Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2007, 14:15   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
I go to a place in Bangalore, opposite to Ulsoor lake, there place next to a temple.

They charge Rs 150 for a normal car wash and for a full service (inculdes full underbody wash) its Rs 250. Very crowded hence better to go early. Only guy who is open on Sundays from 9:30 to 1:00PM.

They do an excellent job. I take my car there once a month for a full underbody wash. All the steps mentioned above in the previous posts are carried out.
I think you are referring to Stephen, the guy has a small garage also nearby excellent if you have a maruti vehicle, esp ol models (carbed)
Old 22nd November 2007, 14:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Jaynagar??

Anyone knowing a car wash somewhere in/near Jaynagar ?
Heard there is one @ Tilaknagar but never been there?
Even Audogudi will do!
Old 22nd November 2007, 17:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Now these are two completly contradictory Statements..
MF\Payam can you throw more light on this ?

As I said they cherged me 400rs and thats not the matter of i'm none indian and ...because i went there bith a friend who is a member too and i didnt speak to them even a word and i'm surprised but the price which MF has given coz the simple car wash in my area with simple equipment costs 250 onwards and as i saw and said they are really expert and use good equipments
Old 22nd November 2007, 20:06   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
BTW, what's this business of covering ECU with plastic bags?
My ECU is inside the dashboard (in the left corner)! Can not be accessed unless the dash is completely opened
The ECU in my car sits in the engine bay and is bare. Hence I insist that they cover it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Do you know of any good car wash place around Koregaon Park / Camp / Yerwada?
Nope. Karl / Shrivz would know. Its their territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
It is exactly 10 kms from my place, and walking distance from my college. We can go there when you are in Pune Ive been meaning to try it as well.
Start attending college you'll end up seeing the place atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
I feel sorry for the fireblade :( .
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
Its a very good place for car washing,they are very expert and put their best.but last they charged me more than 250 bucks something around 400rs but still worthy.
IMPOSSIBLE. They have never charged anyone whom I recommended that place any amount more than Rs. 150/- (you excluded of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Few questions:
  • How much time is taken in total.
  • Do they use a cloth? Is the cloth new (ie not reused)?
  • Is it air drying or cloth drying?
  • What is the price for exterior only
  • Total time taken is 1 hour approx. or sometimes more because I get very picky if I see some dirt on any of the body panels etc.
  • Yes they use a cloth for washing. Usually big pieces of old cotton sarees that do not give out threads when wet. The cloth is reused.
  • Cloth drying.
  • Rs. 100/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Now these are two completly contradictory Statements..
MF\Payam can you throw more light on this ?
Please go there with Rs. 150/- in your pocket because that is what you are supposed to pay. Do not start with diffidence.

Quote:
As I said they cherged me 400rs and thats not the matter of i'm none indian and ...because i went there bith a friend who is a member too and i didnt speak to them even a word and i'm surprised but the price which MF has given coz the simple car wash in my area with simple equipment costs 250 onwards and as i saw and said they are really expert and use good equipments
I think you should stop giving an excuse of your non-nationality being a reason for getting duped everywhere. I had told you the price it takes for a car wash there and you should have paid that. In and around Pune, I have never paid anything more than Rs. 200/- for a car wash. The Rs. 200/- car wash review coming up tonight with pictures.
Old 22nd November 2007, 20:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I think you should stop giving an excuse of your non-nationality being a reason for getting duped everywhere. I had told you the price it takes for a car wash there and you should have paid that. In and around Pune, I have never paid anything more than Rs. 200/- for a car wash. The Rs. 200/- car wash review coming up tonight with pictures.
This is what they charged me and james was with me.
about my nationality thats a truth and you know that,even you always keep telling me dont go there and there alone take some indian friend with yourself.this is how it is kiran and you know that its not an excuse.
Old 10th December 2007, 12:34   #21
BHPian

Feedback on Sagar washing center

Hi All,

Went to Sagar's based on the initial inputs from here. They did a thorough job...considering that the petrol pump waala then asked me if I wanted a PUC for my new car )
Old 16th December 2007, 20:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

I had taken my car to Sagar Auto care yesterday. Almost missed the place.. but luckily I had the window down and heard the sound of air and water being sprayed !! Excellent service @ Rs 250 for interior + exterior + engine wash.. I was a bit worried about water getting into the cabin via the underbody and flooding the CarPC below the front seat !! Told them about this and they took care while spraying the underbody on the left side of the car.
Old 16th December 2007, 20:55   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Excellent service @ Rs 250 for interior + exterior + engine wash..
Wonder why they charge me Rs. 150/- only for all this? Mebbe they feature me in their frequent visitors list .
Old 17th December 2007, 12:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wonder why they charge me Rs. 150/- only for all this? Mebbe they feature me in their frequent visitors list .
yeah.. I guess so. And looking at the rush, I think there are a lot of regulars who come there.
Old 18th December 2007, 16:56   #25
BHPian

Had my Corsa washed at Sagar Auto. Superb job !!
Those guys know what they are doing, and do it with all the passion !
I paid Rs.250 for a complete wash ( engine + underbody + car ) - totally worth it i say.

PS: If you want your car washed real quick and dont want to be kept waiting, go there on a odd day, afternoon preferably. My car was washed and cleaned thouroughly in abt half hr.

Thanks MF !

Last edited by hkanitkar : 18th December 2007 at 16:59.
Old 18th December 2007, 17:11   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
I paid Rs.250 for a complete wash ( engine + underbody + car )
Any resons why they have charged Rs.250 for complete wash only? The post by MF says Rs.150 for the complete wash with vacuum of interiors.

Quote:
Name: Sagar Auto Care
Rates:
  • Complete wash: Rs. 150/- (includes vacuum cleaning the interiors, underbody wash, carpet cleaning, engine bay wash, free yellow cloth, refilling windshield washer tank, etc)
  • External wash: Rs. 100/- (Wash the car body and dry it).
Old 18th December 2007, 17:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
Any resons why they have charged Rs.250 for complete wash only? The post by MF says Rs.150 for the complete wash with vacuum of interiors.
Explanation already given by MF for this .. He is a regular there. Payam got charged Rs 400 because he is Iranian. Indians.. We are like this only

Quote:
As I said they cherged me 400rs and thats not the matter of i'm none indian and ...because i went there bith a friend who is a member too and i didnt speak to them even a word and i'm surprised
I was more than happy to shell out Rs 250/- for the QoS (Quality of Service). If you are not happy, then you can always try to bring the rates down to Rs 150/-

Last edited by spadival : 18th December 2007 at 17:40.
Old 3rd January 2008, 17:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

I have had my Palio washed at Sagar, and they did a pretty good job - cost me Rs.150/- only. Maybe the varying rates have something to with teh size of the car (whether it's a hatchback or sedan etc)?
Old 5th January 2008, 14:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its a very good place for car washing,they are very expert and put their best.but last they charged me more than 250 bucks something around 400rs but still worthy.
dear payam in 400 bucks if u add more 100 bucks u will get ur car serviced in a gud authorised service station. in 500 bucks MUL people do the whole servicing plus the clean and clear washing. someone has really looted u of 400 bucks.
in aundh u get a gud washing ...vacuumising all everything along with nice dash board polishing as well as bumper polished (if black) in 120 bucks.
the same holds true every washing centre in sangvi.
Old 5th January 2008, 15:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
in aundh u get a gud washing ...vacuumising all everything along with nice dash board polishing as well as bumper polished (if black) in 120 bucks. the same holds true every washing centre in sangvi.
Where is this place exactly? Is it on the road to Medipoint Hospital?

Most Viewed