Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2018, 07:59   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.

Thanks for the tip. Do you get clear coat in a can, in India? Please share a pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
For the letters to remain black forever, clean the number plate with mild soap and water and spray a few coats of clear coat from a spray can
Old 22nd November 2018, 09:24   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Thanks for the tip. Do you get clear coat in a can, in India? Please share a pic.
You get it in all major hardware shops that stock automotive paint.

Bosny is a famous brand and is available on Amazon. Type is Clear lacquer glossy

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 22nd November 2018 at 09:25.
sagarpadaki is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 11:17   #93
BHPian

I had a great experience with Orbiz Automotivez that I'd like to share.

Contacted them via their Facebook page as the exact number plate style I wanted wasn't available on their website. They immediately asked for my WhatsApp number and sent me a message with their brochure that contained all details and prices. Once I had confirmed my choice, they sent their NEFT details, I made the transfer and sent them my registration number and address. They confirmed receipt and as I am in Pune said they would be shipping from the Bangalore workshop and that I would receive it in 3 days. However I was extremely surprised when I received it the next day itself - from payment till delivery was about 28 hours!

The package was packed extremely well in a cardboard box with their own branding et al. Plates are of excellent quality and the frames are pretty decent too. Total cost was Rs.1350 (1000 for car size German font number plates with no background logo or country sticker, and 350 for the frames).

Highly recommended service and would deal with them 100% again if I had to. They even sent a video after delivery explaining how to install the plates, but that is quite self explanatory anyway! Their WhatsApp number is: 9995848855.

Give them a go!

EDIT: MODS - As this thread is dedicated to Movell, I wonder if we should have a dedicated thread to Orbiz or rename this thread to cover several suppliers? No affiliation to anyone, just a happy customer.

Last edited by s4ch : 24th November 2018 at 11:19. Reason: Note for mods
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 11:25   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

I am highly doubtful of the dye used. A drop of adhesive on the side border removed the dye! I am not sure how long its going to hold, unless of course we give it a clear coat treatment.
Old 24th November 2018, 11:38   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I am highly doubtful of the dye used. A drop of adhesive on the side border removed the dye! I am not sure how long its going to hold, unless of course we give it a clear coat treatment.
Why was the adhesive required??
Old 24th November 2018, 12:56   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Why was the adhesive required??
Refer to my previous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
A couple of locks on the frame were broken but still, it will hold good.

A drop in the frame edge to secure the broken lock properly.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 13:02   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
For the letters to remain black forever, clean the number plate with mild soap and water and spray a few coats of clear coat from a spray can. Leave 10 minutes gap between each spray and ensure that it dries under the sun. This will make the plates look new forever. Besides, it is easier to clean as well.

I have done this to 3 sets of plates and all of them look brand new even after 2 years of usage.

Credit for this tip goes to BHPian @sunnyboi who shared this with me.
Thanks for this tip, where to source the clear coat. Is this the same clear coat which is under the car body paint also?
Old 25th November 2018, 11:25   #98
BANNED

Is there any advantage in using frames other than aesthetics?
Old 25th November 2018, 21:29   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Yes, they are make it much easier to install the plates as the frames can basically fit on any existing holes in your bumper, and then the plates slide in with no drilling required on the plates themselves.
s4ch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 16:00   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
If you have a Vento, getting frames additionally makes more sense since the number plate area (both front & back) has a cut-out of specific size.
If you just buy the plates (like I did), then there is additional hassle of aligning the plate dimension to the cut-out area.
So, you can get the frames from here or if in doubt, please source it from a local dealer.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 17:24   #101
BHPian

I received my plates from Movell a couple of weeks back. After ordering the product it took 4-5 days to receive the plates.

The item was well packaged and overall I'm happy with the product for the price. I will happily recommend Movell.

Outer package -
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-package.jpg

Inner package -
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-package2.jpg

The plates along with the frame -
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-numberplates.jpg
Paradiddle is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 14:19   #102
BHPian

After reading some nice reviews for Movell, I placed an order for car number plate + the bracket on Feb 26 but I did not get any email or SMS confirmation of the order till 2-3 days (for that matter, even till date). When I went through their website on March 1 to contact them, I noted a disclaimer stating customer needs to contact them in case the customer does not get any SMS/email confirmation for their order and not assume the order was placed.

I tried calling all their numbers and managed to connect with one of the numbers who updated me that the order was successful and shipped via first flight courier on March 1 and shared the consignment copy over Whatsapp. I checked every day but the tracking status was not updated beyond March 1 i.e. the consignment booked from Thrissur.
Since past 2-3 days, I tried contacting first flight as well as Movell over phone, email over same Whatsapp no. to help on the order status in any way they can but no response as I write this.

Unfortunately, Movell’s official website is hacked as of yesterday, so I’m expecting Movell guys will be tied up fixing their site.

Maybe an isolated case of slight delay with me but wanted to keep the members updated. Will update further when I receive the delivery
camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 16:22   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
After reading some nice reviews for Movell, I placed an order for car number plate + the bracket on Feb 26 but I did not get any email or SMS confirmation of the order till 2-3 days (for that matter, even till date).
Well their service has degraded seriously in the last one year.

I had purchased my first set of plates from them in January 2017, immediately after the payment got through, I got a call from a lady confirming the type of plate that I had ordered and my vehicle number. The plates were delivered on the 8th day of placing the order.

I ordered my second set from them in july 2018. After placing the order I was expecting a call, like the last time. But that didn't happen. So after waiting for 5 days I called up the number stored on my phone and was told the plates still haven't been made and I will be updated when its ready and shipped. Finally after 25 days of placing the order they provided me with a tracking no. of first flight courier. Do note after my first call to them, they stopped answering my calls and only used to reply via Whatsapp or SMS.

The tracking no. provided was wrong and after the dispatch they had completely stopped replying to SMSes too. But after 45 days of placing the order I received my plates.

So when I had to order again in december this time I bought fromhttps://orbiz.in/
They have a large variety of plates and they customize it to your liking.
Do try them out.

P.S. I am in no way related to orbiz.in, just a satisfied customer who has purchased more than 3 types of plates from them.

Last edited by OverKill : 7th March 2019 at 16:45.
OverKill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 15:11   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post
Well their service has degraded seriously in the last one year.

Do try them out.

P.S. I am in no way related to orbiz.in, just a satisfied customer who has purchased more than 3 types of plates from them.
My car doesn't have a number plate for now as I got it exactly a month back and I was running it on CRTM which was valid till March 5 only. I have decided to get number plate today from local shops as there is absolutely zero response from Movell and courier guys and I don't intend to wait in hope of getting it anytime soon, neither do I want to risk driving on expired CRTM inspite of having registered number of the car now.

Will try Orbiz next time for sure, no Movell for me anytime soon, especially after knowing your experience. Thanks
camitesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 15:39   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
My car doesn't have a number plate for now as I got it exactly a month back and I was running it on CRTM which was valid till March 5 only.
Will try Orbiz next time for sure, no Movell for me anytime soon, especially after knowing your experience. Thanks
Definitely not worth the risk.

I would suggest you get a simple and cheap acrylic type of a plate for the time being and with regards to Movell I hope your plates arrive sooner than later.
But looking at the state of their website, I doubt they would be able to recover to their full glory.

OT. Of lately I have been seeing these gel plates on a lot of cars.
Link - https://orbiz.in/product-category/ge...-plate-design/
They do look good but I am not sure about spending 3.5k for a set of number plates.
These pics I picked them up from their Facebook Page.
Just for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-fb_img_1552039384450.jpg  

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-fb_img_1552039388808.jpg  

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-fb_img_1552039419986.jpg  

OverKill is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks