Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 5 83.33%
Recommended 1 16.67%
Not Recommended 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2019, 20:48   #1
BHPian

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)

Products sold:
  • Authorized dealer for multiple tyre brands.
  • TPMS, wheel nuts and other wheel related accessories.
  • Vehicle Battery
Services offered:
  • Wheel balancing.
  • Wheel alignment.
  • Pollution testing.
  • Battery change.
What I like:
  • Customer service. Friendly owner, who patiently explains all options and gives valid opinions.
  • Multiple brands available. Had option of Apollo, Bridgestone, Michelin, Goodyear. Saw selection of Yokohama, CEAT etc.
  • Pollution testing available.
  • Right by the main road near Edapazanji junction. Easy to spot.
What I don't like:
  • Saw online prices are lesser, but this can be the case for any brick and mortar shop, I believe.
Pricing:
  • Reasonable, similar pricing compared with other local options.
Speciality / USP:
  • They are actally intrested to sell a product and give a good customer experience. Considering the response from several other tyre shops called, this unfortunately has to be considered a speciality. The other shops were too busy to even respond properly to enquiries via phone.
What I have bought from him:
  • Michelin XM2s for my Ford Figo.
  • Goodyear Assurance Triplemax 2 for dads Maruti Ritz.
Contact Information:
  • Name and Phone: Kishore
    +91 94460 46633
  • Postal Address: Travancore Wheel Club
    TC 16/390 (3), Edapazhinji,
    Thiruvananthapuram - 695010

Last edited by dragntailonfire : 18th August 2019 at 12:49. Reason: Adding details.
dragntailonfire is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 15:39   #2
BHPian

Re: Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)

My experience:

The search for a new tyre.
After reading multiple experience of fellow BHPians, we thought to check out the Yokohama Earth-1s as a replacement for the stock JKs on the Ritz. The JKs were in terrible condition by then; we once had to replace one of tyres very urgently, while on a short trip, as it had broken apart in one place.

We started calling up different tyre shops around the city who dealt with Yokohamas. We called New Bharath Tyres and they quoted a price of 4.6k. Then we talked with The Tire Club, who quoted around the same. However, both these parties were very eager to cut the call; they were too busy to enquire about our requirement. They got off the call as soon as they mentioned the price for the Yokohamas, their task done as far as they are concerned. Not a pleasant experience.

Now, hearing the price of the Earth-1s, dad started having second thoughts about those particular tyres. Mainly because, he does not use the car for lengthy drives. It is used regularly, but for short duration and nearby destinations most of the times. So, he wanted to try something that doesn't cost as much as these.

Enter Apollo, MRF, JK etc into the fray. We shifted our focus to MRF ZV2Ks. I read an account of BHPian techn0l0gist's experience with the ZV2Ks (link here (MRF ZVTS Review !)). This line below, especially, interested me.
Quote:
The tyres are virtually indestructible !
We called Ambady Tyres - MRF to check the price of the ZV2Ks, and they quoted 3.5k for these. This sounded perfect and we thought to drive there and check out the tyres. Then, we remembered the shop where I got Michelins fitted for my Figo. Dad did not want to put expensive tyres on, so we didn't consider them before. But then there were Apollo tyres with them as well, so we thought to give them a call.

Called up Mr. Kishore to enquire about the cost of Apollo tyres. He quoted 4k for them and then we concluded the call without asking anything more. Dad and I was discussing what to do next, when Mr. Kishore actually called back and asked exactly what we were looking for. Imagine that; finally met a guy who wanted to do business. He took the effort to call us back to check what we wanted. Anyhow, he mentioned the different brands available with him and we decided to go there and check it out in person.

Last edited by dragntailonfire : 19th August 2019 at 18:02. Reason: Formatting
dragntailonfire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 12:47   #3
BHPian

Travancore Wheel Club
I have been to Travancore Wheel Club twice; the first time was to fit new tyres for my Figo. I was not a member of the forum at that time. Next, when my dad had to replace the ageing JKs on his Ritz.

The tyre shop is situated some 250m from Edapazanji Jn on the main road side, right besides the entrance to Elanjimoodu Lane. It is easily spotted from the main road.

Office

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-20190816_174646.jpg

Work area

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-20190816_174656.jpg

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-20190816_172346.jpg

Inside the office

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-20190816_171200.jpg

Tyre selections

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-20190816_171436.jpg

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-20190816_171446.jpg

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-20190816_171525.jpg

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-20190816_171215.jpg

Once we reached the office, we were greeted by Mr.Kishore, who talked to us earlier on the phone. He was very cordial and pleasant, and asked us the tyre spec we were searching for. He listed out the brands available with him: Apollo, Michelin, Bridgestone and Goodyear, for Ritz (185 70 R14). We shortlisted Michelin, Bridgestone and Goodyear. He was most patient with us during the selection process and listed out the benefits and qualities of each tyres.

