Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 14:11   #46
Senior - BHPian

Should I wash my car completely?

Hi

I bought a new Vista 4 months back. Total running till date is 2500 Kms. Do you think I should go for a complete car wash (exterior+interior+engine)?

I wish to do it because the next free servicing is only after 5000 Kms which is a long way consider my usage of the car.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Ajay
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:41   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Then I found a pressure wash, air spray facility (pretty much street side) on my own Pashan - Sus road. They are at the intersection of Sus road and Balaji mandir road. very plain, uncomplicated place. Open air, but they have a ramp for underbody wash.
I used to be a regular at his place and he does a fantastic job most of the time. Plus the convenience of being next door!

but the problem is that his place is almost always crowded with a minimum of 2 cars and 4 bikes queued up.

I have started taking my gypsy to my MASS garage which is just a block ahead. Not as thorough as the other fella, but then i can also get other things checked up.

Last edited by COUGAR : 2nd December 2009 at 09:42.
Old 17th March 2010, 19:21   #48
BHPian

Is there Car Washing Centre @ Pune which is open till 8:30 PM?

Thanks in advance
Old 21st April 2010, 19:32   #49
BHPian

For folks near Kalyani Nagar there are two options:

1. A washing centre in the lane opposite Bishop's school which is one one kilometre from Gold Big cinemas.

2. A washing centre on Old Airport road run by the Yerwada Jail authorities which is near Ishanya mall & 3 kilometres away from Gold Big cinemas.
Old 7th December 2010, 14:38   #50
BHPian

Recently I went to a car wash center opposite to City Pride (Satara Road), its right in the big signal chowk, the name is "Naik Auto".
As per my experience the car wash quality was excellent, a lot of effort was exercised calmly without rushing to get on with next car. It was well staffed with good service. They have 4 washing bays (hydraulic pistons/jacks to lift up the car). They charged me Rs. 350 for internal cleaning, complete body and under wash for ANHC. Prices are lower for hatchbacks, higher for SUV's.

Senior Mr. Naik himself is a car enthusiast, I had a lengthy talk with him when my car was getting washed. He claimed to clock 10K Km each month on regular basis but anyway the summary is he likes and drives a lot and is regular on long driving trips eg: Pune-Kanyakumari, recently Pune-Jaipur non-stop.
They also provide the car polishing and waxing services; I checked their products and equipments, they use Jopasu Products for Car Care. They also seem to have DA's and Rotory Orbitals but not sure how much skilled or trained the personnel are who operate them.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 7th December 2010 at 14:40.
Old 7th December 2010, 15:31   #51
BHPian

I have always stuck to Madhu Automobiles at Wanowrie.
Washing: Rs.250, they diligently cover the ECU's (if required), one person will prepare the car for washing, taking out the mats, covering the seats, clearing papers inside the car, washing off any tar or oil stains. After the wash they liberally apply petroleum jelly over the battery terminals & grease to all door hinges. The total job is very satisfactory.
One incident I wanted to mention, a few months ago my Palio started behaving erratic, idling went nuts & major shudders on idle. For a change I thought of taking the car to the Tata a.s.s, they diagnosed the problem as some oxygen sensor & the replacement part was estimated at Rs.7000+. I immediately took the car to Madhu Automobiles & the problem turned out to be a small rubber tube that was dislodged. The car ran as good as new when fitted back.
I found Ashwin & his father to be the most down to earth, honest & reliable people around in this business.
Old 12th December 2010, 20:54   #52
BHPian

re: Sagar Auto Care - Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Recently I went to a car wash center opposite to City Pride (Satara Road), its right in the big signal chowk, the name is "Naik Auto".
As per my experience the car wash quality was excellent, a lot of effort was exercised calmly without rushing to get on with next car. It was well staffed with good service. They have 4 washing bays (hydraulic pistons/jacks to lift up the car). They charged me Rs. 350 for internal cleaning, complete body and under wash for ANHC. Prices are lower for hatchbacks, higher for SUV's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
I have always stuck to Madhu Automobiles at Wanowrie.
Washing: Rs.250, they diligently cover the ECU's (if required), one person will prepare the car for washing, taking out the mats, covering the seats, clearing papers inside the car, washing off any tar or oil stains. After the wash they liberally apply petroleum jelly over the battery terminals & grease to all door hinges. The total job is very satisfactory.

Hi RemingtonSteele, mb_jg, can you please share the address and contact details of Naik Auto@Satara Road and Madhu Automobiles@Wanowrie.
I am planning to take my car.
Old 13th December 2010, 11:12   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Hi RemingtonSteele, mb_jg, can you please share the address and contact details of Naik Auto@Satara Road and Madhu Automobiles@Wanowrie.
I am planning to take my car.
I don't have the contact details of Naik Auto@Satara Road but if you are worried about scheduling then I can help you with that.
The washing shop timing are 9 AM to 8:30 PM. If you don't want to wait then reach there at around 8:45 AM, I bet your car will be the first one on 1-of-4 washing bays. There after the queing/numbering starts and which can tailspin into hours.
Old 13th December 2010, 14:01   #54
BHPian

Quote:
I don't have the contact details of Naik Auto@Satara Road but if you are worried about scheduling then I can help you with that.
The washing shop timing are 9 AM to 8:30 PM. If you don't want to wait then reach there at around 8:45 AM, I bet your car will be the first one on 1-of-4 washing bays. There after the queing/numbering starts and which can tailspin into hours.
Thanks RemingtonSteele for the info. Shall visit in the coming weekend.
Old 13th December 2010, 16:13   #55
BHPian

Madhu Automobiles: 020-26853608, cell# (Ashwin) 9922525577). They take in cars by appointment only since parking space is restricted.
Just one request, don't get any wheel alignment, wheel balancing jobs done through them, since they don't have the equipment they get the work done from a tyre shop in the vicinity who does not do a good job. I will be speaking with Ashwin about this issue over the weekend.
Old 13th December 2010, 18:01   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Madhu Automobiles: 020-26853608, cell# (Ashwin) 9922525577). They take in cars by appointment only since parking space is restricted.
Just one request, don't get any wheel alignment, wheel balancing jobs done through them, since they don't have the equipment they get the work done from a tyre shop in the vicinity who does not do a good job. I will be speaking with Ashwin about this issue over the weekend.
Thanks mb_jg.
Spoke with Mr. Ashwin, here are the details :
Car wash(exterior, underbody & engine wash) + Dry Vacuum cleaning inside -> 250/- (mine is Polo)

What I am not sure is the engine wash - is it done through water pressure. Considering so many electricals under bonnet, is it safe to have a engine wash using water?

Last edited by AvonA7 : 13th December 2010 at 18:21.
Old 18th December 2010, 20:02   #57
BHPian

Today went to Madhu Automobiles for car wash. They have hydraulic piston, only one car can be washed at a time, so better to have a chat over phone and then go.
  • Lower car body parts including tire wheels were cleaned with kerosene to remove TAR
  • Tire wheels, under body washed - one can stand near the car and instruct the guy washing the car for any area to take care etc.
  • Exterior cleaning completed, extra care taken for door edges, floor mats washed separately
  • bonnet interiors and engine bay (covered with plastics are the battery and engine) - first sprayed with kerosene, then washed, air dryer was used to quickly dry the places. As mb_jg already mentioned, petroleum jelly applied to battery terminals
  • Interiors were cleaned with vacuum. Seat edges, all 4 doors, all bottle/cup holders, glove box, boot, floor was cleaned with vacuum
    Then dashboard, B-pillar interiors especially, door edges thoroughly cleaned with cloth.

Total time taken for car wash : 01 hour
Result : Interiors are dust free, car under body/exterior wash is to my satisfaction, engine bay is shining
Amount : 250/- + tip to the guy who washed my car

Overall very happy with Car Wash at Madhu Automobile, they didn't rush with their job even though other cars were already waiting to be cleaned.
Old 18th December 2010, 20:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:
bonnet interiors and engine bay (covered with plastics are the battery and engine) - first sprayed with kerosene, then washed, air dryer was used to quickly dry the places. As mb_jg already mentioned, petroleum jelly applied to battery terminals

Result : Interiors are dust free, car under body/exterior wash is to my satisfaction, engine bay is shining
Amount : 250/- + tip to the guy who washed my car

Overall very happy with Car Wash at Madhu Automobile, they didn't rush with their job even though other cars were already waiting to be cleaned.
Well, as said earlier that I got in a very good conversation with Sr.Naik.
During washing of car he revealed me his one of the washing gimmick. He told me to always instruct the cleaner at his wash center to never get the Engine bay sprayed/cleaned with diesel/kerosene. They are just meant for feal good factor which leaves a dark clean look and makes the car owners feel good after the wash
But the fact is, it only remains that way temporarily as it starts attracting dust and mud. The earlier feel good vanishes in 4-5 days and the vehicle owner starts craving for that jet black look again, result is go for car wash again
Let me know your experience on these lines.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 18th December 2010 at 20:48.
Old 18th December 2010, 21:09   #59
BHPian

Quote:
But the fact is, it only remains that way temporarily as it starts attracting dust and mud. The earlier feel good vanishes in 4-5 days and the vehicle owner starts craving for that jet black look again, result is go for car wash again
Let me know your experience on these lines.
Well said @RemingtonSteele and thanks for sharing the secret.

When I started reading your post I thought it does damage to the engine bay (which frankly I was very worried when going into this wash, and I also asked them once, to avoid cleaning my car`s engine bay, but they assured me and it was done perfectly, also I asked the washing guy to start the engine as soon as the engine bay wash was completed )

Yes, it does look sparkling clean, but the look only won't take me to the cleaning center every week. Actually, my concern was the car under body wash, I wash/clean my car myself but due to obvious reason wasn't able to do anything about the under-body.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 18th December 2010 at 21:18. Reason: spelling
Old 18th December 2010, 23:01   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mb_jg.
Spoke with Mr. Ashwin, here are the details :
Car wash(exterior, underbody & engine wash) + Dry Vacuum cleaning inside -> 250/- (mine is Polo)

What I am not sure is the engine wash - is it done through water pressure. Considering so many electricals under bonnet, is it safe to have a engine wash using water?
The engine wash is fine as long as the person washing the car knows what to avoid. They cover the ECU box with plastic before wash, & even though they use a pressure wash, it's more of sprinkling than directed pressured water towards the engine bay. Overall, if you closely notice, they will not literally wash the entire engine bay, only area's which have caught grime, like the cylinder heads (oil & dirt mixture).The rest just takes a sprinkle to wash off the dust.

Most Viewed