Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2013, 11:23   #91
BHPian

Re: Sagar Auto Care - Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Saturday visited Shetty's Au.....s why I am coming back here, but this time the precious mechanic should not touch my car".
My experience with Shetty garage is pretty bad. I had major dent and paint repair job done at his garage. I found charges are pretty high and Owner just don't go into depth for analyzing some problems. His setup is pretty good though but I am not happy at all. My friend also gave his swift after recommendation here and he came out with lot of cursing. Spares parts are charged more than Tata Motors Service Center.
Old 21st August 2013, 12:58   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
My experience with Shetty garage is pretty bad. I had major dent and paint repair job done at his garage.
Are you talking about the Shetty's MAS at Aundh? Somehow your experience is contrary to the general opinion we had. Anyways now we need to more cautious.

Thanks for the input.
Old 1st September 2013, 02:56   #93
BHPian

Quote:

Are you talking about the Shetty's MAS at Aundh? Somehow your experience is contrary to the general opinion we had. Anyways now we need to more cautious.

Thanks for the input.
Hi. I know this thread is regarding Sagar auto care, but I guess most of you might be knowing about Shetty brothers as well. Here is my experience.

I got my car repaired after a frontal accident at Shetty's Maruti service Aundh.
I got my fender, bonnet and bumper changed. The quality of paint looks quite good as of now. Let's see how it is in the long run.

Other than paint, nothing else was pleasant. I was told the was ready. When my friend went to took delivery, the car was dusty, even from the inside. There was also a lizard lying dead on the rear shelf.

I had HID projector setup in my headlights for low beams. As a result of accident, headlamps were damaged but the projectors were fine. So I told them not to touch the HID setup, remove and keep the old headlamps in the boot and just put high beam bulbs in the new headlamps. The managed to damage my one high beam bulb (I had got the pair from Germany) and also both HID xenon bulbs are damaged. The flange that holds the HID bulb to projectors is missing in both the bulbs. I have no option left other than purchasing new HID bulbs.

The AC has stopped working. There is no cooling. It was working when I gave car for repair, which was nearly two weeks after the accident.

For some reason, the one rear door so not getting opened from outside. I thought may be the linking rod might have fallen off. When I opened it up to see whats wrong, I see the door handle itself is broken! I have no idea how can someone break a door handle.

Bumper was not aligned to the bonnet. The bumper was tilted to one side. There was nearly an inch of gap between grille (grille sits on bumper) and bonnet on left side of the grille. I was told the reason for this was because I opted to buy a local made bumper. Later when I opened up the bumper to see if I can correct the alignment, I saw the bumper rail was bent and was at fault.

I have to say Mr. Shetty is true and humble. But the work done by his mechanics is simply not acceptable.
Old 1st September 2013, 11:21   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP640 View Post
Hi. I know this thread is regarding Sagar auto care, but I guess most of you might be knowing about Shetty brothers as well.
It is a really bad feedback about Shetty's Aundh. Looks like Mr.Shetty's team spoiling the garage's reputation. We should be more careful now.
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:21   #95
BHPian

Quote:
It is a really bad feedback about Shetty's Aundh. Looks like Mr.Shetty's team spoiling the garage's reputation. We should be more careful now.
Well it seems things haven't changed with this garage. I went to this place in 2011 (I think) for a regular service of my Wagon-R. I also had an issue with the front window not rolling down properly. I took the car back in the evening and was told that the issue was fixed and was charged Rs500 for this and was told that the door was opened to fix it. It kinda worked for a few days and the problem reoccurred. Since I was staying in Chinchwad at that time I did not want to drive back to Aundh again. So I went to this service center in Nigdi(Shalu Agency) who to my surprise opened the inner cladding to show me that only some lubricant was dropped in and the plastic protective sheet was intact with the adhesive still in place. I have never gone back to the Shetty garage since and will never go!! What a cheat!!
Old 8th December 2013, 16:10   #96
Senior - BHPian

Went to Sagar today after a really long time. A full wash + interior cleaning of the Scorpio cost me Rs.350.

While I was waiting, also came to know that they wash car seat covers too; so made an impromptu decision and gave my vehicle's seat covers to be cleaned for the 1st time in almost 4 years. That was another Rs.550, which I thought was quite reasonable considering the number of covers [including the arm-rest and head-rest covers], and the fact that they themselves remove the covers and re-fit them when they are ready. It remains to be seen [have to go back next Sunday to have the covers re-fitted] how the cleaning quality is. If it matches with their vehicle cleaning quality, then I'll be more than a happy chappy!

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 8th December 2013 at 16:15.
comfortablynumb is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 16:54   #97
Senior - BHPian

With the current water situation in Pune (inadequate supply and tanker operators who loot) , how are the rates in washing centers like "Sagar" these days ?
I am self washing once every 15 days with extremely hard and nearly dirty tanker water available to me , which is actually leaving behind stains on the glass and the bodywork.
Old 26th May 2016, 17:18   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
With the current water situation in Pune (inadequate supply and tanker operators who loot) , how are the rates in washing centers like "Sagar" these days ? .
Even I haven't been there in quite a while, but you can call and check with Sagar himself - 9822330420

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 17:16   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Even I haven't been there in quite a while, but you can call and check with Sagar himself - 9822330420

Cheers,
Vikram
Got my FIGO washed today. Full outer wash, underbody and internal cleaning(vacuum and air) and engine bay. Just Rs 300/

Such an old garage (if I'm not wrong, its some 25 yrs old) and still does the job right.

Polishing etc is extra. And they have some complete higher package at Rs 999 (includes almost everything you can think of)

But for people looking at a quick and clean job - its the best place in town. At the most, work is completed in an hour. And all stations are manned with ample personnel
Paleo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 17:28   #100
BANNED

I need to do a small dent repair on my Micra. Can you guys suggest any good body shop near Kharadi or Viman nagar area?
The dent is on rear wheel arch above the bumper join area.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 3rd October 2016 at 17:29. Reason: Some unwanted edit marks
Old 18th March 2017, 13:38   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
Got my FIGO washed today. Full outer wash, underbody and internal cleaning(vacuum and air) and engine bay. Just Rs 300/-

But for people looking at a quick and clean job - its the best place in town. At the most, work is completed in an hour. And all stations are manned with ample personnel
Just back after getting my Palio washed. Rs. 300/- for the full course

Plenty of manpower is a big plus - and no attempts of fleecing by offering other services at reduced cost.

I wanted to do some minor repair, but the owner was honest enough to admit to tell me that there is nothing really wrong and don't fix what ain't broken.
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 15:22   #102
BHPian

Based on this thread I drove from Nigdi to Kothrud to get my S-Cross washed. Luckly it was the Ganesh Visargan day and there were no cars for a wash.

I got my car washed and leather cleaned for 450+750. I found it absolutely VFM as compared to 3M where I would easily pay 4000+.

Also had a long chat with the owner. The job done was very professional and I was very happy with the service. Need to mention, TBHPs get a cuppa tea too

Thanks guys for sharing this wash center. I plan to visit once in a month and get a complete wash done.
shivasi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 18:39   #103
BHPian

Got my SX4 washed and interior vacuuming done at Sagar Auto Care. The job was done quite quickly (being a Sunday) and professionally. All this for ₹ 350. Also had a chat with the owner as well. He informed that the Paud Road centre is mostly for servicing and commercial vehicles. For private cars, they have one more centre at DP Road, next to Shubarambha Lawns (behind Gharkul Lawns).
Old 1st November 2021, 12:28   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

With Diwali approaching, I wanted to get my car a thorough cleaning, inside and out. Our regular car wash guy has been exceedingly irresponsible of late and I have given him notice. The car meanwhile was looking awful...

Checked with my friendly neighbourhood accessories guy but he has shut down his car wash facility though he still does interior (packages starting at 1000/-). I also contacted Aquatint who sent over a brochure but the prices quoted (for interior alone) were upwards of 3K. Some mismatch here. Went through the Team BHP directory and found Sagar Auto. A friend (heman369 on the forum) also recommended them for quick and dirty (not literally!) clean jobs.

Called Sagar and he asked me to get the car in before 2 pm since it was Sunday. Had to drop my wife off for lunch which I did and then sped across to the facility. Missed it on the first go- anyone driving there for the first time look for the non-descript looking garage on the left where all the schoolbuses are parked.

Pros:
- Perfect for a quick splash and dash carwash. Was done in half an hour.
- Interior cleaning (blowing and vaccuming, manual wipe down, floormat wash) is adequate and the car looks like new.
- Uses old fashioned manual labour with a high pressure jet spray and LOTS of water. Felt a bit guilty about this but the look of the clean car makes it worth it.

Cons
- The staff need some supervision to point out missed spots- could be Sunday effect.
- You won't get 3M style "service" or upselling here- they clean your car and that's it. A desultory attempt at applying polish to the dashboard was firmly rebuffed.

But for 450/- all-in, I think it was totally worth it!

Some pics:

Sagar Auto Care - Pune-c339ea76741e40ed9f9e8053c42a9780.jpeg

Sagar Auto Care - Pune-e7a15b7101b8451c88745e31553c2991.jpeg

Sagar Auto Care - Pune-757cbc646a0447228bbb9ba3c5643c36.jpeg

Sagar Auto Care - Pune-a4d6a8a361084d2db739753fb7348a97.jpeg

Sagar Auto Care - Pune-4926b07937da485b9b005d23f669697a.jpeg

Last edited by noopster : 1st November 2021 at 12:32.
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks