Team-BHP - Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Other Cities (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/)
-   -   Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/179321-professional-car-detailing-3m-car-care-vaishali-nagar-jaipur.html)

Address: 10, Shivraj Niketan,
Gautam Marg, Vaishali Nagar,
Opp. SBBJ Bank, Jaipur.

Contact Number: +91 9829400200 , 9829400300

Email: 3mcarcare.vn.jaipur@gmail.com

Contact Person: Mr. Sardana (Sorry, don't recall the first name)

Services availed: Interior detailing, Headlight restoration

Experience: Excellent

Like most of us here, I love my car and try to keep it in the best of shape. But, interior and exterior detailing was something for which I had literally no option until a few years ago. Somewhere in 2014, 3M outlet opened (finally!) in my hometown. But, I was out for my studies. It is now that I finally found time to treat the car.

I decided to pay a visit to the centre for interior detailing a few days ago. I called up the number listed on the website and spoke to a very polite Mr. Sardana. He informed me that there were two interior detailing packages. I chose the Interior Premium package. Upon visiting the centre, I requested him to sweeten the deal a bit and he made the Germ Kleen (more expensive) package very attractive for me and hence I ended up going for that.

Since the past few months, I was very concerned about the yellowness of the headlamp glass (11.5 years of open parking taking its toll!). Got to know that they have a headlight restoration package too. Mr. Sardana offered to do the headlamp with more damage as a demo and if I liked it, I could get the other one done. If I didn't, the demo was free. Sounded like a sweet deal and got that done too. The results were just brilliant and I was very satisfied.

What I like:
- Honest, clear information given at the beginning (Prices inclusive of all taxes, steps in each service, what is needed and what's not)
- No overcommitment to lure customer in
- Adhering to proper timelines
- Courteous staff
- Personal attention of franchisee owners (This matters the most to me)

What I don't like:
- The outlet is a little far from the city centre (But in a good area)
- You don't get a chance to complain and get things done :D

Overall, a highly recommended outlet.

The costs:
1) Interior Germ Kleen package - Rs. 3050 (before discount)
2) Headlight restoration - Rs. 1600 for the pair (before discount)

Enough of me talking, time for some pictures. Apologies in advance for the average pictures (Forgot clicking proper shots to be honest).

Before the interior cleaning
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-1.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-2.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-3.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-4.jpg

Cleaning in process with anti microbacterial foam
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-6.jpg

The result
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-7.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-8.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-9.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-10.jpg

Headlights before the treatment
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-11.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-12.jpg

Sanding
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-13.jpg

Grinding
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-14.jpg

Rubbing
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-15.jpg

Polishing
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-16.jpg

The difference between restored and unrestored one is huge!
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-17.jpg

The final result
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-18.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-19.jpg

End of the day, I left the place highly impressed and satisfied. I may soon visit them for exterior detailing too. Will update the thread if that happens.

Cheers :)
Aman

Quote:

Originally Posted by amansanc (Post 4041873)
The difference between restored and unrestored one is huge!

Huge indeed clap:! Thanks for sharing. I had no idea that 3M offers this service. The eyes are very important to a car's aesthetics (as with humans too :)), and it's worth every penny. How much did they charge for this after discounts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4042287)
Huge indeed clap:! Thanks for sharing. I had no idea that 3M offers this service. The eyes are very important to a car's aesthetics (as with humans too :)), and it's worth every penny. How much did they charge for this after discounts?

Well, until I walked into the store, even I didn't know that 3M offered this. Saw a small pamphlete in the seating area and enquired further. I got a 10% discount so ended up paying ₹1440 for this. Peanuts considering a new set of headlamps at the service centre cost a bomb (₹44,000 in Corolla's case!)

^^ It pays to have the original eyes restored like this.
Approx 720 each is peanuts.

The headlamp assembly for the old Corolla is now in the 2.5k range for DEPO aftermarket and approx 6k for the Koito OE ; for one unit.

The Altis' headlamp assembly still retails for upwards of 16k apiece for the OE lamps.

After final polishing there should be a protective clear coat that prevents them from clouding up again. 3M has a diy headlamp restoration kit that includes it. Available online

Approximately after how many years is this headlight treatment recommended? It looks very interesting. My car's headlights are not as murky/yellowish as the OP's corolla but then I am sure due to seeing it daily, we have got used to it and not able to really appreciate the damage that it might have accumulated over last 4 years of ownership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 4049271)
Approximately after how many years is this headlight treatment recommended? It looks very interesting. My car's headlights are not as murky/yellowish as the OP's corolla but then I am sure due to seeing it daily, we have got used to it and not able to really appreciate the damage that it might have accumulated over last 4 years of ownership.

There's no set time to get this done really. It all depends on where the car is parked and how exposed are headlights to sun. In my case, the headlights have been facing the sun for a good part of the car's age (11.5 years) and hence be yellowishness. The restoration should be done when you find the headlamps looking dull.

Another update: Due to the yellowing of the headlamp, the intensity if light had reduced. I felt that a bulb upgrade might be needed. Infact, I had planned to upgrde bulbs after restoration. But after using the car on a few night drives, I can say that there's no need to upgrade the bulbs. The redtoration has helped get the light intensity back to its prime.

Just wanted to post an update regarding my EXCELLENT experience at 3M car care Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur.

Date of Visit - 2019.01.13
Services Availed - Interior and Exterior Cleaning, Exterior detailing (polishing and waxing).

After a not insignificant bashing of dunes beyond Jaisalmer, I stopped over an extra day at Jaipur on my way back in order to:
1. Remove the hugely damaging sand from my Endeavour as quickly as possible.
2. Get the kgs of sand out of its interior (I don't mind using the vehicle how it's meant to be - and with open windows; especially since we were looking out for animals in the DNP).

Having looked over the excellent experience posted in this thread, I called up Mr. Hemant Sardana and booked an appointment.

I don't take pictures since I was in a hurry, but I'll post the single picture I did take:
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur)-img_20190113_182237.jpg

As to the work done, well it was excellent. The interior was thoroughly cleaned and the lovely smelling 3M dashboard dresser was applied. Post cleaning, the exterior was polished (with a clear coat safe polish) and it did a great job on the swirl marks the car had incurred on delivery day. This was followed by a wax. It was a professional operation overall - place opened bang on time and operations started without delay. Felt very safe keeping my stuff there.

Now let me get to why this was not only one of the most professional experiences I've had, but also one that was highly beneficial (long term) and generally pleasing, and has left me as a promoter and certain repeat customer:
1. This place is run by Mr. Hemant Sardana and his dad. Both are increasingly friendly, knowledgeable and forthcoming gents with a passion for detailing, and patience for irritating amateur detailers like myself.
2. No upselling whatsoever - judicious downselling in fact.
3. On both sides of the day, I had the privilege of benefitting from Mr. Sardana's experience and learnt not just about best practices in general, but how I should go about my own, single-handed, amateur detailing for best results and longevity - what products are idiot-safe, questions about rubbing v/s polishing v/s re-spraying, best ways to apply products depending on varying conditions/tool availability etc - the full hog! I learnt of the advantages of PPF (along with a practical demonstration), and the use cases where it is or isn't indicated - same for most other treatments etc.
4. He was kind enough to point out places we could check out in Jaipur while the car was being done.
5. Since they were out of Meguiar's leather conditioner, he very kindly applied Volvo's proprietary leather care compound which had been gifted to him by Volvo - FOC.
6. He was very realistic and open about all treatments and products and what they could accomplish - both in general, and for what was to be done to my car that day. For example, when we discussed this thread, the first thing he said was "I'm happy that the results were so good, but I make sure headlight treatment is warranted before recommending it. Many people want to have it done in relatively newer cars once they hear about the results from others, but it only does its job when it is actually required" (paraphrased obviously).
7. Met another customer there who works in the auto industry (Hero) who really knew his stuff. Was a pleasure interacting with him. The point germane to this post being that he said he recommended this place to everyone too, and that despite the fact that he is mostly in Gurgaon (a place where there are many competent detailers), he makes it a point to get all his work done here.
8. Professional to the end, as I put down my window to say my goodbye, Mr. Sardana asked me to wait after and had the window cleaned again (since it got misted going down and coming back up with the water that goes in the window crevice while washing). :D

Highly recommended to one and all passing through Jaipur - certainly no better place if you've just put your vehicle through the sands of the Thar.

Cheers!