Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2016, 15:13   #1
Team-BHP Support

Tyre Dealer - Ashoka Wheels (Hyderabad)

Products sold:
  • All types of Car and SUV tyres including the top-end luxury cars. All branded stuff with warranty.
  • Lots and Lots of tyres available off the shelf.

Services offered:
  • Car Tyres, Wheel Alignment, Balancing with latest state of the art equipment

What I like:
  • Polite and Courteous front desk.
  • Good advisory to suit our needs, no 'over-selling'
  • Very good pit crew

What I don't like:
  • Nothing that I can think of now.

Pricing: Very Competitive. I crosschecked with the online prices and they matched it very closely despite taking an extra 2% for credit cards.

Speciality / USP: Lovely showroom. It looks and feel very premium.

What I have bought from him: Michelin XM2

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Mr. Ritesh
- Phone numbers: 9000950009
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Road no : 14, BanjaraHills, Hyderabad - 500034 (opposite : BN Reddy colony)
- Exact Location: https://goo.gl/maps/S8cduGDHwj82
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 15:46   #2
BANNED

Re: Tyre Dealer - Ashoka Wheels (Hyderabad)

I have been a client of Ashoka Wheels since 2006. Ritesh is a nice chap and has got a lot of patience to listen to his clients requirement. I have got alloys for my Indigo and later for my Manza from him. Have referred him to some of my friends too and all came out satisfied with his services. Ashoka wheels does have a wide range of alloys in store.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd October 2016 at 12:19. Reason: Language
RAPTOR-XUV is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 30th September 2016, 16:57   #3
BANNED

I have been visiting these guys but at the other branch of their located at Ministers Road opposite K.I.M.S.

Tyre Dealer - Ashoka Wheels (Hyderabad)-4.-ashoka-wheels.jpg

Exact Location: https://goo.gl/maps/FrnC5ScLgQF2

Address:

Ashoka Wheels
1-8-30/5/P-4/P-5/P-6,
Minister Road, Opposite KIMS Hospital,
Ramgopalpet, Secunderabad,
Telangana 500003

I have bought 5 Michelin XM2+ (195/60 R15) from these guys with each ture costing ₹5600.

These guys charge ₹800 for Wheel Alignment, Balancing and Rotation and I feel it is on the higher side compared to elsewhere. For example the MRF T&S Centre that I visit regularly (Every 5,000 kms) charges me ₹450 for Wheel Alignment, Balancing and Rotation. Not sure if MRF is doing something inferior or Ashoka Wheels are charging a premium!
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 17:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is old news, known to most people on this forum from Hyderabad. I first heard about them in 2008 from mobike008 and later from Ravvennddra. I've bought tyres from them 3 times so far: XM2s for my Figo and then the Fiesta. Recently Yoko Earth1s for the Figo. A couple of my pals have also been his customers.

I'll go to them again when my WagonR's tyres need a change. Ritesh is polite, friendly and very knowledgeable. He also has the latest collection of tyres compared to other dealers.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 18:47   #5
Team-BHP Support

Ritesh was the guy I was supposed to meet at the Banjara Hills outlet. He was not there but I met a very sweet fellow who helped me out. Unfortunately I am unable to remember his name.

This place might be a little expensive compared to other brick and mortar stores. The prices however match online prices.

The over all experience and the way your car is treated is top class and makes it worth it.

Last edited by bblost : 30th September 2016 at 18:48.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 19:08   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Ritesh was the guy I was supposed to meet at the Banjara Hills outlet. He was not there but I met a very sweet fellow who helped me out.
Ritesh in Banjara Hills branch? No way, never, not possible. He sits at Minister Road store. Banjara Hills branch is run by other family members. Get the tyre alignment done by Ahmed there and see the difference. I visit the branch 6 times a year for wheel balancing and wheel alignments of my cars. They are experts on mushroom puncture, amazingly skilled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have been visiting these guys but at the other branch of their located at Ministers Road opposite K.I.M.S.
Address:
Ashoka Wheels
1-8-30/5/P-4/P-5/P-6,
Minister Road, Opposite KIMS Hospital,
Ramgopalpet, Secunderabad,
Telangana 500003
I would not call the Minister Road outlet as a branch but as H.O. And they have 2 different outlets a few feet apart to handle the heavy rush.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 19:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

Actually, the main and oldest shop is on Ranigunj main Road, same line as National Laundry. I first bought tyres from there before they opened Mnister Rd. That shop is now handled by the older generation. Minister road branch is now the important one as they have space there. I think Ritesh is the oldest of his generation of cousins so he oversees all shops. However, he 'sits' only in Minister Rd. If you want any help with Ashoka Wheels, gimme a call. I've bought over 10 sets of tyres in a relationship going back over two decades.

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 30th September 2016 at 19:53.
Ravveendrra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 22:13   #8
BHPian

Well, well....I knew there would be a thread on T-Bhp for Ashoka wheels!

I am looking for tyres for my Polo and a friend suggested this place. I have never bought tyres from here, but the glowing reviews here gives me lot of confidence.

They are charging Rs 800 extra for wheel alignment and balancing. On asking why this is extra, the guy said that they do "3D wheel alignment". I am a total noob here. Is "3D wheel alignment" different from the wheel alignment done elsewhere. Is spending Rs 800 for this worth it?
Old 12th November 2017, 06:34   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
For example the MRF T&S Centre that I visit regularly (Every 5,000 kms) charges me ₹450 for Wheel Alignment, Balancing and Rotation. Not sure if MRF is doing something inferior or Ashoka Wheels are charging a premium!
Where is this MRF T&S Centre you are talking about located?
Old 24th October 2019, 02:14   #10
BHPian

I wouldn't recommend the other branches of Ashoka wheels. Ritesh is available mostly at the Minister road branch and is a very polite guy who understands the customer's needs and doesn't forcefully push his choice.
The other branches are run by his family members and they are not very knowledgeable, IMHO.
Before visiting the minister road branch, I visited their rehtibowli branch which is run by Ritesh's father. He was forcing me to buy 1.5yr old tyres and even mounted the tyres without showing me the actual mfg date.

Finally, I got 2019 tyres(Michelin XM2 185/65 R14) at Minister road Ashoka wheels.

Rehtibowli branch - 0/5
Minister Road branch- 4/5
interc00led is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 22:14   #11
BHPian

Hi, any suggestions for good shop to replace a tire? I stay in Gachibowli but can travel a bit if needed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks