Team-BHP - Car scanning & ECM Repairs - Shafi's Garage (Trivandrum)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Other Cities (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/)
-   -   Car scanning & ECM Repairs - Shafi's Garage (Trivandrum) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/192707-car-scanning-ecm-repairs-shafis-garage-trivandrum.html)

For car scanning and ECM repairs in Trivandrum reach out to Shafi 9846383979/7907329237.

My personal experience has been great with him. He has saved me from the dealers scam where they wanted to rebuild the whole engine for a faulty oil pressure light.

His garage is small but has the best equipment in entire Trivandrum, His speciality is Electrical and electronics in the car but he also handles mechanical and painting.

He has painted couple of my bikes and the paint job is top notch.

Please feel free to use my reference.

Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 4310011)
For car scanning and ECM repairs in Trivandrum reach out to Shafi 9846383979/7907329237.

My personal experience has been great with him. He has saved me from the dealers scam where they wanted to rebuild the whole engine for a faulty oil pressure light.

His garage is small but has the best equipment in entire Trivandrum, His speciality is Electrical and electronics in the car but he also handles mechanical and painting.

He has painted couple of my bikes and the paint job is top notch.

Please feel free to use my reference.

Pramod

bumping this old thread to check if Shafi's garage still operates and any recent feedback ? my grand father's GETZ has been lying unused for a few months ( after his demise ). I was looking to service it and start using it. So mainly general service and possibly brake pad replacements. also any other alternatives ? Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 4696135)
bumping this old thread to check if Shafi's garage still operates and any recent feedback ? my grand father's GETZ has been lying unused for a few months ( after his demise ). I was looking to service it and start using it. So mainly general service and possibly brake pad replacements. also any other alternatives ? Thanks

Kindly call him on the numbers provided, his work is now one of the best in Trivandrum, Have not looked beyond.

Pramod

Any similar folks in Cochin?

Quote:

Pramod

Could you please let us know the location of their shop in trivandrum?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheetahrd (Post 4731684)
Could you please let us know the location of their shop in trivandrum?

his numbers are reachable, please call him and he will guide you.

Pramod

Quote:

Pramod

Thank you Pramod. I will call him after the lockdown period.

He has the best tools in the market, had an issue with my Cruze, he took a look and 30 seconds later the car was running absolutely fine.

Pramod

Quote:

My personal experience has been great with him.

Thanks for the info, Pramod.

A few months back, seeing your recommendation, I took my Figo to him, which was having a lot of shaking and vibration and overall roughness. The vibrations were much smaller earlier, but the lock down in March caused my car to be trapped at my work location. When I was finally able to bring it home, the vibrations had grown by quite a lot.

Shafi and I took a ride in the car and I listed out all the problems. I had to leave the car with him for almost 2 weeks (main delay was to get the parts that had to be replaced. When I finally got the car back, the difference was like day and night. It was almost like driving a completely new car. I couldn’t be happier with the work.

He is patient, attentive and explains in detail what he plans to do, and always checks before carrying out any specific repairs on the vehicle.

Overall, I am very satisfied with his work, and I plan to take my car for a re-paint to him as well.

Thanks Pramod for this reference. Went to him twice (2021 once and now in 2022) and both times he did excellent job.

I am from Coimbatore and I visit TVM normally during weekend. I call him earlier and check his availability.

This time he resolved Check engine light + glow plug flashing which my FNG at CBE (Bosch) was unable to figure out for almost 3 visits now. Also a suspension side noise was correctly

Really knowledged on ECU as well as Mechanical works and humble to explain details :thumbs up

My experience was mixed. I gave the car for repair, and the process took almost a month, costing around 1 lakh INR with a couple of pending jobs. I had to call multiple times to get any updates. Overall, it was just an average experience, and I am very unhappy, especially after reading very good reviews here

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 4696254)
his work is now one of the best in Trivandrum, Have not looked beyond.

I have it from an extremely authoritative source that this statement is no longer valid:D.

This is the worst FNG I have had the misfortune of giving my car to. -1/10 would not recommend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 5704843)
I have it from an extremely authoritative source that this statement is no longer valid: D.

This is the worst FNG I have had the misfortune of giving my car to. -1/10 would not recommend it.

Same here. I spent 98k on my Jazz( front suspensions, ABS sensor, steering rack ) and it still came back with issues. I defied my brother-in-law’s advice and gave it seeing so many positive reviews on the forum. But the experience was pathetic. I thought it was one of the cases with me but after seeing your experience, I will never recommend this to anyone. Even I suggested this garage to a couple of my friends and family ��

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 5704843)

This is the worst FNG I have had the misfortune of giving my car to. -1/10 would not recommend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greyhound82 (Post 5705013)
Even I suggested this garage to a couple of my friends and family ��

I have asked the Mod team if we can delete this or put a post warning people that they are on their own, I didn't get a response from the Mod team and they wanted me to post on this tread. I don't want to be the one posting negative comments here so both your comments will be testaments to his current working ethics and standards.

On a lighter note, when i visited him 2-3 years ago, at that time there was someone who has seen this post and was telling me that he is Pramod's best friend :D, you should have seen the look on his face when i said I am Pramod.

Pramod

Visited this garage a few months back. This guy knows things on the face of it but his garage is ill-equipped and not confidence-inspiring. I found Candour Auto Tech a few notches better in Trivandrum.