Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 12:55   #151
Senior - BHPian

^^^Thats the BPCL bunk in the corner, near the signal, right? Have you compared fuel efficiency to Shell or the RTO bunk? Asking because its closer to me than the RTO bunk... so if its the same, I could go there instead.
Old 11th June 2010, 21:58   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

My favourite petrol pumps in order of preference:

a) BP COCO at RTO
b) BP Roshni Services (K'Park)
c) HP Rashid Khodadad (K'Park)
d) HP Rashid Khodadad (East Street)
e) IOC Silver Jubilee Mtrs (East Street)

My Dad, Bro and others in my family and friends have been bought petrol from these pumps since 1980 (except BP COCO which has been a fav since the late '90s/early 2000s). The car never had a problem after a fill with fuel from these stations.

Last edited by R2D2 : 11th June 2010 at 21:59.
Old 12th June 2010, 01:00   #153
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Where is Rashid Khodadad in Koregaon Park? As far as I recall, there are only 2 bunks (HP and BP) opp. each other at the begining of North Main Rd.

I have filled in only once from the BP bunk and noted a significant drop in the fuel efficiency of my bike.

Last edited by Raccoon : 12th June 2010 at 01:01.
Old 16th June 2010, 20:37   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^ Where is Rashid Khodadad in Koregaon Park? As far as I recall, there are only 2 bunks (HP and BP) opp. each other at the begining of North Main Rd.

I have filled in only once from the BP bunk and noted a significant drop in the fuel efficiency of my bike.
Rashid is the HP petrol pump on the left as you head into K-Park. He has a branch at the very start of East Street. It is on the right as you head south towards Golibar Maidan. Just across the road is Silver Jubilee Motors' IOC outlet.

All the pumps (except COCO) I go to are run by well to do Parsi owners over gosh knows how decades. They are above adulterating fuel. Unless of course their employees are up to no good. But that too is doubtful.
Old 17th June 2010, 16:56   #155
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. Will try and check when I'm on that side of town.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:32   #156
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I always fill at BP Roshni services. So that's also parsi owned is it?
Old 16th July 2010, 13:57   #157
Senior - BHPian

How about the pumps in Hinjewadi near IT park. Fuel is a bit cheaper there due to lesser taxes. Any reccomendations?
Old 16th July 2010, 15:00   #158
Senior - BHPian

anilisanil : Shell is a good option, as there is a bunk right before the main chowk.
I have sometimes filled at the first HP bunk to the left (from wakad flyover) too, and its pretty okay. But very crowded and disorganised during some times of the day if you are in a car. Sometimes all the company buses and cabs seem to come at the same time. I used to be on a bike, so space, or lack of it didnt bother me much.
I have not heard good things about the one next to McDonalds though. Maybe someone who has used it can enlighten us.
Old 20th July 2010, 16:12   #159
BHPian

I have been regularly filling up at HP for last 1+ year - the first one after Wakad flyover towards IT Park on left side. Apart from being unorganized not much to complain about it.

The one next to McD is not so good; based on a couple of experiences there.

Shell - never filled up there.

The one I would trust any day is BP COCO opp RTO.
Old 7th August 2010, 18:11   #160
BHPian

Same here. At least for the Diesel for my Xylo. Not too choosy regarding Petrol, sometimes that HP pump or the one at Chandni Chowk before Banjara Hills depending on the day's commute.
Generally fill up on the way to work - a straight in'n'out thing.
For my 2 wheelers, mostly it's the C Chowk pump.

Thinking of switching to Shell, now that the price difference is not significant.
Old 26th August 2010, 12:49   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Thinking of switching to Shell, now that the price difference is not significant.
Yep, thats a good option.
One more reason to go to the Shell bunk is that they appear to be an equal opportunity employer. When I filled up yesterday, I was attended to by a courteous lady who multitasked quite inspite of being physically challenged.
Old 26th August 2010, 13:53   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
anilisanil : Shell is a good option, as there is a bunk right before the main chowk.
I have sometimes filled at the first HP bunk to the left (from wakad flyover) too, and its pretty okay. But very crowded and disorganised during some times of the day if you are in a car. Sometimes all the company buses and cabs seem to come at the same time. I used to be on a bike, so space, or lack of it didnt bother me much.
I have not heard good things about the one next to McDonalds though. Maybe someone who has used it can enlighten us.
I too fill from the bunk to the left from Wakad, have found certain trends for the crowdiness. It is generally more crowded on monday morning & friday morning/evening. Try using this bunk at other weekdays or if possible on weekends.

Also, I generally fill from here in afternoons if possible, when we go out for some work or lunch.
Old 18th November 2010, 09:04   #163
BHPian

Pls don't Fill up at HP pump in Aundh

Dear Pune Bhpians,
Pls don't fill up at HP pump in Aundh.
I was forced to clean my carburetor twice in the last 6 months.

I initially prefered this pump when it opened in 2005 due to its proximity of less than 500 mtrs to my residence. Only the quality of petrol was good at that time as the attendents least bothered about the customers as this a boon for Aundh residents.
I used to get a milage of 48 to 50 in my 2003 CBZ ( I used to drive 76 Kms two way to Chakan for my factory) initially. Later the quality of petrol started slowly deteriorating. My consumption increased to 41- 43 kmpl and then later fell to 38 consistenly after 6 fillings.
Remind you there was no change in my route or running and driving style. Further, my mechanic was the same guy and I used to have a regularly do the 3 month servicing.

Later I moved to Mumbai and then to Alwar in Rajasthan for my new jobs and companies where I bought a per worshiped M800. It returned a mileage of 22kmpl when I drove it back to Pune from Alwar a 1508 kms distance from my point to point.
Recalling my experience, I used to fill up at HP near Telco Material gate. But my consumption used to increase to 15 or 16kmpl when ever I used to fill in emergency at this Aundh pump. As my relatives still stay near to it, I frequenly visit this place.
Request you to pls Avoid this pump as much as possible.
Old 18th November 2010, 15:11   #164
Team-BHP Support

Been in Pune very long enough to know petrol pumps..

strict NO :

Chaturshringi
HP Aundh

Best ones :

- Autolines (HP) (infront of Agriculture college, Police ground) one of the best! my family swears by it.. to fuel up, we travel all the way from Aundh!
- BP jsut ahead Nal Stop (somewhere in front of Alurkar Music House)
Old 18th November 2010, 15:39   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Dear Pune Bhpians,
Pls don't fill up at HP pump in Aundh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Been in Pune very long enough to know petrol pumps..

strict NO :
Chaturshringi
HP Aundh
Guys I'm a bit confused. HP Aundh, is it the one on 'bhau patil road'? If not let me know the exact address/landmark.
Thanks.

Most Viewed