Team-BHP - Performance tuning, servicing & repairs - AJ Performance, Pune
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Other Cities (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/)
-   -   Performance tuning, servicing & repairs - AJ Performance, Pune (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/214071-performance-tuning-servicing-repairs-aj-performance-pune.html)

A very well known and regarded brand within the TBHP community, the workshop of AJ Performance in Salukhe Vihar Road, Pune caters to almost all brands of two and four wheelers with their core strength being performance tuning from the likes of Hamann, Lorinser, ABT, etc. Not to mention they being the official Indian partner of Carroll Shelby International Ltd. and the Shelby portfolio of cars.

Nature of work done by me:

Car: 2010 BMW 330i (E90)
Mileage: 118,000kms

General Servicing
Replacement of Shocks, Struts, Control Arms (All 4 wheels)
Replacement of Brake Pads
Replacement of Steering Rack
Repair of Fuel injector O-Ring & Calibration
Paint Detailing
Other Minor Repairs, etc.

What I liked:-

1. The level of professionalism. At the helm is Mr. Alexander Johnson, an extremely seasoned & knowledgeable petrolhead, and the head of all AJP operations (over and beyond their car maintenance works). Its reassuring to know that every single vehicle entering their workshop is under his supervision. Both upon pickup and before delivery of vehicle at their workshop, the car goes through multiple inspections and checks. Mr Anthony from sales & customer relations (if I'm not mistaken), Avishkar from tehcnical and others were the extremely helpful staff of the AJP team that I dealt with regarding the repairs.

2. The workshop. It isn't very big IMO but is extremely neat and well equipped, giving the feeling of a well appointed garage in the States.

3. The cost of repairing a luxury vehicle. If it is a car maintenance & repair work as was in my case, they source OEM parts as much as possible and at much more reasonable cost to the customer compared to the brand outlets.

What I did not like:-

They do not do repairs of anything related to car electricals/wiring/etc.

Contact Informations:-

Office (HQ): +91 20 41211404
Sales Department: +91 9049367409 (4 Wheelers); +91 7030741230 (2 Wheelers)
Workshop Service Centre:+91 8530008429

S no. 4A/1A/1/4/2, CTS No. 393,
Salunkhe Vihar Road, Behind Bank of Maharashtra,
Wanawadi, Pune – 411040

Some Photos of the vehicle from the days at AJP

Performance tuning, servicing & repairs - AJ Performance, Pune-img_1239.jpeg
Performance tuning, servicing & repairs - AJ Performance, Pune-enlight177.jpeg
Performance tuning, servicing & repairs - AJ Performance, Pune-c208b15bb24c4f8eb10f32dad3b91147.jpg
Performance tuning, servicing & repairs - AJ Performance, Pune-1697d7a49a804830a498d4fc6dc6e83e.jpg
Performance tuning, servicing & repairs - AJ Performance, Pune-c02ea1e8cdbc4b8e9c909e56b0012035.jpg
Performance tuning, servicing & repairs - AJ Performance, Pune-00b49b590dc74c128dd57f2a8ab15eda.jpg

Thanks for this post, very helpful. Do you know if they also do a bit of painting and touch up work as well?

Thanks @Haldar, this is very useful

I live close to Salunke Vihar Road so it is good to know they are around the corner

Do they do only mechanical work or also ECU remaps and work like that too?

Sorry for the extremely late reply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s4ch (Post 4715627)
Do you know if they also do a bit of painting and touch up work as well?

Most welcome. Yes they do painting, touchups and all related work as well. My car had such work done too and they were solid jobs. Apparently they have a very experienced detailing guy who works with them as per requirement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevivek (Post 4726804)
Do they do only mechanical work or also ECU remaps and work like that too?

Most welcome. Yes they do most types of performance tuning including ECU remaps.