Team-BHP - Waxing, washing & more - Pete's Detailing Center (Thrissur, Kerala)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Other Cities (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/)
-   -   Waxing, washing & more - Pete's Detailing Center (Thrissur, Kerala) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/160073-waxing-washing-more-petes-detailing-center-thrissur-kerala.html)

Recently I was in Kerala and my car had to do the duty as the marriage car for the bride. So, I was looking for a place to get the car cleaned and waxed and came across Pete's Detailing Center, which have been recently opened at Thrissur.

The address:
Tyremall
Nepos building 12/713-A,
Nh 47
KUTANELLUR

Phone: 0487 241 1999

Google Maps Link: https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/&#...ed=0CHoQ9RcwDA

Services Offered:

Pete's Smartwax
Pete's Smart wash and wax
Wheel alignment and balancing
Alloy Wheels and tyres.

Services in pipeline:

--Accessories
--Performance tuning

Things I liked:

--Lots of space. Neat service area.
--Wide selection of alloys
--Good Attention to detail (A special shoutout to the two guys who did the smartwash and wax on my car)
--No trying to upsell
--Excellent workforce. The guys were really dedicated and did a good job.

Things I did not like:

--No proper washing bay. The place is still under construction but a washing bay should have been one of the first things to get constructed. Without a proper washing bay, the washing leaves a lot to be desired. To make matters worse, the pressure washer was also not working, so I had to be satisfied with a wash from running water from a garden hose. But I have to say that the guys who did the wash did an excellent job, though it took them about half an hour more.

--Communication gap. I was in touch with the owner (I got the number from FB and called him up - never knew he was the owner) and he guaranteed a slot for my car but when I turned up, the guys at the shop were totally clueless about the appointment he gave me.:Frustrati They had given another appointment at the same time but luckily (for me), the other guy didn't turn up so they took my car in. Also, he did not have a clue what time the guys come in - I was left stranded for more than an hour, waiting for the showroom to open.

Service Availed: Smart wash and wax.

This includes a wash, interior clean, tyre clean and shine, restoring all black plastics to its former glory and a round of machine wax.

After inspecting the car, two guys started working on my car (sorry that I forgot the names :( )

The car was first washed (that is when I realized that they did not have a proper wash bay and the pressure wash machine was not working) using running water from a garden hose. I was not happy that there is not even a functioning pressure washer, but the guys did a very good job and cleaned the car well, though it took them a lot of time and effort.

Then one guy started with the exterior while the other guy started with tyre and interior cleaning. The tyres were cleaned using a wire brush and after through cleaning, was dressed to give a good shine.

After they were done with tyres, they removed my 3D mats and patiently removed all the debris from my mat using a brush and vacuum cleaner (these were present before I put the 3D mats). The seats and interior were thoroughly vacuumed and cleaned and all the rubber beadings and plastic parts were cleaned and dressed well.

The exterior was treated with a polish and wax compound and they did a good job of restoring the shine. As expected, this did not remove the swirl marks, but removed all hard water marks and stains. The car was looking shiny after the treatment.

The microfiber cloths were clean and the buff pad used with the machine was fresh.

Work In Progress
Waxing, washing & more - Pete's Detailing Center (Thrissur, Kerala)-img_20150113_113430228.jpg

All ready for the duty
Waxing, washing & more - Pete's Detailing Center (Thrissur, Kerala)-img_20150116_075757141.jpg

(All pics are from my cell, so kindly pardon the quality)

--Anoop

Thread moved from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the review! I had seen this place en route to Ernakulam from Thrissur. If you don't mind, please let me know how much they charged for Smart wash and wax?

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaseenar (Post 3633035)
Thanks for the review! I had seen this place en route to Ernakulam from Thrissur. If you don't mind, please let me know how much they charged for Smart wash and wax?

Oops, seems like I forgot to add this in the opening post.

The Smart wash and wax costed me 1500 INR (incl of tax).

--Anoop

Just to gauage the work quality :-)

Did your car had hairline scratches ?

How was the polishing on the fibre/non-metal parts ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 3676921)
Just to gauage the work quality :-)

Did your car had hairline scratches ?

How was the polishing on the fibre/non-metal parts ?

Hi Mithun - my car have a lot of swirl marks. The treatment which I availed did not remove those, since there was no polish applied. But on my request, they did apply a coat of polish on my bonnet and it did remove the swirl marks. So, based on that, if you are going for the SmartWax treatment, I am sure it will remove the swirl marks and the hairline marks.

The polishing on non-metal and fiber parts were satisfactory and restored the shine.

--Anoop

Just a heads up. Petes uses Chemical guys products from pads to polishes to shampoos. Although their shampoos are excellent the waxes/sealants are not good enough. They do not offer good protection for a longer duration. So if you are getting the swirl removal detailing done then be prepared if the gloss/shine fades off in a month or two. Or top up with your own wax/sealant at the end of a month

I have used Petes Bangalore (head over wheels, shibin) and I've obtained excellent quality and workmanship. It's almost a year since the treatment was done however the glow on the car body still remains to a very good excellent.

I got our i20 washed from Pete's Detailing Center, Thrissur.

While driving to Thrissur, our car had become unbelievably dirty.

Thanks to the stupid rain we got caught in when we started from chennai.

As a result, the entire car looked like it had been through weeks of off reading.

After settling down and deciding on next day's itinerary, I wondered how I could get the car cleaned.

A quick google search revealed Petes Detailing center just 15 minutes from home.

Guessing it would be closed tomorrow, I called them, wondering if someone would answer.

Luckily, Naim picked up the call, and I told him about my situation.

Thankfully he said they'll do a quick wash.

My wife, father in law and I hot footed it to Pete's in 15 minutes.

It was very late in the evening, but they took our car in and washed it within 30 minutes!

Quality of work was exemplary and attention to detail was outstanding, even when all was done in 30 minutes!

I'd highly recommend Petes to anyone looking for an exemplary service.

From this thread, the impression I got was that they are a detailing shop and I was not sure if they undertook mechanical jobs. I got their number from Google and when contacted they said they do undertake mechanical jobs. I got my front brake pads changed on my S cross here which was just a 20 minute job. I was expecting them to take a good look at the rotors as well and suggest if it needed to be skimmed but they didn't say anything about the rotors. The Mechanic who worked on my car as well as the other people I interacted with were very courteous and friendly. I was initially in touch with a guy named Sijo over whatsapp who I think manages the place. This could be a place you could get your car serviced from in Thrissur after your warranty expires.

There was "pete's smart wax" banners all over the walls but I didn't see a single car being detailed or washed (despite the place having quite few cars that were being worked on), and some detailing equipment (like microfiber towels, polishing pads etc.) were dumped in a corner and was gathering dust. Neither did I come across any washing bays or detailing bays.

I think this place may have changed owners or maybe doesn't do detailing anymore and is a garage that carries out mechanical work. There were a few Germans being worked on ( a few BMWs, a tiguan and a merc) when I was there.