Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2019, 12:20   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.

I had ordered number plates on Movell website on 10th april. This is my 6th time ordering on Movell and every time I had recieved it within 3 days. But I've still not got any information about the current order. I've been trying to reach them since 15th April but their 3 numbers are either unanswered or not reachable. Any others with such experience?

Because of this experience, I ordered one more (different vehicle) on Orbiz. Even that I've not recieved after 15 days, but at least Orbiz is responding on Whatsapp saying that it will surely arrive today.
Old 22nd April 2019, 12:46   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
But I've still not got any information about the current order.
Last week, during election day, I got my friend order a set of plates along with frames from Orbiz. He placed the order before/around noon, never got any confirmation over SMS about the said order but he could notice that the status of the order was dispatched.

To his surprise, even on the said day where one could have least expected delivery on time, it was delivered late in the evening!
Old 23rd April 2019, 12:01   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had ordered number plates on Movell website on 10th april. This is my 6th time ordering on Movell and every time I had recieved it within 3 days. But I've still not got any information about the current order. I've been trying to reach them since 15th April but their 3 numbers are either unanswered or not reachable. Any others with such experience?

Because of this experience, I ordered one more (different vehicle) on Orbiz. Even that I've not recieved after 15 days, but at least Orbiz is responding on Whatsapp saying that it will surely arrive today.
Talk about co incidence! I posted here and when I reached home in the evening I was surprised to see that both the orderr from Movell and Orbiz were delivered!
In our apartment, we have a gate management system which sends me notifications of all such courier deliveries and I had not got anything for the Movell delivery. my wife told me that both were delivered by the same guy. I realised later that both orbiz and Movell have used the same courier company and the local delivery guy has delivered both orders together. Happy that Movell is still not shut shop. Their customer care numbers are not answered however.
On the box I saw that Movell has a different phone number than what are mentioned on their website. posting it here as it might help others (not tried calling though)
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-20190422_182853.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 12:14   #124
BHPian

I have recently ordered from both Movell and Orbiz.
Initially I placed order with Movell and there was no confirmation/progress. All the calls to their customer care went un answered
There was no progress for 10+ days then decided to try Orbiz. Orbiz guy delivered on the third day. I recommend this especially for Bangalore folks.
Old 23rd April 2019, 23:38   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I've been trying to reach them since 15th April but their 3 numbers are either unanswered or not reachable. Any others with such experience?
I tried to place an order via Movell web site but it didn't go through. So, I tried reaching them via Whtsapp, but no proper response. Now, I have decided to place an order via Orbiz.
Old 27th April 2019, 18:43   #126
BHPian

I got my 'Carbon-Gel Car Number Plate Combo' delivered from Orbiz today. Its a combination of Gel number plate and carbon fiber frame. The package arrived via DTDC exactly a week after I had placed the order.

Plates : 5/5
Quality of the gel plates is top notch

Frame : 3/5
Carbon fiber frames is just a hog wash, you are better of getting the regular plastic frames available at their site. for half the cost. The so called carbon fiber frames are just the regular plastic ones with a carbon fiber like sticker slapped on top of it. However the frame was undamaged and all the clips locked in place. They could think about adding rubber washers on the back of the frames for the kind of money they charge

Packing: 4/5
It was well packed in a box and the whole shipment came undamaged. I wonder if I would have got the same packing if I had ordered plates alone as the box belonged to the frames

Interaction : 3.5/5
While they were responsive over phone and whats-app I had a tough time getting the courier tracking number from them, ironically by the time I got it, the courier guy was at my door stop

Overall satisfied with the final product and its effect on my car, will definitely recommend these folks.

Last edited by SR-71 : 27th April 2019 at 18:54.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 10:56   #127
BHPian

I ordered a Speedex font number plates with frames from Movell on Friday(5/31) and received the plates in Bangalore on Monday(6/3). I was pleasantly surprised at the speed of delivery because I didn't have any expectations after looking at recent reviews on this thread about them. As mentioned by many, they didn't pick any calls or respond to the Whatsapp messages. I specifically requested for a call back in my order before they proceed but still no one called and the plates arrived directly.

I found the finishing of the plates to be just above average & packing was just fine. Surprisingly I am not able to fit the plates in my VW Vento using any of the holes provided in the frame (even though there are so many of them). I will have to get holes drilled in the frames which will match the slots holding the current number plates.

I might be able to use the existing holes in the frame for the rear number plate but the plate would be positioned too low if I do that.

Thanks,
Dheeraj

Last edited by DheerajNK : 4th June 2019 at 10:57.
DheerajNK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 08:02   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Orbiz - Quality issue with the number plate

Quality issue with the German Sticker Punching type number plate which I ordered from Orbiz. The numbers have started giving up with cracks along the border.

Warranty period is 6 months. But when I reported this issue, it was 5 days past the warranty period so they didn't agree to cover this in warranty.

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_20200119_111124638.jpg

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_20200119_111141319.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 21st January 2020 at 08:03.
arun_josie is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 19:48   #129
BHPian

Re: Orbiz - Quality issue with the number plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Quality issue with the German Sticker Punching type number plate which I ordered from Orbiz. The numbers have started giving up with cracks along the border.
I would suggest that you try the "original" Speedex plates.
I have had 2 sets on my car for the last 10 years without any problems.

Make sure that you buy from the "original" source which you can google and find a CIT Nagar, Chennai address.
Dilip Cherian is a very nice and helpful guy and will oblige with your requests.

PS: I am not representing or have any interest in Speedex.

It is surprising to see that Orbiz and many others claim "speedex" font as one of their choices.
Habanero City is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 22:29   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Orbiz - Quality issue with the number plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
I would suggest that you try the "original" Speedex plates.

It is surprising to see that Orbiz and many others claim "speedex" font as one of their choices.
Where do you get these "original" Speedex plates ? Speedex font plates are what keep popping up on searching.
Old 21st January 2020, 23:35   #131
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Where do you get these "original" Speedex plates ? Speedex font plates are what keep popping up on searching.
You can reach them on their FB page.

I had bought the Speedex font style plates for my Creta the moment I had got my permanent registration number. Been 2 years and quality is excellent.

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_20171125_2339151600x900.jpg

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_20171127_064910_011600x1055.jpg

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_20171127_2043331600x900.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Make sure that you buy from the "original" source which you can google and find a CIT Nagar, Chennai address.

Dilip Cherian is a very nice and helpful guy and will oblige with your requests.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 23:37   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
You can reach them on their FB page.
Thanks, Anurag. I actually did check their FB page, but the last post looked to be from 2017. Hence asked here. Will ping them on FB.
Old 24th August 2020, 19:35   #133
BHPian

Ordered my new plates from Speedex Chennai,

1. The plates were packed very well, bolstered with Hard Card Board, 3 of them.

2. I cannot comment on the quality, as this is the first time I have purchased any such type of plate.

3. I also ordered, CliqFix frames along with the number plate.

4. Ordering was easy, he accepts GPAY and Account transfer. Prompt in his reply.

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_20200824_104800.jpg

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_20200824_104942.jpg

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-img_20200824_191913.jpg
motorpsycho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 21:53   #134
Senior - BHPian

Have to order another set of Movell plates for my car since the colours are faded in just over a year (Pulls down the shiny looks of my car). One definitely needs clear coat on these. The steel frame is not sturdy as well, is bent in several places. Maybe, I'll try another online supplier
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 22:07   #135
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Maybe, I'll try another online supplier
Try the plates from SpeedEx. I've been using them from 3 years almost any no fading or any kind of issues with the plate.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed