Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2015, 21:09   #1
BHPian

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-ecp-1.jpg

Products / Services Offered:
  • Diagnostics – fault finding and rectification.
  • Spare Parts
  • Service – Routine / Major Repairs
  • Adaptation and programming of electronic components
  • Retrofits and Upgrades.
  • Brembo brake systems (Brake pads, rotors etc)
What I like:
  • Fully equipped to work on the cars they cater to (diagnostic equipment, special tools, repair manuals etc)
  • Reliable source of quality spares.
  • Very good at finding the root cause of a problem. In depth knowledge of the car and its components.
  • Gives a clear overview of the repairs required on the car, and the costs involved.
  • If multiple brands are available for a spare, gives you estimate and pros/cons of each brand.
  • Quality of work done has been excellent – work is done carefully and methodically – an advantage due to working on one car at a time.
  • Friendly and approachable to deal with.
  • Work area is neat & clean.
What I don't like:
  • They only work on one car at a time as it’s a small facility being run adjacent to proprietor’s home. I suggest calling in advance to confirm availability of service.
Speciality / USP: Employs separate diagnostic equipment, specialized for each car brand, not like the one-for-all units I saw at other independent service centres.

Services Availed / Products Bought: I have been servicing my Laura from them since 2012 – flywheel change, oil and filter, brake replacement etc. Got Brembo slotted discs for the front wheels and got OEM foot well lights installed from here.

Marques catered to: Skoda, Audi, Mercedes, VW and BMW

Contact Information
Name of contact person: Abraham
Phone No: 999 555 7028
e-mail: eurocarpitstop@gmail.com
Address: Padamughal, Kakkanad, Cochin
Landmark: Opposite Padamughal Mosque
Google Map:

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-map.jpg

I have been told by Abraham that he is trying to set up a branch at Bangalore. At present, the Bangalore branch only supplies spares. Here is the contact info I got for the Bangalore Branch

Name of contact Person: Sohaib
Phone No: 984 506 8890
e-mail: ecp.bangalore@gmail.com
Short overview of my experience:

When we replaced our trusty Honda City Automatic with the Skoda Laura DSG way back in 2011, the service aspect of Skoda worried me – as you all know, from the owner experience I have read here. After getting the car, I tried out the Skoda service centres here - Marikar and St. Antony’s (wound up operations recently) as well as independent garages (German Tech, Kottayam). The service I got from them was average. The overall technical know-how for diagnosing and repairing the car was lacking (at one of the Skoda service centres, the service advisor told me that the clutch inside the DSG gearbox have to be changed at 80,000KM )

I got to know about Euro Car Pitstop when I met its proprietor, Mr.Abraham during the course of my hunt for a seat memory switch (the one on my car was faulty and Skoda service was unable to provide me one). He got the switch for me and installed it for me.

The thing that set them apart for me from the other service centres was their knowledge and dedication on the job. When I bought my car (@ around 56,000km if I remember right), as a precaution, I changed all the fluids upon clocking 70,000. This was done at German tech – they used normal Shell ATF oil for the transmission oil change. Before buying my Laura, I had test driven a few examples and I felt the gearbox in mine was not as good as some of the other cars I drove. I shared this concern to Abraham and we went on a test drive, after which he confirmed that he too felt the shifting could be better.

He told me that the DSG gearbox has special oil recommended for it and showed me the same and told me that regular ATF oil was not recommended for this gearbox. Since the job of flywheel replacement was coming up at 80,000KM, he advised me to change the oil to the DSG oil and filter during the time the flywheel change was done. This was done and they re-adapted the gearbox with their software after the oil change.
And what a world of difference that made! The gear changes became quicker and more seamless and car became a lot more enjoyable to drive. From then on, have gotten my Laura serviced from them.

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-ecp-4.jpg

All the tools are neatly stored inside the truck

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-ecp-5.jpg

Works Going on:

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-ecp-2.jpg

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-ecp-3.jpg

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-ecp-7.jpg

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-ecp-6.jpg

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-ecp-10.jpg

Photos of work I got done from here:

Footwell Lights (OEM) installed in Laura

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-footwell-light-1.jpg

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-footwell-light-2.jpg

Programming had been done to enable footwell light settings in the instrument cluster:

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-instrument.jpg

Here is the brembo slotted rotors I had gotten installed:

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-laura-rotor.jpg

I have been recommending them to my friends and acquaintances and all of them gave me a good feedback of the work done on their cars.

Here are some photos of the works done on my friend’s cars

Skoda Superb V6 TDI

My friend got a pre-worshipped Superb last year for a good price, but it had many problems – very poor pickup was chief amongst them, I couldn't believe there was a V6 under the hood when driving it – after giving the car to Euro car pitstop for repairs, she was flying once again.

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-superb-1.jpg

V6 Roars back to life

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-superb-2.jpg

Ready to hit the road again:

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-superb-3.jpg

Skoda Octavia vRS

This car’s engine was severely damaged (valve damage due to coolant leak). ECP arranged for another engine and did the swap. Work was done very neatly.

Damage in the old engine

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-vrs-1.jpg

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-vrs-2.jpg

Engine removed:

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-vrs-3.jpg

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-vrs-4.jpg

Replacement engine going in

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-vrs-5.jpg

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-vrs-6.jpg

Mercedes W211 E280

This car belonged to an acquaintance. Its automatic gearbox became stuck in 2nd gear. It was given to Mercedes service where it was determined that gearbox was faulty and they concluded that it would need a new gearbox. I told him to get a second opinion from ECP, which he did. ECP diagnosed the problem as faulty gearbox control unit and they repaired it. Total cost of repairs was a fraction of the amount quoted by Mercedes service.

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-w211.jpg

Some more photos I could dig up from my phone, taken during visits to ECP:

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-ecp-9.jpg

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-ecp-8.jpg
Games Goblin is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 15:59   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)

Excellent entry into the directory, thanks for sharing

This is especially important as the premium Europeans are very complex, and finding a good independent garage can be a challenging task.

This one appears to be a solid establishment. Look forward to more BHPian reviews of the place.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 10:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)

Had recently used their service for my pre-owned Skoda Octavia vRS. I went there based on the review put up here on Team-BHP listing and had high expectations.

I had 4 issues in the car to be sorted out on priority.
1) Strut top rubber mount/bush replacement
2) Door unlock lever not working on driver door
3) Rear power window winder replacement
4) PCV hose repair as it was broken and venting into the engine bay and had fumes in cabin on fresh air mode.

Results:
1) Was not done as they didn't have power.
2) Door lock cable was replaced. Still working
3) Rear window winder was also replaced. Still working
4) PCV job done was a jugaad using pvc pipes and it didn't last the trip i made back to Trivandrum. It was again venting into the engine bay as the pvc joint popped out and had fumes in cabin on fresh air mode.

I had to re-do the PCV vent job myself using correct parts sourced on my own.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 13:36   #4
BHPian

Guys..any other opinion of these people? I'm looking for a reliable mechanic as well. Just got a pre owned 2008 Honda CR-V and noticed it has some occasional shuddering (it's an automatic) and Honda says they want to dismantle the transmission to check further! If anyone has any recommendation, please do let me know.
I called these guys up and they said they never worked on a CR-V so far but can have a look, that didn't sound too inspiring though :-(
Old 14th May 2018, 10:06   #5
BHPian

Hi all

Recently, I bought a used Polo GT TSI as a second car

The car's engine flywheel and DSG clutch-pack were nearing the end of useful life (both issues were identified before purchase, so the price was negotiated accordingly)

After buying it, I took it to Euro Car Pitstop for replacing the flywheel and clutch-pack.

Thankfully, they had the required special tool kits and knowledge for working on DSG gearboxes.

I was told that when replacing the clutch-pack of the DSG gearbox, accuracy to the millimeter is required when installing the new clutch-pack and its ancillaries - which can be correctly done with the help of the special toolkit.

This is to ensure that both clutches can engage correctly. Also, an adaption needs to be done with the diagnostic computer after mounting the gearbox back to the car.

ECP sourced the flywheel and clutch-pack (both manufactured by LuK) and the work was completed within 3 days after the parts arrived.

I took delivery of the car, and I am very happy with the work done!

When I bought the car, the gearbox did not shift into 2nd and there was a grinding noise when driving.

Now, the gearbox feels much better and I can hardly perceive the gear changes while driving. All the gears engage correctly & the grinding noises have disappeared. I feel this gearbox is noticeably smoother than the 6-speed DSG in my Laura.

So the 2nd VW group product has joined the family (other one is my 06 Skoda Laura 1.9 TDI-PD DSG). Owning these cars have been stress-free thanks to ECP service

Sharing pictures of the job:

Gearbox on the bench:

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-img_20180503_155530.jpg

The special toolkit

Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin)-img_20180503_155632.jpg

The local garages use guess work when re-assembling the gearbox and most of the time, the fault in assembly, if any can only be caught when the gearbox is mounted back to the car.
Games Goblin is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks