Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 6 50.00%
Recommended 5 41.67%
Not Recommended 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2018, 19:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Self Drive Car & Bike Rental - Zain Travels (Goa)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Here are the rates that was quoted to me for Swift or WagonR:

24th to 27th Dec - Rs.2,000 per day
28th Dec - Rs.2,500 per day
29th and 30th Dec - Rs.3,000 per day

Used them at the peak of the season, between Christmas and just before New-year for four days. I was there for more days but since the prices were 'sky-high' returned it earlier.
I would rate them four-stars out of five. One star less because:

'sky-high' prices, but this can be accepted because this is the peak of the peak season in Goa.
I had contacted them two months earlier itself and requested for a yellow-on-black number-plate. But I got only a black on white.
I was promised a Swift but just a few days before was told that I would be getting a WagonR instead.
When I took delivery, petrol was at 4 bars but when I dropped the car they told me it was at 5 bars. Anyway it was their own photo which came to my rescue (the amount involved is minor, it was the attitude).
There was a dent in the rear which they were discussing, maybe to charge me, but again their own photo showed the dent was there when I took delivery.
I felt that they were trying their darnedest to charge me extra for something, out of the Rs.5,000 I paid as deposit! They took some time going over the car, looking underneath, etc, but finally returned the full deposit.

The good:
Shameena was very friendly and professional throughout.
(I had mentioned that I was a team-bhp member for 9+ years).
The car was well maintained and a joy to drive.
The radio and charger-port worked well.

Shameena and her staff Imran were there when I took delivery.
When dropping the car, found out that the young and friendly guy was called Zain and was Shameena's son.

I will certainly use their services the next time I go to Goa!
And recommend to friends and family to use them.
Attached Thumbnails
Self Drive Car & Bike Rental - Zain Travels (Goa)-1.jpg  

Self Drive Car & Bike Rental - Zain Travels (Goa)-dsc_6108.jpg  

Last edited by manim : 2nd January 2018 at 19:08.
manim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 12:39   #17
BHPian

Referred Zain Travels to my cousin who used it for four days in January.
Rs.1,400 per day for the WagonR.

His pick-up time was around 8 pm.
His drop time was around 4 am in the morning.
Everything was arranged well and he was very satisfied with their service.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 09:00   #18
BHPian

Here are the details of my dealing with Zain Travels -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post4120899

One thing is for sure, that White number plate car is definitely to be avoided.

Based on my dealing and having read other reviews about Zain, I would summarize it as - all is nice and good in general. But as soon as things start going even a little South, their attitude drastically changes.

Last edited by ank.nsit : 1st February 2018 at 09:09.
Old 14th February 2021, 18:36   #19
BHPian

Used their services for 5 days. Got Wagon R for INR 1000/day and 3000 refundable deposit. Car was driven over a lakh km but mechanically sound with excellent A/c. All terms and conditions were quite transparent and sent on whattsapp. Got a black number plate with yellow font. These are authorised self drive vehicles.

Was picked up from airport free of charge and driven to their office which is 10 mins drive. Their staff took around 24 pictures of car and sent them on whattsapp. Gave them 3000 deposit plus 5000 rent for 5 days and my voter id. That was it. I was on my way!

Had read some reviews where people have been seemingly harassed due to small car damages and hence was quite careful to drive and park. Returned them the car on last day at 5pm. The guy who took photos on 1st day inspected the car and in 2 mins gave his go ahead to Shamina ji who returned me the deposit and id. All and all a very hassle free experience. I would highly recommend. Just make sure car remains damage free.

Last edited by Maverick Avi : 14th February 2021 at 18:38.
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 19:50   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big thanks to Eddy for the recommendation! Recently used Zain Travels and will recommend them. Rented a Thar from Zain for a few days. Insisted on a yellow plate after reading some horror stories of unofficial taxi rentals with private / white plates, and that's exactly what I got. The Thar was in good shape for a rental, had ~60,000 km on the odometer and everything worked (including the air-con). Clutch was on the way out & I informed Shamina of the same while taking delivery. Clutch did the job, but would slip under stress.

Had opted for airport pickup and the fellow was on time. They aren't allowed inside the airport (Goa's taxi mafia) so had to walk down to the airport entrance which was no big deal. I took a video walkaround of the car before taking possession. Drop-off was smooth as well, but one has to go to their office which is 10 - 15 minutes away from the airport. They take pictures of the car, check for damages and then drop you to the airport (in the same car). If the guy would come directly to the airport, that would be way more convenient & save you 30 - 40 minutes.

Will definitely use again .
Self Drive Car & Bike Rental - Zain Travels (Goa)-1-1.jpg

Self Drive Car & Bike Rental - Zain Travels (Goa)-1-2.jpg

Self Drive Car & Bike Rental - Zain Travels (Goa)-1-3.jpg

Self Drive Car & Bike Rental - Zain Travels (Goa)-1-4.jpg

Self Drive Car & Bike Rental - Zain Travels (Goa)-1-5.jpg

Self Drive Car & Bike Rental - Zain Travels (Goa)-1-6.jpg

Self Drive Car & Bike Rental - Zain Travels (Goa)-1-7.jpg

Self Drive Car & Bike Rental - Zain Travels (Goa)-1-8.jpg

Self Drive Car & Bike Rental - Zain Travels (Goa)-1-9.jpg

Their standard T&C message brags about their Tripadvisor & Team-BHP reviews

Quote:
From Zain Travels

1) Car 24 hours is calculated from 6 am till 6 am the next day. If the car is returned any time after 6 am, full rental will be charged for that day. 24 hours benefit is not given for one-day car rental.

2) Any damage to the car will be paid for by the customer. No insurance will be claimed. Damage done by the customer has to be paid for by the customer. Insurance cover is there, but the benefit for the customer is only for major damage above Rs. 35,000, where he has to pay the difference amount, no claim bonus and rental as for the number of days the car is in the garage.

3) Whatever petrol is given has to be given back to us. Petrol has to be filled by the customer for his usage. The amount for the excess petrol in the car will not be refunded.

4) Car is meant to be used only in Goa and not outside Goa. By any means, if the car is taken outside Goa, the rental charge is triple.

5) Rs. 3,000 refundable deposit for smaller cars; Rs. 5000 for 7-seater cars. Rental plus deposit, both to be paid on your arrival.

6) Please carry your driving license and one original ID proof to deposit with us.

7) Rental plus deposit, both to be paid in cash only. To confirm your booking, an advance has to be paid. The rest of the payment is to be done on arrival.

8) Cars are to be returned by 8.30 pm or 6 am the next day. Early morning service is provided by 5 am and late night service is provided till 11 pm with extra charges on return of cars.

9) Car delivery at the airport can be done from 6 am till late night (3 am) with extra charges for late night or early morning (5 am).

10) Cancellation will be refunded only if informed 3 days prior.

No cancellation will be refunded at all for weekend dates, long weekends and season dates.

11) An advance has to be paid to block the car.

Above are the regular terms and conditions.

You can get information about Zain Travels on Google, Tripadvisor and Team-BHP.com for their services and conditions.

Regards,

Shamina.
Zain Travels

Last edited by Aditya : 26th November 2022 at 09:18.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed