Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2015, 21:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
Steering cover fit and finish looks good. How did it fair over period of time, did the outer layer chip off?
I got the cover on when the odo was about 80K and I sold the car at 110K during a period of 4 years. Forget chipping, no fading or any sort of distortion to the original feel or form were observed. A lot of times I even turn the car with a heavy push on the steering with single hand. But no wear out there.
It should last for some good time.

Gotta visit the guys to check if the steering covers have come.
Old 22nd January 2015, 21:30   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post

Have you gone to this place yesterday? How was your experience with the staff? Was the armrest available?
They have a universal armrest which i already have with me. Shall be getting it installed from them by weekend.
Attached Images

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd January 2015 at 21:32.
Old 2nd March 2015, 12:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)

After spending a few weekends trying to locate a good shop that can do a hand stitched custom leather wrap for the steering, I finally gave up on the hunt and got a ready-made steering cover fitted for my Swift from the Reliance Car Decor a week back since that was the only available option.

Brand: Circle
Color: Black (Grey and Beige were the other options available)
Price including fitting: 550

Let the pictures speak for the work, so that others can take the call based on what they consider as good/acceptable/bad.

This is how it looks normally:
Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)-wp_20150302_002.jpg

Flash seems to be highlighting the white sponge layer underneath but it is not normally visible.
Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)-wp_20150302_005.jpg

Stitching is not anywhere near the OEM finish that some shops elsewhere have been able to achieve, but they ensured there were no gaps and it fits tightly without any imperfections. Overall, the steering is comfortable to hold. My recommendation would be to wait for any alternate options to come up if you already have a good and comfortable steering cover and to go for it if your existing cover has started tearing off/ is not comfortable.

Given the benchmark set by shops like this in Bangalore - Link, I would replace this and get a proper leather wrap when such an option is available in Hyderabad. Till then, this would do the job.

Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)-wp_20150302_003.jpg

Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)-wp_20150302_004.jpg

Last edited by zenren : 2nd March 2015 at 12:56.
Old 8th March 2021, 23:01   #19
BHPian

Visited here coupls of times on my friend request for his car needs but somehow I never liked this place. Customer receiving is very poor, they are like "you need something, so you are here". Also they are not so trustworthy with their products and always tell only their products are best.
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks