Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2014, 22:20   #1
BHPian

Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)

First of all, this Directory is one of the best sections in TBHP. Thoughtful and useful. Wanted to share this information.

I visited this shop and got some work done on my Ritz.

New Reliance Car Decors
Owner: Azeem

Timings: Monday to Sunday - 11 AM to 9 PM

Location: Opp Vijetha Super Market / HP Petrol Bunk, Madinaguda, Near Miyapur, Hyderabad (next to JSP Honda Showroom)

Approx coordinates: 17.495459, 78.341561

Services Provided: All accessories, detailing, denting, car wash, cleaning, battery service/replacement/installation

Services I availed: Seat covers, window visor, driver arm rest, blind spot mirrors, door guards

What I like:
1) Seat covers were stitched and fit perfectly. They were stitched at another shop/location in Chanda nagar. Brought here for fitting.
2) Other work done is also good.
3) Azeem is prompt, courteous, patient in understanding what we want and pays attention to detail. So is his staff
4) Inventory seems to be good, have almost anything and everything that I checked - branded and non branded
5) Reasonable rates
6) Technician onsite for fixing all problems related to car-electronics
7) Quick, prompt. My seat covers were ready in flat 3 hrs. Was apprehensive about quality but were stitched properly without any compromise. Turned out that workers had some free time and so completed my work immediately.

What could have been better:
1) Place could be kept tidy by arranging things better
2) Some stock I checked was old I think, noticed some minor scratches on the visor, Azeem polished and cleaned it immediately. Looked okay and I was fine with installation. For one set of door guard glue seemed to be coming off. But these minors things are not show stoppers to me.
3) Dont' be put away by them not paying constant attention to you. Everyone is working on so many things but still they try to attend to every customer immediately

Will I go again / recommend to anyone:
Without any apprehension.

I have spent a good 3-4 hours and have observed many customers. Most of them seemed to be repeat customers, in friendly terms with the owner and staff. Shows that service is good. Many on the fly walk in customers too. I noticed that they do not want to loose/dissatisfy customers. I hope they will keep up their good work for years to come instead fading away like many other businesses.

Will post photos of the work done on my car later.

Disclaimer: I do not have any business interests with them nor I am promoting their business. I searched TBHP directory and couldn't find any shop in this locality. Thought of sharing. Also, good work should always be encouraged.

Search Tags: Car Accessories, Detailing, Denting, Seat Covers, Cleaning, Wash, Madinaguda, Miyapur, Chanda Nagar, Hyderabad, New Reliance Car Decors
BusyBoyKK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 17:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
Services I availed: Seat covers, window visor, driver arm rest, blind spot mirrors, door guards

What I like:
1) Seat covers were stitched and fit perfectly. They were stitched at another shop/location in Chanda nagar. Brought here for fitting.
Do you know if they do steering covers too and how much they might charge approximately? I'm looking for a good place in Hyderabad to do leather steering cover for my Swift. I currently have an "off-the-shelf" cover that has lost the soft feeling and hence looking for something that would be a perfect fit this time.
Old 9th December 2014, 19:38   #3
BHPian

Re: Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Do you know if they do steering covers too and how much they might charge approximately?
I have seen them talking about steering covers for someone else's car. I think they do. You may want to call them up and check.
BusyBoyKK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 21:24   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please post some pictures of the work done on your car? This would surely help some of us decide to take our cars there.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 12:49   #5
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Can you please post some pictures of the work done on your car? This would surely help some of us decide to take our cars there.
You seem to be very busy BusyBoy. Still awaiting pics from your side.
Old 17th January 2015, 11:31   #6
BHPian

Quote:
You seem to be very busy BusyBoy. Still awaiting pics from your side.
Hey, sorry for the delay. Been busy, switched employer, shifted city and with a 1 year old am occupied always.

Some photos of the car. You can see seat covers, window visors, hand rest, blind spot mirror.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)-img_4831_2.jpg  

Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)-img_4836_2.jpg  

Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)-img_4838_2.jpg  

Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)-img_4846.jpg  

Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)-img_4849_2.jpg  

Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)-img_4857.jpg  

Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)-img_4858.jpg  

Car Accessories, Detailing & more - New Reliance Car Decors (Madinaguda, Hyderabad)-img_4859.jpg  

BusyBoyKK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 18:32   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, sorry for the delay. Been busy, switched employer, shifted city and with a 1 year old am occupied always.

