Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Other Cities (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/)
-   -   Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/207090-independent-garage-mechanix-automotive-pune.html)

noopster 27th February 2019 19:18

Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1852735

The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)

Services offered:
  • Car repairs
  • Routine Maintenance & Servicing

What I like:
  • ASS alternative at a significantly cheaper cost
  • Personalised service: Anirudh is a Team BHPian (599gto). Sushant is also very approachable
  • Super convenient location at the start of Aundh-Baner Link Road. Plenty of fast and even some bumpy stretches to test drive
  • Pick up and drop off car at no extra cost
  • Very accepting of feedback and responsive to the smallest of issues raised
  • Comprehensive job done, within the estimated budget and on time
  • No pushy salesmanship or preferential treatment to an ex-mod: every customer that walked in got the same attention

What I don't like:
  • Final bill came higher than I expected. Worth it because of the good job done, however
  • Place needs better signage- a little difficult to spot from the main road
  • A bit lax on paperwork- they promised to send me a job card by WhatsApp but it never arrived
  • Final TD should have caught an annoying rattle in the front, turned out to be something loose in the bumper mount. They came and picked up the car and fixed it for free, however.

Speciality / USP:
  • Young professionals serious about their work. Sushant apparently has experience working in his father's garage. Anirudh manages the business end. Even the workers I interacted with were extremely polite and seemed to know their stuff.
  • A good alternative to expensive and impersonal ASS. They seem especially attractive to German car owners.

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Anirudh Joardar, Sushant Walki
- Phone numbers: +91-77095-40503, +91-98229-99383
- Postal Address: The Mechanix Automotive, S. No. 237, Aundh-Baner Link Rd, Aundh, Pune: 411045.
- Helpful landmarks / directions: At the start of the Aundh-Baner link road, just after turning right from Medipoint. Bang next door to Aquatint.
- Email / Website : themechanixautomotive@gmail.com / www.themechanix.in
- Google Maps Location: Link

My experience:
Link

moralfibre 28th February 2019 08:41

Re: Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)

Mechanix is a very professionally run garage. I've been meaning to try them out especially because a large amount of money is invested in getting professional equipment and tools for making it a grade A facility. They are the only ones with a high quality paint booth. Everyone that went there from my recommendation has come back singing praises. Bhpian Aditya@pune, Amoghchaphalkar and noopster.

What's more, Aquatint is right next door and both units run closely with each other. Wishing Aniruddh and Sushant the very best for their venture.

gautamkhadse 1st March 2019 11:27

I can vouch for the quality of work, with regards to painting . I had to get denting and painting done for my 2012 Grande Punto and a complete interior deep cleaning done . After about two days the car looked Brand New , no way to tell that painting of few panels had been done. Interior Deep clean was top notch . The work done was so superior that it almost looked as if it underwent ceramic coating .

Lalit from aquatint took care of all the work and delivered it before time .

Also got AC disinfection and AC filter replacement done from them .

The front office of Mechanix is also very tastefully done , pretty industrial look .

Engine_Roars 12th July 2019 18:42

Any recent updates from this place? Planning to take my car here for regular service.

noopster 3rd November 2019 19:09

Yup- I got both my cars serviced here in the last couple of months. The Vento’s was a major job: 120k/8 year service, transmission service/AT fluid change and complete suspension overhaul. Swift was the 1L service and some miscellaneous minor stuff. Quality of service is good though attention to detail could be better. No question that the personal attention given to the car and owner makes it worth it. Am overall quite the happy customer!