Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2018, 10:06   #76
BHPian

re: IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
How do you buy from orbiz? Ebay, website or somewhere else?
Last wednesday I had ordered from their website and I got the item delivered on Saturday. Quality seems to be good, though I found them to be bit expensive (compared to local shops). As I was not finding time to visit the local shop, I had to rely on online option.
Btw, I also received one frame along with the number plates (may be as a freebie?).
Overall quite happy with their service.
kavensri is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 15:52   #77
BHPian

My car’s front number plate went missing on a waterlogged road. So I bought IND font plates from the movell last month for INR500 (550-50 PhonePe cashback). Placed the order on their website and got an auto-generated email confirmation of my successful order. Next day, I called them for the updates regarding my order and they asked me to send a picture of my existing number plate. The plates got made and shipped on the same day and delivered to me in Delhi after two days of shipment. Overall process from order to delivery took five days and I am satisfied with their service and quality of the plates.
Amit_Kapoor4750 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 15:55   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Ordered a set of number plates for my Civic with frames (German Fonts) from Movell. Lets see how soon they can deliver. Hope all goes well.

Will update.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 13:36   #79
BHPian

I used Movell a year back - quick shipping, well packed. I had ordered with the plate holders. Had a small accident and had to replace the number plate. Got it made locally. To my surprise, the quality of my local number plate chap is better!

1. Thicker plates

2. Better quality of printing - the Movell plate had a slight smudge of black lettering for some digits. The local print was relatively flawless.

3. The holder tabs were stronger

I'm going offline for my number plate purchases hereafter.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 14:07   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Ordered a set of number plates for my Civic with frames (German Fonts) from Movell. Lets see how soon they can deliver. Hope all goes well.

Will update.
4 days since I ordered. No update on shipping status. Called them up but nobody picked. Sent Whatsapp messages twice asking for update on shipping but no replies.

Edit:Just received a reply that they will be shipped today.

Last edited by saket77 : 12th November 2018 at 14:13.
Old 12th November 2018, 14:24   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
4 days since I ordered. No update on shipping status. Called them up but nobody picked. Sent Whatsapp messages twice asking for update on shipping but no replies.

Edit:Just received a reply that they will be shipped today.
With Movell, its really good and bad as of today or since past few months. That USP where they shipped on the same day as soon as you ordered is gone now. It is totally dependent on their...god knows what!

I had ordered 2 sets from them and it was shipped the same day and delivered on the next day. This was at least 2.5 years back. Recently another BHPian friend ordered a set from them and faced similar issues of messages not being replied or calls unanswered but eventually it was delivered too.

So not really a consistent service from Movell off late and I am hearing some better reviews from other players. I hope you receive them soon.

If something is available online, that make me sit at home and order than visiting the shop by driving around and finding a parking place, I would be glad to do so and wait for 2-3 days for the product to be delivered. But when the seller nearly absconds, it gets on my nerves.

Last edited by paragsachania : 12th November 2018 at 14:34.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 15:26   #82
Senior - BHPian

Just placed an order on their website.
But to my dismay, once the payment was done, the website page just froze
And to make matters worse, their first listed phone number on the "Contact Us" page is routed to a person who was at a loss of words to speak either Hindi or English.

The first number on this pic is what am referring to:-

Name:  Movell license.PNG
Views: 2646
Size:  44.2 KB

Somehow, after trying various "syllables" I managed to extract another phone number - 8086515199. Thankfully, the lady who picked up the call did communicate and acknowledge the order confirmation properly.

But after some time, I received a text from another number - 9037023494 with the order confirmation. This is the 3rd number in the contact list.

Not sure what's with the contact numbers, but this initial experience has left me wondering with the amount of tracking that I will need to do
Old 12th November 2018, 17:42   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Just placed an order on their website.
But to my dismay, once the payment was done, the website page just froze
I had the same experience. The page froze after making the payment. I straightaway checked the 'track your order' page where my order was listed. Indication that the payment was processed successfully.

But sure, they can do with better website and customer service. Keeping the customer informed about their order status is the basic thing that they want.

Last edited by saket77 : 12th November 2018 at 17:43.
Old 12th November 2018, 19:15   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I straightaway checked the 'track your order' page where my order was listed. Indication that the payment was processed successfully.
I was unlucky even in that regard, the section on tracking was non-responsive when I checked.
Old 12th November 2018, 20:20   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to hear this about Movell. I have ordered 4 times from them in the last few years all through eBay IN using the 8%/10% discount coupons and always got excellent service.
Old 13th November 2018, 12:49   #86
BHPian

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this on, but one of my friends got a new bike recently and wanted to know if it's compulsory to get IND number plates. Will it be an issue in Bangalore with / without them?
Old 13th November 2018, 12:59   #87
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this on, but one of my friends got a new bike recently and wanted to know if it's compulsory to get IND number plates. Will it be an issue in Bangalore with / without them?
In Karnataka, the HSRP implementation is yet to happen though there were at least couple of attempts earlier and ran into issues with the tendering process for selection of the vendors who would provide the plates. I think there is also a court verdict with a deadline in 2019 which is why some states have suddenly woken up and implemented it in the last month or so like Delhi and NCR region. Karnataka could take a few more months.

Given this, I'd suggest just buying normal metal embossed number plates (without IND & other logos/holograms) for now and get the "real" HSRP IND plates when it is implemented in Karnataka.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 12:21   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Not sure what's with the contact numbers, but this initial experience has left me wondering with the amount of tracking that I will need to do
Just to update, I got a text today that the plates have been shipped through First Flight courier and a tracking number was also provided

This is a pleasant surprise/turn of events given the initial not-so-good experience that I had 2 days ago.
Old 21st November 2018, 11:31   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Received the plates yesterday. Apart from a small smudge on particularly the 'W' letter, it is otherwise nice. The quality seems good; just hope that the black dye stays in longer run. A couple of locks on the frame were broken but still, it will hold good.

In my opinion based on my experience with Movell, they are providing the service at very competitive rates and backing it up with products of decent quality. I don't think that I would have gotten these plates with frames for Rs. 850/- here locally. A couple of years ago, I got number plates done for my other car and it cost me Rs. 1100 if I remember correctly (without frames). And they quoted Rs. 1200/- for HSRP style ones.

So, overall I am happy with Movell, but they can better in terms of turnaround time & by improving their website itself.

Thanks!
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 11:35   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Received the plates yesterday. Apart from a small smudge on particularly the 'W' letter, it is otherwise nice. The quality seems good; just hope that the black dye stays in longer run. A couple of locks on the frame were broken but still, it will hold good.

In my opinion based on my experience with Movell, they are providing the service at very competitive rates and with decent quality. I don't think that I would have gotten these plates with frames for Rs. 850/- here locally. A couple of years ago, I got number plates done for my other car and it cost me Rs. 1100 if I remember correctly (without frames). And they quoted Rs. 1200/- for HSRP style ones.

So, overall I am happy with Movell, but they can better in terms of turnaround time & by improving their website itself.

Thanks!
For the letters to remain black forever, clean the number plate with mild soap and water and spray a few coats of clear coat from a spray can. Leave 10 minutes gap between each spray and ensure that it dries under the sun. This will make the plates look new forever. Besides, it is easier to clean as well.

I have done this to 3 sets of plates and all of them look brand new even after 2 years of usage.

Credit for this tip goes to BHPian @sunnyboi who shared this with me.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 21st November 2018 at 11:36.
sagarpadaki is online now   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks