Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 12:52   #346
BHPian

Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Guys, please help. Which pumps to fill diesel in Hinjewadi? I reckon mmxylorider filled up in one of these pumps, any feedback is appreciated. Really bored to drive till autolines to fill up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
BP pump in Hinjewadi phase 2 [the one near Wipro campus],
+1 to that , tanked up yesterday only , no issues (seems to be filling full quantity at least till time )
Old 10th June 2011, 20:44   #347
Senior - BHPian

The attendants at the Baner BP Pump (opposite HDFC Bank) will try to cheat you using the distraction and start filling gas routine.

Also the Gaikwad HP Pump in Aundh (Opp Axis Bank) do the same trick at times.
Old 29th June 2011, 15:32   #348
dot
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if the the pumps have reduced prices from today?

Read in the newpapers that petrol and diesel are down by about a rupee a litre within Pune city limits, thanks to reduction of octroi.
Old 29th June 2011, 15:45   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Does anyone know if the the pumps have reduced prices from today?

Read in the newpapers that petrol and diesel are down by about a rupee a litre within Pune city limits, thanks to reduction of octroi.

Wow! Thats news to me. Which paper has this, Dot?
Is this limited to Pune city limits only, or does it include PCMC as well?
Need to check in Hinjewadi, though i doubt this would happen, as hinjewadi is outside Pune Octroi limits.

Thanks for pointing this out, Dot.
Old 29th June 2011, 15:56   #350
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Wow! Thats news to me. Which paper has this, Dot?
It came in Indian Express today. Let me see if I can find the link.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 17:07   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Hey DOT, here is the link.
PMC panel reduces petrol, diesel octroi by 1 pc - Indian Express

Though, it does say that the octroi and both petrol and Diesel has been brought down to 1% by the PMC but will only be "implemented after approval of the civic general body and the state government...."
thewhiteknight is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 17:13   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
Hey DOT, here is the link.
PMC panel reduces petrol, diesel octroi by 1 pc - Indian Express

Though, it does say that the octroi and both petrol and Diesel has been brought down to 1% by the PMC but will only be "implemented after approval of the civic general body and the state government...."
IIRC, PMC charges 2% octroi. If the proposal is to bring it down to 1%, then it is a saving of Re. 1 per litre. If they abolished/ canceled it altogether, it would mean a saving of Rs. 2 per litre.

It seems that the proposal is only for Re. 1, so I hope this is fully passed by the relevant authorities. Apparently in Rajasthan prices have been reduced (LPG reduced by something like Rs. 35, not sure about petrol)

I hope the central government takes note and does something of more significance.
Old 29th June 2011, 20:54   #353
BHPian

Petrol Filling experience at Shell Bunk

Fuel Bunk : Shell
Location: MIDC Chinchwad, next to Wonder Cars Showroom near KSB Chowk
Experience
I went to fill in fuel at shell bunk even after knowing that it would be costly (based on my previous experiences from Hinjewadi bunk),
As usual we entered the bunk and a person enquired "Petrol / Diesel", we replied "Petrol" and he guided us to the Petrol Counter, the lady quickly greeted us with a smile, i smiled back but then my eyes went onto fuel rates and it showed Rs 75.50, the smile almost vanished from my face because it was Rs 6 costlier than the IOC bunk where i usually fill her up,
But i knew the quality / quantity assurance is always there, so i said "Fill for Rs 2000"
The lady quickly reset the meter and set it to Rs 2000 and then asked me to confirm the Zero, once i nodded my head, she started filling and once the amount was reached she neatly pulled out the nozzle without much spill of fuel on car
before she asked, i said "I will pay by card", so she pointed me towards office cabin
I went in and again i was greeted with Namaste, i produced the printout and she processed the payment

My final take is, if you want to be respected as an individual and are willing to pay the extra premium for the same then visit SHELL, but for people like me who can live without that, i suggest the extra money is not really worth it given we already have decent alternatives in Pune / Pimpri; given on this very thread
shridhar.s.i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 21:38   #354
dot
Senior - BHPian

Re: Petrol Filling experience at Shell Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
then my eyes went onto fuel rates and it showed Rs 75.50, the smile almost vanished from my face because it was Rs 6 costlier than the IOC bunk
Is this the price for their Premium now? If so it has reduced from Rs78 odd, which was the rate about two months back.

Yes, Shell does treat you well. They will normally clean up the windscreen. For a full tank sometimes they would inspect all fluids in the car for free and top up stuff like coolant and wiper fluids. I remember purchasing some very well done miniature Ferrari models from the now defunct Chandan Nagar outlet. Purchasing from Shell is like purchasing a smart phone for gazillions when all you need is to call and sms.
Old 30th June 2011, 08:22   #355
Senior - BHPian

The service at shell does indeed make you feel special.
Whenever i have gone though, they bring out the check like in a hotel, which has my credit card slip, card etc and i pay it standing by the car itself.
Now with their reduced prices though it isn't so much a pinch as the earlier 10 Rupee price difference which literally made you pull out your hair.
But one thing a few of us have noticed regarding our Civic's is that they love shell petrol and infact consume more of the same.
Old 30th June 2011, 11:01   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
But one thing a few of us have noticed regarding our Civic's is that they love shell petrol and infact consume more of the same.
Shouldnt it be the other way round ?
My car knows its drinking something expensive, so it kinda sips less of it.
Old 30th June 2011, 11:11   #357
Senior - BHPian

Many moons ago, when I had a petrol car, I used to fill her up at Shell only. Chandan nagar outlet was a bliss. No traffic. Decent staff and mainly good quality fuel. Any idea, as to why they shut shop?

Also, I did check the prices of fuel at Hinjewadi. The new prices are not in effect in Hinjewadi. Much like I thought. It is only for bunks in Pune Octroi limits.
Today's TOI has the story in detail.
Old 30th June 2011, 11:17   #358
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Many moons ago, when I had a petrol car, I used to fill her up at Shell only. Chandan nagar outlet was a bliss. No traffic. Decent staff and mainly good quality fuel. Any idea, as to why they shut shop?
No customers. I used see only a few two wheelers line up there; as these guys probably care less if prices is 4/5 rupees here and there since they normally take one liter or 100 rupee worth of fuel.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 16:25   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Shouldnt it be the other way round ?
My car knows its drinking something expensive, so it kinda sips less of it.
tell me about it. but i guess these Civic's know it's something really expensive and hence consume it like it's some fine wine.
Old 1st July 2011, 09:45   #360
Senior - BHPian

Re: Petrol Filling experience at Shell Bunk

Quote:
Is this the price for their Premium now? If so it has reduced from Rs78 odd, which was the rate about two months back.
A difference of Rs. 5 per lit translates to 50 x 5 = Rs. 250 for a tank full for me.
Here, the difference is even more.
I wouldn't really spend that extra when I have probably the same fuel quality for a trusted petrol pump (with good service) - e.g. Autolines.

But that is just me.

BTW: Is there a list of known good petrol bunks along Pune Bangalore route?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks