Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2016, 20:51   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.

Had got plates made by Movell last month for my SX4. The overall experience was very good in terms of both the product and the service offered. I wanted a clean set of plates without any IND or other markings and also was bored of the font used by the commonly available IND plates. Hence, I went with the german fonts and though it took some time to get used to the thick font and thick frames, I now like the way it looks on the car:

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-plate1.jpg

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-plate-2.jpg

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-plate3.jpg

Last edited by audioholic : 13th April 2016 at 20:58.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 21:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Had got plates made by Movell last month for my SX4. The overall experience was very good in terms of both the product and the service offered. I wanted a clean set of plates without any IND or other markings and also was bored of the font used by the commonly available IND plates. Hence, I went with the german fonts and though it took some time to get used to the thick font and thick frames, I now like the way it looks on the car:
The German font is illegal in India and violates the MV norms. The correct font is Times Roman. http://www.mumbai77.com/city/3996/tr...traffic-rules/

Also, the 0 does look like a G or a 6 from a distance. It might result in improper identification of the vehicle in case of an accident and hence suggest you change your plates to follow the correct standards.
Lalvaz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 00:51   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Had got plates made by Movell last month for my SX4. The overall experience was very good in terms of both the product and the service offered.
How are the plates holding up? Been about a year. Any troubles with cops?
The dealer-supplied number plate on my car just snapped into two pieces, and I'm thinking of going for movell. How much time do they take for shipping?
Old 30th April 2017, 10:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
The German font is illegal in India...Also, the 0 does look like a G or a 6 from a distance.
That's the prime reason the police have begun to issue petty challans in several parts of Kerala. My friend had been told that these plates are acceptable as long as the number has no 0 and 9 in it. Apparently the MVD/police are looking for letters that have an interrupted flow of black element in them as a rule of thumb. See image.

(Note: the image is taken from WWW - from IndiaMart, so apparently in open domain.)
Attached Thumbnails
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-germanfont500x500.jpg  

sandeepmdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 12:26   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
How are the plates holding up? Been about a year. Any troubles with cops?
The dealer-supplied number plate on my car just snapped into two pieces, and I'm thinking of going for movell. How much time do they take for shipping?
Both pairs on my cars are doing well. However I recently tried scrubbing them with a degreaser and some of the blacks started running out. However I realised this immediately and stopped brushing them. Hence not much damage happened. I am not sure if this is the case with all heat pressed plates or this one. I am planning to lacquer the plates to ensure more durability.

With respect to cops I have never been flagged down by anyone till date. Seeing the kind of number plates used in Bangalore, this is definitely better than the crowd and hence doesn't catch the attention of cops.

Last edited by audioholic : 30th April 2017 at 12:28.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 12:32   #36
BHPian

What's the advantage of having the plastic frame? Should I order one for my motorcycle?
Old 5th May 2017, 23:39   #37
BHPian

Had a good experience with movell license plates. Ordered on May 1st, and got the plates and frames today.
Their customer support is excellent! I called before ordering to enquire about availability and they responded promptly with everything related to the procedure. After ordering, got a call in about an hour asking for the registration number, and then constant contact through Whatsapp. They even explained how to fix it on the frame,etc.
I ordered plates with normal font without the IND logo. Here's the link if anyone wants to order the same : http://www.ebay.in/itm/132154818475?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Quality of the plates seems good, although the paint seems to have overrun the edges on a few letters, but that's minor. Frames are a bit hard to open at first.
Attached Thumbnails
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_20170505_165100_hdr.jpg  

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_20170505_164846_hdr.jpg  

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_20170505_161726_hdr.jpg  

Rohan24 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 05:25   #38
BHPian

Got them installed on the celerio last week. The packaging and the product was all perfect. There were few challenges with local courier delivery apart from that good experience. No cop trouble so far. Will get a pair for vento as well. Here's some pics IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-imageuploadedbyteambhp1496447697.465494.jpgIND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-imageuploadedbyteambhp1496447720.766929.jpg
no_boundaries is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 11:51   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
What's the advantage of having the plastic frame? Should I order one for my motorcycle?
Saw this post late. IMO, I see these main benefits of having a frame:
  • It gives a clean look to the number plate since you don't have to drill holes in the number plate. The frame holds the number plate and the frame is bolted to the car
  • Since the frame is thick and surrounds the plate the number plate is resistant to bends. The plate without the frame is very prone to bending.
  • Personally I like way the plate sits flush within the frame and it gives a premium look to the plate rather than just a metal plate.

@no_boundaries: The car looks awesome with the plate. It especially enhances the dull looking front bumper.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 15:56   #40
BHPian

Quote:
@no_boundaries: The car looks awesome with the plate. It especially enhances the dull looking front bumper.
Thanks for the inspiration mate and for the Lead. It totally transforms the front.
At the back IMO, the frame blocks some light throw on the plates. May be I'll switch to a LED set up. Not too worried as the plates are reflective and looks super cool at night.

Last edited by no_boundaries : 5th June 2017 at 15:57.
Old 5th June 2017, 16:29   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Saw this post late. IMO, I see these main benefits of having a frame:
[*]It gives a clean look to the number plate since you don't have to drill holes in the number plate. The frame holds the number plate and the frame is bolted to the car
Sorry for going OT - Though the number plate frame looks classy,it has its own disadvantages in a car where the plates are mounted on the boot. The entire frame rattles like hell. Even if we fix some sponge like material behind the frame, as time goes by the screws that hold the frame tend to become loose and there are high chances that the frames might break.

So, I just removed the frames in my Ritz and went back to Old-School method of drilling holes onto the plates

I don't have problems with the frames on my Baleno though!
Old 5th June 2017, 16:34   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Sorry for going OT - Though the number plate frame looks classy,it has its own disadvantages in a car where the plates are mounted on the boot. The entire frame rattles like hell.
It depends upon the way the frame is mounted. If proper care is taken while mounting, the frame wont rattle. In my SX4 which has the number plate on the bootlid, I just used a foam pad with adhesive to the area around the bolt hole. That eliminated the rattles caused when opening or closing the boot door.

If you screw the metal plate directly onto the body, it should be screwed very tightly to prevent rattles. I had the same issue earlier with dealer provided plates. And if you screw it tightly, the places where the metal contacts the body paint will get scraped of paint. Hence, plate or frame, as long as it is mounted well, there wont be any rattles.
Old 12th June 2017, 22:21   #43
BHPian

Ordered plates from Movell based on the recommendations here from BHPians. They offer excellent and quick service! I ordered the plates on Saturday, and they were delivered to me today, just slightly more than 48 hours later!

Quality of the plates and frames also looks good, depends on how long they hold up. But pricing is extremely VFM and I'm happy to order them again.
Attached Thumbnails
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_4384.jpg  

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_4385.jpg  

phoenixash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 23:20   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

I bought Movell German number plates with frames. Pricing was just 844 Rs and delivered in 3 days. Good packaging and plates / frames are of good quality
Attached Thumbnails
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_20170711_191046.jpg  

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_20170711_191313_hht.jpg  

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_20170711_191421.jpg  

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_20170711_194459.jpg  

Dr.Naren is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 14:17   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

I've also had a great experience with them. Highly recommended with courteous, VFM and quick service.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed