Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2019, 19:18   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)

Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-1-mechanix.jpg

The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)

Services offered:
  • Car repairs
  • Routine Maintenance & Servicing

What I like:
  • ASS alternative at a significantly cheaper cost
  • Personalised service: Anirudh is a Team BHPian (599gto). Sushant is also very approachable
  • Super convenient location at the start of Aundh-Baner Link Road. Plenty of fast and even some bumpy stretches to test drive
  • Pick up and drop off car at no extra cost
  • Very accepting of feedback and responsive to the smallest of issues raised
  • Comprehensive job done, within the estimated budget and on time
  • No pushy salesmanship or preferential treatment to an ex-mod: every customer that walked in got the same attention

What I don't like:
  • Final bill came higher than I expected. Worth it because of the good job done, however
  • Place needs better signage- a little difficult to spot from the main road
  • A bit lax on paperwork- they promised to send me a job card by WhatsApp but it never arrived
  • Final TD should have caught an annoying rattle in the front, turned out to be something loose in the bumper mount. They came and picked up the car and fixed it for free, however.

Speciality / USP:
  • Young professionals serious about their work. Sushant apparently has experience working in his father's garage. Anirudh manages the business end. Even the workers I interacted with were extremely polite and seemed to know their stuff.
  • A good alternative to expensive and impersonal ASS. They seem especially attractive to German car owners.

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Anirudh Joardar, Sushant Walki
- Phone numbers: +91-77095-40503, +91-98229-99383
- Postal Address: The Mechanix Automotive, S. No. 237, Aundh-Baner Link Rd, Aundh, Pune: 411045.
- Helpful landmarks / directions: At the start of the Aundh-Baner link road, just after turning right from Medipoint. Bang next door to Aquatint.
- Email / Website : themechanixautomotive@gmail.com / www.themechanix.in
- Google Maps Location: Link

My experience:
Link

Last edited by SmartCat : 27th February 2019 at 21:03. Reason: Fixed link
noopster is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 08:41   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)

Mechanix is a very professionally run garage. I've been meaning to try them out especially because a large amount of money is invested in getting professional equipment and tools for making it a grade A facility. They are the only ones with a high quality paint booth. Everyone that went there from my recommendation has come back singing praises. Bhpian Aditya@pune, Amoghchaphalkar and noopster.

What's more, Aquatint is right next door and both units run closely with each other. Wishing Aniruddh and Sushant the very best for their venture.
moralfibre is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 11:27   #3
BHPian

I can vouch for the quality of work, with regards to painting . I had to get denting and painting done for my 2012 Grande Punto and a complete interior deep cleaning done . After about two days the car looked Brand New , no way to tell that painting of few panels had been done. Interior Deep clean was top notch . The work done was so superior that it almost looked as if it underwent ceramic coating .

Lalit from aquatint took care of all the work and delivered it before time .

Also got AC disinfection and AC filter replacement done from them .

The front office of Mechanix is also very tastefully done , pretty industrial look .

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd March 2019 at 09:06. Reason: Typo
gautamkhadse is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 18:42   #4
BHPian

Any recent updates from this place? Planning to take my car here for regular service.
Old 3rd November 2019, 19:09   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Yup- I got both my cars serviced here in the last couple of months. The Vento’s was a major job: 120k/8 year service, transmission service/AT fluid change and complete suspension overhaul. Swift was the 1L service and some miscellaneous minor stuff. Quality of service is good though attention to detail could be better. No question that the personal attention given to the car and owner makes it worth it. Am overall quite the happy customer!
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 13:22   #6
BHPian

Want to share an experience with Mechanix.

One of the two radiator fans of my Jetta conked off in Feb. Visited B.U Bhandari & they gave me estimate around 20k for the replacement.

I visited mechanix for the second opinion, they were kind enough to check whether the fan can be fixed without replacement (loose socket or something like) and if the fixing doesn't work, they will give me estimate for the replacement. I got the call next day after dropping the car that the fan needs replacement & I was quoted 25k for the same.

I decided to go with authorized VW workshop (BU Bhandari) as they were quoting 5k lesser for the job. Paid 500rs to Mechanix as the inspection charge & got the job done at BU Bhandari. Happy with the decision.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 17:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Have known the folks at The Mechanix Automotive for a while now at that is our goto destination in Pune. Due the distance between Mumbai and Pune, never got a chance to get any work done from them.

Late last year, Sushant and I talked about giving my Abarth a makeover. There were just too many battle scars and she would be 5 years old soon. Also, had noticed some rusting in some areas which needed to be fixed.

Dropped the car to Mechanix on 25th December 2020.

Work commenced soon, and I was regularly updated on the progress via pictures like these:
Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-01.jpg

Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-02.jpg

Long back, I had purchased an intercooler but never put on my car. So asked Sushant to install the same. It was promptly couriered to Pune:
Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-03.jpg

Due to some part issues (Fiat plant was closed for year end) and my availability, the delivery could happen only on the 4th of February. Here are the first pics of the car:
Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-04.jpg

Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-05.jpg

Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-06.jpg

Proudly bears the Mechanix sticker:
Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-07.jpg

This was a surprise - Decided to go ahead with an Etuners map from them as well. The car is now a different beast altogether and they have done a top class job of getting a map made as per my requirements:
Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-08.jpg

Once I got the car back home, decided to get PPF installed on the bumpers, roof, bonnet and front fenders. I had some PPF material but had to purchase some 100 odd sq. ft. extra:
Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-09-copy.jpg

Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-10.jpg

Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-11.jpg

Got the side stickers installed as well:
Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-12.jpg

Over all, a 5-star experience. Thanks to their hospitality, I will be taking my car for her annual service to them going forward.

PS- I still have to arrange some plastic parts and RHS bonnet stopper which is not available even with the Fiat plant.
blackwasp is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 13:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Driving a German car can be a joy, but owning one can be a pain in the whatever they call derriere in German. This pain gets to be somewhat compounded when an ABS sensor decides to give up the ghost in the middle of a spirited expressway drive to Pune.

Luckily, I had a contingency in place for this very (somewhat unlikely) scenario. I dropped in to Mechanix after confirming they’d be able to get the ABS sensor pronto, and a quick scan and short wait later, I was ready to be on my way.

Sushant was polite and thoroughly professional to chat with, while Anirudh was more than happy to entertain my endless chatter. His workshop was spic and span, and his team a joy to deal with. I’d easily recommend him to anyone, German car or not. I just hope I meet him next time in happier circumstances!

A pic or two for your viewing pleasure, gents. Ciao ciao.

Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-473e188ed64d412cae6f68108bf2e292.jpeg

Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-494d1e90e76d4c7b9f49a40fe7f72875.jpeg

Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-f12e5022d68444698bbd5725c2df1b67.jpeg
iliketurtles is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 11:52   #9

Recommend a Maruti workshop in Pune

Which is a good Maruti Suzuki workshop in Pune?

I want my Celerio VXI AMT 2014 - 37,000 Kms on the odo to be serviced properly and some complaints addressed:

1. bumpy ride - suspension issues?
2. engine shudder in stop and go traffice from stop to 1st gear at low acceleration.
3. minor denting and painting work - scratches thanks to autos, 2 wheeers etc.

Vehicle gives 14-15kmpl in city with ac on. 24 kmpl on Xpressway between Panvel and Chandni chowk at 60-80kmph.

Advice appreciated.
Old 4th August 2023, 20:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

I have a bit of a contrary view of this garage. This week, I tried connecting with them to resolve the "See Manual" error on my Ecosport. I have highlighted this here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5598508 (2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review)

However, of the two numbers given on their website - I found that Aniruddha's number was busy twice when I called. I never received a callback on my missed call. I tried the other number - possibly Sushant's and the person on the other end of the line flatly refused to even listen to the entire problem and take in the car for analysis. He said the max we can do is scan the ECU for any error codes and reset them. On questioning why, he said we don't take in Ford cars anymore because there is a problem procuring spare parts for Ford.

Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-phone1.jpg

I found this a bit strange because it is mentioned on their website that they do service Ford cars.
Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-logo1.jpg

I don't know how to interpret all this, but anyway, their garage is now shifted to Sus-Pashan Road, which is way too far for me; so I decided to give them a skip. I may possibly never go there now - if this experience had turned out to be good, I would have got all my future Ecosport servicing(s) done here instead of the Ford ASC.

Just FYI - the garage is shifted here now, so if you are planning a visit, this is the new address. Their website is not updated though, still shows the old address: https://goo.gl/maps/5LGWDECXr8Kr6cQK6
Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)-location.jpg
W.A.G.7 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed