Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2011, 00:45   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
I normally look for the Density meter while filling petrol and I think 720 - 770 gm/ltr is good for petrol ( it varies on temperature though ). But looking at the cheating of these pumps I guess these readings are also altered. Is it possible to alter the density reading or is it computerized?
There was a discussion regarding this in some other thread. Anyway, the density reading was reported to be temp. compensated. If so, it would not depend on ambient temp.
Old 15th March 2011, 11:48   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
^^ Yes SUN. That is the one i was referring to. Could not remember the name initially.
Also, in yesterdays meet, after meeting a couple of BHPians from that side of town, they confirmed that a pump in Mundhwa area is known for good quality fuel. Not sure which Co. bunk though. You could PM fellow member (Dot) for that.
The D'mello pump looks quite 'shady' to me. There are a couple of more pumps along the same line (one HP and one BP, I think). I have tried the HP pump there and they surely try to distract you with some offers and then start filling without showing the ZERO. I will surely avoid those.

I have heard good things about some pump in Koregaon Park, but that area is far off from my new place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
@S_U_N. For the last 2+ years I have been filling up on an IOC pump on Mundhwa Road. No issues so far. Take the straight road of Koregaon Park Extention (Westin Hotel/ABC farm road) which meets Mundhwa Road, almost as a T junction. Take left and drive straight for about 1km. There will be a HP petrol pump on the left, avoid. IOC pump comes on the right side just before a new Maruti Showroom/Bank of Maharashtra building.

Thanks Swanand.
Thanks for the tip, will keep that in mind. But again, this is sort of out of bounds for me. The area that I have on my list is Viman Nagar, Airport, Nagar Road, Yervada. Going as far as Kalyani Nagar, Wadgaon Sheri might be fine in case there is a better pump there.

There is (an IOC?) pump near Gunjan theater. Any reviews on that one?

Last edited by S_U_N : 15th March 2011 at 11:50.
Old 15th March 2011, 12:19   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
IMHO , Refrain is the only word I would say . Had just filled up a couple of times from there in bike (ended up with a deep black carbon deposit ) on the spark plug with constant starting trouble / knocking. The bike was just serviced and accidentaly I filled up there , hardly a 100 odd kms and there was massive carbon deposit .

Couldn't think of anything other than bad fuel .

PS : This is the only PUMP in city limits that gives Petrol in bottles/ cans . Life Saviour at times

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 15th March 2011 at 13:02.
Old 15th March 2011, 12:55   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Never ever goto that pump.....they have cheated my friend.
Below is conversation which happened:
Attendend: how much to fill?
Friend: 1000 Rs..Normal Petrol & opened the fuel flap.
Attended: Started filling without showing zero in flip of second counter running in range of 400 ..
this made my friend suspicious....he stopped it immediately and asked "When he shown zero"...this started altercations and finally he filled till 500 Rs. Paid and never went back there.

Better fuel location for you will be KP. Twin bunk at the signal, I prefer the HP bunk there.

Last edited by shabahmad : 15th March 2011 at 12:56.
Old 15th March 2011, 14:09   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Hey JD and Swanand, I remember in our Sunday meet we are suspicious about Indian Oil Company Bunks, but there is one on Old Mumbai Pune Highway which goes by the name "SAVANI Petrol pump", i have never had quality / quantity issues with them
I have already mentioned it in this thread but a few more points to add to the Liking
1. They ask you to check for zero before filling
2. Accept Cards for payment
3. Give you options for Both Xtrapremium and Regular
4. Even when price hike is declared hey serve petrol until 10 in the night or in other case when queue is huge - till stocks last

have been using this bunk for Petrol (Last 10 years), and diesel (Last 2 years) and no complaints from bike yet

If anyone has had any issues wit this bunk please let us all know

Ditto - I too use this petrol pump regularly and havent faced any issues yet.
The only issue I faced was the Citi POC was always down. I sent an email to Citi and this seems to be working now. But the response time is still slow. It takes 5 mins to make the transaction through a citi card.

Since I would be moving to a new work place I need to find another good IO pump near Kalyani nagar.
Old 15th March 2011, 15:35   #231
BHPian

I too am looking for an IOC pump near Yerawada, Kalyani nagar.

Btw.....Rastapopoulos, were you earlier at Rasta Peth, you know i think Tintin was looking out for you. Did'nt expect to find you here in India and that too in Pune !!
Old 15th March 2011, 16:05   #232
Senior - BHPian

I hope the BP pump at koregaon park is good, cause i fill up exclusively there.
I use to fill up at the HP pump but find the entry point inconvenient.

One thing i wanted to post though a little off topic is the HP pump at the beginning of east street i.e diagonally opp silver jubilee.

Have you realized that the entry for the pump is on the wrong side, have seen many bikers, rickshaws and even cars taking a wrong turn from George restaurant into the one way, just to fill up at this pump. had spoken to the attendant once telling him how wrong this is, but he didn't seem to care. Also many vehicles take a U turn to enter the pump which is another hazard and could cause an accident. Beware!

Drive Safe!
Old 15th March 2011, 16:29   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Hey JD and Swanand, I remember in our Sunday meet we are suspicious about Indian Oil Company Bunks, but there is one on Old Mumbai Pune Highway which goes by the name "SAVANI Petrol pump"
Hello Shridhar,

Could you share where exactly on the old Pune-Mumbai highway is this pump located?

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 15th March 2011 at 16:31.
Old 15th March 2011, 18:14   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hello Shridhar,

Could you share where exactly on the old Pune-Mumbai highway is this pump located?

Cheers,
Vikram
It is next to Bajaj Tempo Showroom, Kasarwadi
Old 16th March 2011, 19:33   #235
Senior - BHPian

Filled up at the newly opened IOC bunk in Hinjewadi. At 61.1 rupees a liter, seemed reasonably enticing for me to switch loyalties from Shell.
The guy was courteous enough , asked me to check for Zero , told the rate etc . They do accept cards as well. Done about 50 Kilometers since the fill up , no noticeable difference (yet). They dont have an air pressure gauge though.

Also, this discussion on petrol density seems a bit confusing to me. The Density at this particular pump was in the range of 450 while the discussion here suggests it should be in the seven hundreds.

Or am I a bit ->
Old 29th March 2011, 12:16   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Never ever goto that pump.....they have cheated my friend.

Better fuel location for you will be KP. Twin bunk at the signal, I prefer the HP bunk there.
Koregaon Park is too far for me. I would prefer Kalyani Nagar, Viman Nagar instead. Any good bunks there atleast?
Old 29th March 2011, 13:12   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Filled up at the newly opened IOC bunk in Hinjewadi. At 61.1 rupees a liter, seemed reasonably enticing for me to switch loyalties from Shell.
The guy was courteous enough , asked me to check for Zero , told the rate etc . They do accept cards as well. Done about 50 Kilometers since the fill up , no noticeable difference (yet). They dont have an air pressure gauge though.

Also, this discussion on petrol density seems a bit confusing to me. The Density at this particular pump was in the range of 450 while the discussion here suggests it should be in the seven hundreds.

Or am I a bit ->
Are you talking about IOC ahead of Marriot Hotel. If yes, then i also started to fill from that place, attendant are OK and i think all cards are accepted there. Same Observations about density...i think its not calculated ..regarding fuel filled 3-4 times no changes while driving..
Old 29th March 2011, 13:25   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Are you talking about IOC ahead of Marriot Hotel. If yes, then i also started to fill from that place, attendant are OK and i think all cards are accepted there. Same Observations about density...i think its not calculated ..regarding fuel filled 3-4 times no changes while driving..
Yes, I am talking about the same one. Done about 400kms in my car since tanking it up, the needle is at the 30% mark. So should be no issues on the FE front. However, in my standard 80kmph at 2k RPM test (for my car), this fuel seems to be affecting it a bit...by a teeny measure.
I think I will continue filling from there, until Shell brings their prices down to realistic levels.
Old 29th March 2011, 14:37   #239
Senior - BHPian

I had filled up at shell near pimpri on my way back from the honda pimpri service station.
And it was a pleasant experience. Firstly we were greeted by a namaste.then was asked whether i wanted regular or premium petrol. After opting for regular. Zero was confirmed not once but twice. Paid by credit card. And the bill came to us no short of a five star hotel style leather folder, with our copy and their copy neatly separated and stapled.
So in the end our visit to the pump was no ordinary affair, and nothing short of our recent visit to the westin.

To be noted :
regular fuel here is approx 8 rupees more than standard petrol pumps.

Last edited by mdsaab : 29th March 2011 at 14:39.
Old 12th April 2011, 09:39   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Yes, I am talking about the same one. Done about 400kms in my car since tanking it up, the needle is at the 30% mark. So should be no issues on the FE front. However, in my standard 80kmph at 2k RPM test (for my car), this fuel seems to be affecting it a bit...by a teeny measure.
I think I will continue filling from there, until Shell brings their prices down to realistic levels.
Friends & fellow BHPians - A Word of caution for this IOC bunk: Yesterday have caught two attendants red-handed tyring to play the 'old' practice of diverting attention and not resetting the machine to 'zero'. Gave them enuf piece of mind...but I doubt they stop doing this with others since usually in the evening times, the bunk is at their mercy with no manager or owner seen in the office.

Just be cautious guys...

Till now I have filled petrol for more than 4 times there and otherwise quality of fuel is found ok...also it is 4-5 paise/liter less than other bunks in the area

Most Viewed