bought this car only a few days back, how can you be so sure of the deal with little usage that made you recommend this dealer to others.

Do you find the pricing of this dealer reasonable as compared to others.

The objective of my asking you this is that I do not trust True Value at all. I sold them a 2003 make Maruti 800 DX(5speed) with 1,20,000kms on Odo for Rs.90,000/- in the year 2007. However, It was a pure coincidence that I met the person who had bought the car from them. To my shock, he told me that he bought it for Rs. 1,45,000/- with 52,000kms on ODO. I never told him the fact, as I never wanted him to leave with a heavy heart.
Old 5th January 2014, 18:25   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
re: Used Car Dealer - Perfect Auto Solutions (Bavdhan, Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Dear Asit,

Congrats on your new purchase and I wish you miles and miles of happy driving. How old is this dealership in the market. We have First choice and True Value doing good business in the pre-owned car segment. They do provide insurance, 6months warranty and free services.

What makes your suggested dealer better than the other two. I do understand that your experience has been good with them.

Since, you bought this car only a few days back, how can you be so sure of the deal with little usage that made you recommend this dealer to others.

Do you find the pricing of this dealer reasonable as compared to others.

The objective of my asking you this is that I do not trust True Value at all. I sold them a 2003 make Maruti 800 DX(5speed) with 1,20,000kms on Odo for Rs.90,000/- in the year 2007. However, It was a pure coincidence that I met the person who had bought the car from them. To my shock, he told me that he bought it for Rs. 1,45,000/- with 52,000kms on ODO. I never told him the fact, as I never wanted him to leave with a heavy heart.
I have clocked over 1200kms with the car. I took it for my cousins wedding to Ahmednagar and some near by places around Ahmednagar and Pune. The car has not given us any problems throughout the trip.
There was a problem with the temperature indicator which was rectified with them as soon as i had pointed it out to them after 3 days of the delivery. The spark plug coil spring had some carbon deposit due to which the car was jerking. Both the issues were rectified within 2 hours and the car was returned back.
Now coming to their pricing. I had 2 sources to confirm the prices when it was urgent-
1. A friend of mine who own multiples garages and is very much a part of the pune used car market.
2. Carwale used car valuator.
When i would be free i would check for similar cars on tbhp,olx and quickr classifieds to get a rough idea. Before i saw this Wagon-R i also had checked for a Hyundai Accent with them. Everytime i checked with the above mentioned 2 of my sources after seeing a car. I had the following observations-
1. Mahindra First choice was the costliest of all. Their prices were atleast 30-40k more than the market. My experience with them was not so good. Their staff wasnt courteous enough neither did they bother calling back. Their dealerships in Hadapsar were better but their pricing was high so did not bother visiting them.

2, I had checked out the True value at Bavdhan on the banglore highway. I dont remember the persons name who had attended us but he was good. They had a Baleno in our budget and some alto's. I always wanted an OHC or Baleno but as they were low slung they were eliminated. Still i tried convincing mom and she agreed to have a look at the baleno. The first day we went the baleno had gone to get its rear bumper repainted. The next day when we visited them again in the evening i wanted to test drive the baleno. It was looking good but as soon as i thought of taking it for a test drive i was shocked to find the headlamps not working. Upon asking their staff they said the car will be sold like this. Mom did not like this attitude and we left. Their pricing was ok. Atleast 20-30k more than the market. One weird thing about true value is that their web page is never up to date.

3. Now coming to the dealership of cartrade.com where we got our car from-
Their pricing for the cars i checked out was 10-20k more than the market. But after negotiations it worked out similar to the market. We were able to negotiate about 20k on our deal. The negotiation is a major thing during every deal. At MFC me and mom tried negotiating on a santro xing which was atleast 35k more than the market price. They gave their final offer which was still 30k more than the market price. The guys at true value were not ready to negotiate at all.
I very well know as they give an added warranty and other things, they would charge a premium for the same. But 40k more than the market price for a car is too much asking especially when the car costs less than 2.4 lakhs
I hope i have answered all your queries.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 17:17   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Used Car Dealer - Perfect Auto Solutions (Bavdhan, Pune)

Thread moved to the Team-BHP Directory. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks