Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2017, 20:47   #1
BHPian

Tyres, alignment & balancing - East India Tyre Company (Kolkata)

Work handled:
They are an authorized dealer of JK Tyre steel wheels but they deal with most other brand tyres too. They also have another branch at Bhawanipore. The following tyre services are offered:
  • Complete range of tyres
  • Tyre inspection
  • 3D wheel alignment
  • Computerized wheel balancing
  • Tyre rotation
  • Automatic tyre changing
  • Nitrogen inflator
  • Digital air inflator

What I like:
  • Prompt work without unnecessary delay. The workers are in uniforms and very efficient.
  • Easily accessible location.
  • Neat and tidy.

What I don't like:

Nothing to dislike really.

Pricing:

Reasonable.

What I have used their services for:

Recently I noticed that my car was wobbling a lot from side to side. So I decided to get the wheel alignment and balancing done. I came to know about this new tyre store in town via a leaflet campaign by the store a month ago.

Today morning I drove to their store and I was pleased to see it located right on the Rashbehari Connector - will be on your left hand if you are driving towards Gariahat.

Although it has been conclusively proved that nitrogen has little practical use in everyday cars, I still went for this fad assuming that the digital gauge used by the store is more accurate. Each tyre was made fully empty and then filled with pure nitrogen. Next the wheels were balanced. A total weight of 180 gm was added to balance them. Finally the wheel alignment was done.

The entire operation took less than one hour. During this time other cars were serviced too. Clearly they have a good number of hands.

Break up of bill:
  1. Nitrogen filling @ ₹50 / tyre = ₹250
  2. Wheel balancing @ ₹50 / tyre = ₹250
  3. Weights @ ₹1.50 / gm = ₹270
  4. Wheel alignment ₹250

The total bill read ₹1020. The ₹20 was waived off. It was a card payment.

Post-procedure, the wobbling is gone. Also the jerks felt on the ill designed gaps of some flyovers feel more even now.

Contact Information

- Name of the contact store: East India Tyre Co.
- Phone numbers: 93310 12618 / 033 4071 8098
- Postal Address: 63/C, R. K. Chatterjee Road, Bakultala, Kolkata - 700042
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Near Dolna Day School / Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Email: eastindiatyreco@gmail.com
- GPS coordinates: 22.5187528, 88.3788581
- Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/oLbFXQ7XqtA2

Photographs coming soon.

Last edited by wishnipon : 15th September 2017 at 20:59.
wishnipon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 23:56   #2
BHPian

Re: Tyres, alignment & balancing - East India Tyre Company (Kolkata)

This place is quite near to my home and I have been going there from 2009. I stay near to this place.

The prices that they quote are not always the best. Pricing anomalies are present and therefore you need to be very sure of the price difference you are paying.

Having said that, Bhupinder Singh, the owner is courteous and friendly.
amohan78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 01:06   #3
BHPian

Do they do TPMS installs? I generally use Auto Mechanika near Mukundapur on the EM Bypass but they have not done TPMS fittings before, so am a bit wary.
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 22:35   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Do they do TPMS installs? I generally use Auto Mechanika near Mukundapur on the EM Bypass but they have not done TPMS fittings before, so am a bit wary.
I have been to Auto Mechanika but have not been very happy with their services. The prices are on the higher side, the craftmanship is not very good.

And what is TPMS ? All I can say, if Automechanika does it, East India will also do it.
Old 9th January 2019, 23:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohan78 View Post
I have been to Auto Mechanika but have not been very happy with their services. The prices are on the higher side, the craftmanship is not very good.

And what is TPMS ? All I can say, if Automechanika does it, East India will also do it.
I meant Tyre Pressure Monitoring System. Had purchased one off Aliexpress and needed to get it installed. It's the internal valve type rather than the external nuts type, so need to get the tyres deflated and and change the stock valves with the TPMS valves. Auto Mechanika hasn't done this type of work before so I was checking if East India can do it or not. I'll probably give them a call and check.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th January 2019 at 00:54. Reason: Small Typo Corrected. Thanks
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 00:23   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
I meant Tyre Pressure Monitoring System. Had purchased one off Aliexpress and needed to get it installed. It's the internal valve type rather than the external nuts type, so need to get the tyres deflated and and change the stock valves with the TPMS valves. Auto Mechanika hasn't done this type of work before so I was checking if East India can do it or not. I'll probably give them a call and check.
Meet Bhupinder Singh at East India. He will eagerly do this for you. In that respect, he is a very formidable gentleman.

But he will insist on doing the wheel balancing again and he will reason that fitting these internal sensors will have its weight that will require the balancing load to be re-calibrated . knowing very well that it is all gibberish, you have to tolerate him. and actually get wheel balancing done.

So approach him this way. That you have come for wheel alignment and wheel balancing , but before doing that, you need these gadgets fitted onto the tyres. And notice his reaction. Mr. Bhupinder Singh as far as I know him or my association goes will accept the offer.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th January 2019 at 00:55. Reason: Qouted post edited. Thanks
amohan78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 04:28   #7
Team-BHP Support

I know Mr. Bhupinder quite well and a lot of my friends have bought tyres and alloys from him. I bought the alloys for my Thar from his shop and he gave me the best deal in Kolkata. Now those alloys are on my Bolero though!

Tyres, alignment & balancing - East India Tyre Company (Kolkata)-fb_img_1491117785648.jpg

Tyres, alignment & balancing - East India Tyre Company (Kolkata)-fb_img_1469395654978.jpg
BlackPearl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 13:38   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I know Mr. Bhupinder quite well and a lot of my friends have bought tyres and alloys from him. I bought the alloys for my Thar from his shop and he gave me the best deal in Kolkata. Now those alloys are on my Bolero though!
Hi,

Are these Alloy wheels of Tiara ? Mr. Bhupinder Singh sells Alloy wheels of Tiara only. Do they still stick to Tiara only ?

How have been the quality of Tiara according to you ? Paint quality and the coating are still intact ?
Old 12th January 2019, 18:08   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohan78 View Post
Hi,

Are these Alloy wheels of Tiara ? Mr. Bhupinder Singh sells Alloy wheels of Tiara only. Do they still stick to Tiara only ?

How have been the quality of Tiara according to you ? Paint quality and the coating are still intact ?
No, these are HRS alloys. No idea about Tiara, heard it for the first time
Old 13th January 2019, 07:15   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
No idea about Tiara, heard it for the first time
If I may reply, Tiara is a brand promoted by Bridgestone. The alloys are manufactured by Neowheels.

Here's the link: http://tyredynamics.com/alloywheel-tiara.htm

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 20:07   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
If I may reply, Tiara is a brand promoted by Bridgestone. The alloys are manufactured by Neowheels.

Here's the link: http://tyredynamics.com/alloywheel-tiara.htm

Regards,
Shashi
This is good information. If Neo is manufacturing Tiara, it makes more sense to buy Neo.

Most Viewed