Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2019, 22:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Clean N Shine Automatic Car Wash - Calcutta

Hello,
Went to this "clean & shine" car wash after a few months. I had returned from Orissa day before yesterday and my car badly needed a wash. Just for a basic exterior wash and a standard interior cleaning they charged me Rs 1899/-. I called up the owner before I reached there, to ask for their rate but he did not mention the rate over telephone. My mistake was that I did not learn it beforehand.

What hurt me the most that one imported car (a Jaguar) entered the car wash at least fifteen minutes later, after I went there. Two persons were initially deputed to my car but one was then recalled from my car and two staffs were then assigned to clean it, effectively leaving my car with only one worker. And the work on the Jaguar was completed before mine, though both the cars had basically the same work. And the Jaguar owner did not pay anything more than what I paid, which I noticed, as he left before me.

Though I ignored the whole incident and did not protest with the owner over this issue, I think I have been somewhat humiliated. IMHO priority of washing and cleaning a car should be based on "first come first serve basis" and not on the make or model of the car. I have now decided that I shall totally stop visiting this car wash.
rahul4640 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 07:38   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
Just for a basic exterior wash and a standard interior cleaning they charged me Rs 1899/-. I called up the owner before I reached there, to ask for their rate but he did not mention the rate over telephone. My mistake was that I did not learn it beforehand.
For a basic wash and interior clean, the amount charged seems exorbitant. Agreed, the owner didn't inform the price over the phone, but did you not enquire before the work started?

I thought my local Hyundai service centre (Mukesh Hyundai, Khardah), was trying to rip me off when they asked for Rs. 580+taxes for a full wash and interior cleaning, because the same costs ~Rs. 200 at any local shop/petrol pump. Rs. 1899 is what my local garage would charge for a full wash+exterior, interior and engine bay detailing.

Quote:
And the Jaguar owner did not pay anything more than what I paid, which I noticed, as he left before me.
Quote:
Though I ignored the whole incident and did not protest with the owner over this issue, I think I have been somewhat humiliated. IMHO priority of washing and cleaning a car should be based on "first come first serve basis" and not on the make or model of the car. I have now decided that I shall totally stop visiting this car wash.
This kind of bias is somewhat expected at restaurant parkings, hotel parkings etc, but not at a car wash centre. You have done the right thing by deciding not to give them your business anymore.

, but please consider investing in a good pressure washer and vacuum cleaner! It's a one time investment whose benefits you can reap over a long time, plus the satisfaction received from cleaning one's own car is immense!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th July 2019 at 14:00.
boniver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 09:30   #18
BHPian

Ford charges Rs. 450/- + TAX for complete wash, including engine bay & vacuum.

Local Car wash charges Rs. 250/300 for external only, don't trust them with any internal since they don't have vacuum.

Mahindra First choice use same setup as official Ford ASC, even better I feel, they use both Auto setup (mainly for under body) & manual pressure washing & interior vacuum & some polish for internal plastic like dash. Rs. 280/- + TAX

All charges are for sub 4 meter segment.
Attached Thumbnails
Clean N Shine Automatic Car Wash - Calcutta-20190705_092737.jpg  

NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 16:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Mahindra First choice use same setup as official Ford ASC, even better I feel, they use both Auto setup (mainly for under body) & manual pressure washing & interior vacuum & some polish for internal plastic like dash. Rs. 280/- + TAX.
Very unfortunate that they do not allow cleaning cars of other makes. Otherwise their charges was really most competitive.
rahul4640 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 17:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
Very unfortunate that they do not allow cleaning cars of other makes. Otherwise their charges was really most competitive.
Sir, Mahindra First Choice is a multi brand service centre. They are built to work on "any" branded car.

However, if you have a Mahindra, they would be able to handle warranty too.

The attached picture in previous post is of my Ford Aspire getting a car wash at Mahindra First Choice.

Thanks.
Old 8th July 2019, 17:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Mahindra First Choice is a multi brand service centre. They are built to work on "any" branded car. However, if you have a Mahindra, they would be able to handle warranty too.
I am so sorry I did not know it and thought that it was for Mahindra cars only. But your post was an eye opener for me and a simple search in Google made me wiser. Thanks again.
rahul4640 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 22:56   #22
BHPian

Friends,
The BP petrol station on B.T. Road in north Calcutta has also installed one automatic car washing machine, which has just being installed today. In the morning I went to that bunk to fill petrol and saw that the machine was being tested for operations. The location may be seen here.

When I asked about the rates, the attendant replied that they were not going to increase the rates. They are going to charge what they usually charge currently for any normal manual car washing. Though this place lies in the suburb, people residing in north Calcutta may give it a try. In my estimate the rates shall surely be at least Rs 150-200 cheaper, when compared to M/s Clean N Shine Automatic Car Washing Company.

If possible, I shall like to pay a visit to this new automated car washing facility in a few days and post few photos, along with a brief review. I shall also be glad in case any kind member of this forum (who stays nearby) does the same for me.
Regards,
Rahul Biswas,
Cossipore,
North Calcutta.

Last edited by rahul4640 : 28th August 2019 at 22:59.
rahul4640 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 12:34   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishnipon View Post
I observed from close quarters that the washing ends before suds are fully washed off! Some of the shampoo actually stays on the paint which is then air dried. Probably they are saving on water and electricity by running it for a shorter duration.
I was wrong. There are no remaining suds, what I saw dripping was actually a liquid wax spray thrown from the automated washer in the last stage before drying.
Old 17th September 2019, 14:34   #24
BHPian

Updating my previous post for Mahindra First Choice Multi Brand Workshop for their washing policy.

They have increased the price. Rs. 780/- (incl tax). Out of that, Rs. 220/- (+tax) is optional engine bay chemical washing. This is something one can opt out.

Service remain the same as my previous post, but they have now added external polish too. I guess this is to compensate for the price hike.

For my Aspire, I was charged Rs. 472/- total. I did expressed my unhappiness about shooting the price up from Rs. 320/- odd to a whopping 780 & strongly objected against that engine bay chemical cleaning.

Job quality still remains likable. On top, smaller request like spraying bit of compressed air on air filter (basically air filter cleaning) are entertained free of charge.

Even if they charge this Rs. 472/- rate, it's justified to me looking at their work, material used, equipment & quality. However forcing people Rs. 780 is like arm twisting, specially when people are queueing up to get ready before Biswakarma Puja

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks