Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2011, 22:54   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Beware at Indian oil Karve road Petrol Pump. they cheat. when u ask them to fill 500/300/200 ka petrol. they always hear Rs. 50.

yesterday i asked him to fill Rs.300 Petrol in my pulsar and gave him 500 bucks. he asked me for change. i thought why he need change for 300 petrol.

Me- i dont have it.

then he gave me Rs. 450 back. then i saw on the screen, Rs. 50 was flashing.

Me- why are you giving me 450? i asked you to fill 300 ka petrol and you are filling 50 ka petrol. and how come you always take it as 50. This is the 5th time happening with me that i told you 500/300 and you heard Rs.50. and i didnt see 0 to 50.
HE- "Maine Set kiya hain wo already"
ME- i dont know anything i asked you to fill 300 and you are filling 50. i want 300. then he filled 250.
ME- Hey First, i didnt see 0 to 50 and my hand was on fuel tank and i did not realized anything going inside. you are cheating.
then he put more 50 and said "OK. jaao abhi" bhara hain petrol..

please beware at this petrol pump. he never put Rs. 50 petrol 1st. the 50 amount comes on the screen instantly.
tushky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 07:29   #272
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Where in this part of India you saw that lol
For that my friend, you need to Shell out more.

@Tushky, thanks for the information. Will avoid that pump.

Last edited by dot : 21st April 2011 at 07:31.
Old 21st April 2011, 12:32   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Ditto for the BP pump opposite RTO.

Cheers,
Vikram
I faced issues with this BP Pump. At first I thought may be my car was returning lesser mileage, but then I continuosly filled at HP for three toppings and fell prey to these guys again.

Incident 1: Before filling up the diesel they asked me to fill up an offer form, which I did and my car gulped 42 lts (as against 35-38 lts as norm) I thought may be lesser mileage and dismissed the probability of cheating.

Incident 2: Went there coz I was passing that way and asked to do a tankful and asked if the card was working, the guy asked me to check with an attendant away from the filling station (I was so gullible that I obliged) and by the time I returned he filled up 5 lits, this time too car gulped 43 liters .

And these were the only two ocassions when my car took in > 40lts. And I fill up when my DTE is about to reach 80 KMS, so essenitially every other factor remained same and I have to suspect these guys. So now I stick to Autolines. I may suspect my car but I cannot suspect Autolines, very reliable!

Last edited by anilisanil : 21st April 2011 at 12:33.
Old 21st April 2011, 18:29   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Beware at Indian oil Karve road Petrol Pump. they cheat. ..
the 50 amount comes on the screen instantly.
Thanks for the heads up Tushar. However, could it be possible that the first 50 is flashed immediately, as the gauge may be counting the fuel already in the dispenser+pipe ?
Does the amount change or the amount of fuel dispensed change too ?
Old 21st April 2011, 19:43   #275
Senior - BHPian

I dont know. when i saw 1st. it was 0. then he set to 50 and quickly inserted the pipe. and then he started asking for a change. i asked him to fill 300 petrol and gave him 500. he gave me 450 back. in between the amount 50 started Flashing. my hand was on fuel tank and i didnt realized any vibrations of fuel going inside. i really dont understand why he always listen Rs. 50
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:43   #276
Senior - BHPian

Small update on the twin pumps of Koregaon Park.
As mentioned in my earlier post started filling up from HP.
Noticed the idle was not as smooth, with car vibrating more and semi stall like feeling at low parking speeds. Especially when stopping to select D or R while parking.
So am back to BP now. Shall update if stalling problem gets solved.
Also noticed there is now a display at the BP pump which reads out when the fuel was last checked and the density of the same.
Pretty neat.
Drive safe!
Old 4th May 2011, 22:49   #277
BHPian

Quick Update on the BP Bunk being discussed in Hinjewadi Phase 2 , adjacent to Wipro . Have filled in a couple of times and the quantity and quality appeared consistent till time . However when fuelling up my Safari yesterday evening the trick was played . The fellow started asking for Card / Cash kinda statement , just as the other guy blocked the way of the display ,the usual practices . Literally told him " He would be trashed here itself ,stopped the fuelling immediately and gave him earful dose . The senior kinda guy who just walked past the machine , came to rescue and said " Sir ladka naya hai ,galti ho gai , rehne do , aap dekh ke bhara lo " . Finally took a tankfull (55 Ltrs) and made a move .

The catch was while getting out of the car I asked the guy "Card chalu hai " which the guy replied YES and this filling creep didn't hear and as he filled approx 500 , he started those stupid decade old tantraums.

No monetary damage was done however it appears off late they have joined the Corrupt Pump faternity or must be on the verge of joining it . Be Cautious .

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 4th May 2011 at 23:09.
jealousdiamond is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2011, 10:59   #278
dot
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @JD for sharing.

Since I have been burned several times, nowadays I dont say anything till they are ready to fill.

Then I say "full tank" while standing next to the rep all the time.
Old 5th May 2011, 13:59   #279
BHPian

Reading all these reports here is what i do, i have a standard checklist of statements which i make clear to him
1. Regular Petrol only , no extra premium
2. Is card machine working, if answer is yes then i take out the card else cash
3. Amount for which i want to fill fuel, then i look at meter till he enters amount and asks me to confirm
4. once filling is done ask for bill and then pay him cash or walk with him to the card swiping machine (there are many frauds happening where they swipe your card onto a dummy to get info etc..or a double swipe is very common)

If they are smart, we need to get smarter afterall it is our money

But honestly the IOC bunk where i have been filling for last 10 years i have never had issues with quality/quantity except one funny incident where the new attendant asked me for the pin of my maestro card for him to swipe the card
shridhar.s.i is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2011, 16:18   #280
BHPian

Gonna tank up the Xylo today. Will keep an eye open for fishy business.
Old 5th May 2011, 16:28   #281
Senior - BHPian

Looks like they are training each other on how to perform these tricks. Thankfully I have not fell prey to such tricks so far. But then for the past 5 years my car has only been to Autolines or shell while in Pune. I have always had a good experience with these guys. But even then, I stay alert all the time. You never know!
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2011, 16:58   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Looks like they are training each other on how to perform these tricks. Thankfully I have not fell prey to such tricks so far. But then for the past 5 years my car has only been to Autolines or shell while in Pune. I have always had a good experience with these guys. But even then, I stay alert all the time. You never know!
There comes the note for the MOST trusted pump
Old 5th May 2011, 18:20   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Thankfully I have not fell prey to such tricks so far. But then for the past 5 years my car has only been to Autolines or shell while in Pune. I have always had a good experience with these guys. But even then, I stay alert all the time. You never know!
I have also been refuelling only at Shell, Hinjewadi for the last 2 years, except on the trips to Mumbai wherein use the pumps on the expressway for cheaper fuel. No reason to complaint with the Shell folks except for maybe their expensive fuel.
Old 5th May 2011, 18:34   #284
Senior - BHPian

I always fill till auto cut-off. I always tell them "auto cut-off at slower dispensing speed" and they comply. Only twice while on the highway have I filled for Rs. 500 etc. I think filling till auto cut-off reduces their chances to play foul.

It has been a long while since I have been to Shell because of the higher cost. I used the shell pumps until the difference was about Rs. 2.
Old 5th May 2011, 21:01   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

You know what they say: "Trust in God but lock your car". Same goes for petrol pumps in Pune, it seems!

Am disappointed that the BP in HJW turned out just like most others but not really surprised. It's a racket, and the owners hve GOT to be involved otherwise how would these guys dare do it? Just like the logo-stealing spree, this is another instance of the Indian mentality of saying "petty crime is fine...as long as nobody gets hurt, everyone does it". When will we learn?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks