Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2018, 21:43   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.

Are these single line number plates at the rear valid? According to BTP it should be in two lines.

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-22780364_1538296726236029_9102179747197664745_n.jpg

Infact that is what stopped me from going for these plates.
Old 23rd February 2018, 21:45   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Are these single line number plates at the rear valid? According to BTP it should be in two lines.

Attachment 1734481

Yes but I can't even fit the 2 lines ones on my car. They need to get manufacturers to redesign the rear number plate housing if they want to implement this rule.

This is from the old Amby and Fiat days.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 21:49   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yes but I can't even fit the 2 lines ones on my car. They need to get manufacturers to redesign the rear number plate housing if they want to implement this rule.

This is from the old Amby and Fiat days.
Yeah I know but who will convince the police. They go by the rules book (which they ought to) but for new gen cars it is difficult.
Old 23rd February 2018, 21:53   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yeah I know but who will convince the police. They go by the rules book (which they ought to) but for new gen cars it is difficult.
I'm using them on my cars for 9 years plus.

If they want to implement the rule, they can like sun film and ask owners to get the right one. Matter if 400 bucks.

I would rather get what looks good and still within rules to the most extent. And these are pretty much standard car plates nowadays. Like I said like isi rule they need to get manufacturer to redesign most cars till then they can't implement.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 22:00   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm using them on my cars for 9 years plus.

If they want to implement the rule, they can like sun film and ask owners to get the right one. Matter if 400 bucks.

I would rather get what looks good and still within rules to the most extent. And these are pretty much standard car plates nowadays. Like I said like isi rule they need to get manufacturer to redesign most cars till then they can't implement.
Will take the plunge myself. Are the dimensions same for all cars?

Edit : Got my answer regarding the dimensions seeing the earlier pics shared.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 23rd February 2018 at 22:04.
Old 24th February 2018, 09:42   #66
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Will take the plunge myself. Are the dimensions same for all cars?
Please see this post and others from an earlier discussion - here (Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation)

The size of the registration plate for passenger cars is 500mm x 120mm and these plates conform to that size (with the frame).

The CMV rule mentions the need for embossed "IND" and hologram also which will be missing in the plates called "normal" on the Movell site. This is fine for now and will be taken care of when the Karnataka government adopts HSRP and identifies the vendor from whom we can then get such plates (buying the "IND" plates from these sites are not really the real/original ones, so though Bangalore traffic cops are a bit lenient on this, you can be stopped by neighboring Tamil Nadu cops. And those with the blue IND patches are targeted even in Bangalore!)
Old 24th February 2018, 21:49   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Please see this post and others from an earlier discussion - here (Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation)
Yep I am aware of the above discussion thank you. Why I asked was because when I was stopped for sporting a 3 digit number on my bike ( ex : KA 0X V xxx which is as per the number in the RC book ) the cop was telling that cars are also being targeted. So just wanted to confirm before buying.
Old 25th February 2018, 00:01   #68
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why I asked was because when I was stopped for sporting a 3 digit number on my bike ( ex : KA 0X V xxx which is as per the number in the RC book ) the cop was telling that cars are also being targeted.
Just make sure you prefix a zero and make it a 4 digit number. This I think was always a requirement.
Old 25th February 2018, 08:13   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Just make sure you prefix a zero and make it a 4 digit number. This I think was always a requirement.
No since it was the same in my RC book, cop said it is ok. But I have get a FC done since it will complete 15 years soon. So at that point of time I might have to change it.
Old 7th March 2018, 14:28   #70
Team-BHP Support

While I have ordered from Movell quite a few times and even recommended them to my friends and colleagues, I've been having a negative experience with them last few times.

After placing the order, they just don't do anything. You need to call and run after them to ensure the plates are shipped. I had this issue last time and thought it was a one off glitch.

Then a colleague had the same issue and nobody was answering any of their numbers. After sending email and many calls later he got the plates shipped to him after more than 10 days.

Now I placed an order on Mar 1st. The status shows order confirmed. I called them today and they said will check and call back. Now that mobile number nobody picks up. After that I tried landline. Landline some guy who can barely speak broken hindi (no english) picks up and says there's no order for your number with us and 1st march all orders are ready.

Next time I am going to go with Orbiz. They are quite popular and hopefully have better service.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 17:43   #71
BHPian

Quote:
While I have ordered from Movell quite a few times and even recommended them to my friends and colleagues, I've been having a negative experience with them last few times.

After placing the order, they just don't do anything. You need to call and run after them to ensure the plates are shipped. I had this issue last time and thought it was a one off glitch.

Then a colleague had the same issue and nobody was answering any of their numbers. After sending email and many calls later he got the plates shipped to him after more than 10 days.

Now I placed an order on Mar 1st. The status shows order confirmed. I called them today and they said will check and call back. Now that mobile number nobody picks up. After that I tried landline. Landline some guy who can barely speak broken hindi (no english) picks up and says there's no order for your number with us and 1st march all orders are ready.

Next time I am going to go with Orbiz. They are quite popular and hopefully have better service.
This is quite not like my experience. After reading the recent reports here, I ordered bike number plate and holder on 23rd Feb and also messaged my bike reg number through WA to the number give in eBay.

I got a reply next day saying he was on leave previous day and he shipped the items that very day, which was delivered in next two days by DTDC.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 08:35   #72
BHPian

Quote:

Same issue here, ordered the plate a few days back, now no one picks up the call. Really frustrating. I do not see an option to cancel also. Not sure what to do, will keep waiting I guess.

Last edited by aneeshtn : 29th May 2018 at 08:36.
Old 21st July 2018, 14:44   #73
BHPian

Had a mixed experience ordering from Movell. I had previously ordered a set and was pleased with the plates, hence went with them again.

I couldn't remember my password to login to their site and the 'password recovery' wasn't working on their site! So I contacted them on the given WhatsApp number. I got very enthusiastic replies from them, even as late in the night as 10 pm. I was told I could order via WhatsApp, so I sent them the vehicle number and shipping address, followed by bank transfer to the account number they gave. I was promised delivery in 2 days once the payment was made. I had asked them to send me a picture of the plates before shipping, which they said they would.

However, after the payment went through, there was no further response on their WhatsApp number! Called them a million times - no answer at all! It was an uncomfortable period as I hadn't ordered via their website, but just via WhatsApp!

Finally, 8 days after the payment was made, someone picked up the landline number. I was told that the plates were made and shipped 3 days earlier, and gave me a tracking number. Lucky for me, the courier was delivered that same afternoon!

Plates were of good quality, and packaged properly and arrived without any damages! If you're alright with a lil bit of drama and uncertainty, go ahead and order with them! They're very reasonably priced - 849/- for two plates with frames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshtn View Post
Same issue here, ordered the plate a few days back, now no one picks up the call. Really frustrating. I do not see an option to cancel also. Not sure what to do, will keep waiting I guess.
Did your plates finally arrive?

Quote:
Ironically, look at what's inscribed on the plates I got from Movell!
Attached Thumbnails
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_20180721_143007__01.jpg  

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 21st July 2018 at 14:46.
Old 21st July 2018, 22:16   #74
Senior - BHPian

I recently bought plates for my Suzuki Access 125 from Orbiz, delivery was lightening fast. They delivered me plates with Typo (HM instead of MH). When i contacted them they were prompt to acknowledge the mistake and send the replacement quickly.
Their packaging is good and prompt.
Old 22nd July 2018, 09:38   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

How do you buy from orbiz? Ebay, website or somewhere else?

Most Viewed