The shortlisted tyres

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-20190816_171648.jpg

The cost for each tyre:
Michelin Energy XM2 - 4.9k.
Bridgestone Turanza - 4.4k.
Goodyear Assurance Triplemax 2 - 3.9k.
Dad decided to go for the Goodyears as he does not travel for long distances, and felt the cost for Michelins as too much. I felt the tread pattern on the Goodyears as the most attractive. Once we selected the tyres, it was time to put it on.

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-20190816_173524.jpg

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-20190816_173606.jpg

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-20190816_172515.jpg

Ritz on the ramp, eager for the new kicks

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-20190816_172340.jpg

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-20190816_173145.jpg

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-20190816_175358.jpg

The Goodyear experience
Since the change, the difference in ride quality, compared with the JKs, is a definite improvement, it has become really smooth now. However, there is a feeling that the road noise is a bit increased perhaps. These are the initial impressions. Will have to see how it will hold up in the long run.

Last edited by dragntailonfire : 19th August 2019 at 17:55. Reason: Adding information
dragntailonfire is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 15:42   #4
BHPian

Previous experience with Travancore Wheel Club
My pre-owned Figo came shod with Apollo Alnacs that was pretty worn down. The Ford Assured dealers, from whom I bought the car, advised that it would run for a minimum 10k kilometres more. It didn't last for that long. I was forced to change it after 7k kilometres instead of 10k. It happened on a weekend journey from Kochi to Trivandrum; I was originally thinking of getting it changed after I got back from Trivandrum.

However, when I checked the tyres, it was dangerously worn down. So, I searched for the nearest tyre shop and decided to get it changed with Michelin XM2s (175 65 R14), which had great reviews from multiple sources. It was a hassle free and pleasant experience with Travancore Wheel Club at that time. The tyres cost 4.9k. Including a few pics of that exchange.

Side view of the dirty worn down Alancs.

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-20180811_112302.jpg

The new set of XM2s.

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-img_20181229_124537.jpg

On the ramp.

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-img_20181229_124416.jpg

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-img_20181229_124545.jpg

Side view of the fresh new XM2s

Tyre Shop - Travancore Wheel Club (Trivandrum, Kerala)-img_20181230_154149.jpg

Last edited by dragntailonfire : 19th August 2019 at 18:03.
dragntailonfire is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 22:59   #5
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Team-BHP Directory. Thanks for sharing!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 14:07   #6
BHPian

Made a telephonic enquiry with Mr.Kishor regarding availability of Yoko Earth 1’s for my Ecosport. While I eventually ended up not buying from him, the interaction was pleasing. He is not pushy, is patient, listens to customer needs, transparent with his pricing, doesn’t put down any brand and gives honest opinions. Would definitely recommend Travancore Wheel Club for tyre needs in Trivandrum.
Pequod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 13:58   #7
BHPian

They're really nice & like you said, the owner is enthusiastic & is always there at the shop - last minutes discounts are always in store!
vsaravind007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 21:10   #8
BHPian

Have been dealing with them since 10 years. Kishore makes each visit a pleasure. Very genuine and energetic. Have taken 4 sets of tyres from the shop.
Price is good and service much better than others in Trivandrum.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd August 2021 at 07:58. Reason: Typo.
sureshkishore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 15:57   #9
BHPian

Have taken 4 sets of Continental UC6 205/55 R16 from them. Happy and satisfied with the experience.
Started with a phone call with Kishore to get an estimation and got a decent quote compared to other Shops. Since i wanted to change them right after the delivery, I went to the shop one week before and booked by giving a token Amount. Even though on the day of work, Kishore couldn't be there, the folks there did a good job and took care of the wheel etc without any scratch. Kishore was always there over whatsapp to check on status.

Overall a good experience.
Old 23rd December 2023, 15:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hello all

Sorry for the mass quote on behalf of a rider friend who will be in TVM later tonight and needs 110/80 R 19 front 150/70R 17 rear for his Kawasaki Versys. Any other options besides TWC/Kishore?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post
/URL][/list]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Made a telephonic enquiry with Mr.Kishor regarding availability of Yoko Earth 1’s for my Ecosport. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsaravind007 View Post
They're really nice & like you said, the owner is enthusiastic & is always there at the shop - last minutes discounts are always in store!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Price is good and service much better than others in Trivandrum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos-VV View Post
Have taken 4 sets of Continental UC6 205/55 R16 from them.

Overall a good experience.

Most Viewed