Some photos of the car. You can see seat covers, window visors, hand rest, blind spot mirror.
Hi- How much did the seat cover and stitch job cost you?
Old 17th January 2015, 19:33   #8
BANNED

Quote:
I see you have installed the universal armrest in your car.

Are both the seats moving 'fore and aft' freely?

Can i know the price you paid for it?
Old 18th January 2015, 11:43   #9
BHPian

known these guys from their waterwash + garage days. fairly good at their work. Did some good troubleshooting for my esteem.

About steering covers, I have got one installed in my Esteem few years ago with a guy opposite the BP petrol pump near Reliance Fresh. It is adjacent to Miyapur WineShop. Went there last week for a similar hand-stitched cover for my friend's Swift and he told me to come back in a week. Should cost under Rs 400 but among best things after pure leather and factory stitched stuff.

My PC, phone and external HDD crashed so no photos... pulled a few low res pics from OLX archives of my listing when I sold that
Attached Images

MotoKris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 21:20   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katpasin View Post
Hi- How much did the seat cover and stitch job cost you?
Seat covers + stitching costed 4k, I tipped 100 to the chap who put the covers. I choose a single color.

I chose the material and color from their catalog. A combination of material and color can also be done in the same price I believe (not sure though).

One suggestion - I used to check Ferrari, BMW, Maserati, Merc sites to see how does each color of the seat material suit the color of the car. You can try before you zero in on the color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

I see you have installed the universal armrest in your car.
Are both the seats moving 'fore and aft' freely?
Can i know the price you paid for it?
Seat movement is totally fine, doesn't foul with it.

Inconvenience could be access to seat belt clip and hand brake. Have to get used to slotting the belt into the clip with single hand as there is very negligible gap between clip and arm rest. Hand brake has to be accessed from under the arm rest or lift arm rest up to use it. I am now used to these.

They quoted 1800. I got a discount on total invoice value. So arm rest can be around 1500-1600.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoKris View Post
known these guys from their waterwash + garage days. fairly good at their work. About steering covers, I have got one installed in my Esteem few years ago with a guy opposite the BP petrol pump near Reliance Fresh. It is adjacent to Miyapur WineShop. Went there last week for a similar hand-stitched cover for my friend's Swift and he told me to come back in a week. Should cost under Rs 400 but among best things after pure leather and factory stitched stuff.
Steering cover fit and finish looks good. How did it fair over period of time, did the outer layer chip off?

Last edited by BusyBoyKK : 18th January 2015 at 21:24.
Old 19th January 2015, 01:48   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Seat movement is totally fine, doesn't foul with it.

Inconvenience could be access to seat belt clip and hand brake.

They quoted 1800. I got a discount on total invoice value. So arm rest can be around 1500-1600.
I had started from home after reading your post to visit this accessory guy but had a small accident en-route. I'll be visiting these guys tomorrow.

I use this road everyday for my office commute since 4 years, never notice this accessory store.

I am also looking for an Armrest on my Swift! Shall update the thread with the findings + feedback for the same and overall experience.
Old 19th January 2015, 06:49   #12
BHPian

Quote:
I had started from home after reading your post to visit this accessory guy but had a small accident en-route. I'll be visiting these guys tomorrow.

I use this road everyday for my office commute since 4 years, never notice this accessory store.

I am also looking for an Armrest on my Swift! Shall update the thread with the findings + feedback for the same and overall experience.
Accident? Hope that is not serious and big. Yes, we will be awaiting the pics and review from your end.
Old 19th January 2015, 09:18   #13
BANNED

Quote:

Accident? Hope that is not serious and big. Yes, we will be awaiting the pics and review from your end.
Yup shall update once I go there in the afternoon. Hope I get the armrest for the car.

The accident was a minor nick pushing a portion of the boot inside thanks to a drink lorry driver.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th January 2015 at 09:20.
Old 20th January 2015, 08:41   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Yup shall update once I go there in the afternoon. Hope I get the armrest for the car.
Have you gone to this place yesterday? How was your experience with the staff? Was the armrest available?
Old 20th January 2015, 08:45   #15
BANNED

Quote:

Have you gone to this place yesterday? How was your experience with the staff? Was the armrest available?
Couldn't go at all. All the time I had, was spent on the car denting and painting.

EDIT: Shall go today during return from work. Need to visit MGP dealer too.

Most Viewed