Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2015, 14:27   #556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
PS: I am not willing to try this Essar stuff in my Linea D (multijet), till some experts assure me :-)
Am using System D in my swift D since past two years and the MJD likes it.Engine becomes smooth with good throttle response.I normally avoid filling premium fuel unless specified by the manufacturer.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 4th November 2015 at 14:29.
Old 11th April 2016, 14:10   #557
BHPian

Which petrol pump in Hinjewadi would be preferable for normal unleaded petrol - Samarth HP pump opposite Fortune or Shell pump towards Hinjewadi chowk? I am planning to refuel in Pune for my Mumbai-Goa road trip as I can pay only with credit card for my company car (not sure if other highway pumps will have card machine in use).
Old 11th April 2016, 14:33   #558
BHPian

Re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
A couple of places- near suburb dearest, Baner.

A] The Baner Petrol Pump.

https://plus.google.com/105243038577...ut?hl=en&gl=in

Okay- About a month or so ago, they did try to pull a fast one on me- First time ever. Anyways- I generally used to tank up at Autolines. For Nitrogen though, this pump is good. I generally used to frequent this place.
I pass by it everyday, but I never go there (Mauli Petrol Pump) and if I absolutely need to fill up, I do just 100 to get me safely to better pumps in the city.

Back in 2010, my FE went from 13+ to 6 after filling up there. 2 years back while on Baner Road, my car's Fuel warning light up, it was raining and traffic was bad, I decided to top up here to be on the safer side. The car ahead of me filled up only 200 (as per the meter), but this guys took 500 rupee note and didn't return back anything. The lady driver of the car just ride away. When I moved in to fill up. I filled just 100 and moved on.

I always make it a point to step out and watch the "reset to zero" and the final count. Never ever topup while sitting in the car.
Old 11th April 2016, 15:07   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
Which petrol pump in Hinjewadi would be preferable for normal unleaded petrol
For these bunks, you will have to leave NH4 bypass & drive towards hinjewadi. And doing that on a weekday in heavy traffic is a task and it's not a straight forward right turn towards hinjewadi from NH4 bypass.

Couple of options, first one is Shell bunk before hinjewadi/bhumkar chowk (right side, opposite Indira institutes) by taking service road near punawale and get onto other side via under-bridge.
Second option is Shell bunk at warje. It's on service road just before warje flyover & it's on left side for you so entry/exit won't consume much time.
Old 11th April 2016, 15:15   #560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Which petrol pump in Hinjewadi would be preferable for normal unleaded petrol - Samarth HP pump opposite Fortune or Shell pump towards Hinjewadi chowk? I am planning to refuel in Pune for my Mumbai-Goa road trip as I can pay only with credit card for my company car (not sure if other highway pumps will have card machine in use).
If Hinjewadi (Shivaji) chowk is on your daily commute, use the Shell pump located there. It is also 2/- cheaper than the Shell station along NH4 in Wakad. Be sure to be there early (they open at 8 am) because after 9, you will find it tough to merge back into the traffic.

It's a good pump, my regular top-up place for regular unleaded. Cards accepted so you should have no problem.
Old 11th April 2016, 15:55   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
It's a good pump, my regular top-up place for regular unleaded. Cards accepted so you should have no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Second option is Shell bunk at warje. It's on service road just before warje flyover & it's on left side for you so entry/exit won't consume much time.
Thanks for the inputs. I am staying in Fortune Hinjewadi the previous night. So will chose between Shell Hinjewadi or Shell Warje depending on when I get free. Is Hinjewadi Shell's price cheaper than the Warje one?
Old 11th April 2016, 16:28   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Is Hinjewadi Shell's price cheaper than the Warje one?
Yes it is.
And they open from 0600 hrs to 2230 hrs.
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 08:37   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
On sunday, I had to wait till 7am on more than one occasion for them to start their operations.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 08:52   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which petrol pump in Hinjewadi would be preferable for normal unleaded petrol - Samarth HP pump opposite Fortune or Shell pump towards Hinjewadi chowk?...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Yes it is.
Quote:
On sunday, I had to wait till 7am on more than one occasion for them to start their operations.
As others have suggested, Shell Hinjwadi is the one to use. They now have a board saying that they are OPEN 24 Hours and I just confirmed it by calling them on 9850883647.
pjbiju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 09:33   #565
BHPian

Quote:
If Hinjewadi (Shivaji) chowk is on your daily commute, use the Shell pump located there. It is also 2/- cheaper than the Shell station along NH4 in Wakad.
How and why are they selling at a lower cost?
I thought the highway one would be cheaper as its outside the PCMC limits. Right? Is the Hinjewadi one in the "Gram Panchayat" zone?
With the LBT on fuel abolished, is fule outside Corporation limits cheaper than city due to BS3 vs BS4?

A few years back the approach road for Tathawade Shell was in a bad shape. I used to avoid it and instead goto Hinjewadi when heading towards Mumbai.
Old 13th April 2016, 12:17   #566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
How and why are they selling at a lower cost?
I thought the highway one would be cheaper as its outside the PCMC limits. Right? Is the Hinjewadi one in the "Gram Panchayat" zone?
That's probably why. The BP pump in Phase 2 (near Wipro circle) is also 2/- less than other PSU pumps.
Old 26th June 2016, 20:25   #567
BHPian

Guys is petrol cheaper outside pune Limits? If yes any trusted pump on Pune Bangalore highway?
Old 25th July 2016, 11:13   #568
Senior - BHPian

Shell Hinjewadi seems to have started pulling the "Sorry sir, Power Only" trick. The price difference per liter is over Rs 10, but the actual benefits are quite minimal.
Old 26th July 2016, 08:22   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Shell Hinjewadi seems to have started pulling the "Sorry sir, Power Only" trick.
Is this only in rush hours? I haven't faced this when I fill-in petrol in afternoon, be it at hinjewadi, tathawade or warje.
Old 26th July 2016, 09:53   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Is this only in rush hours? I haven't faced this when I fill-in petrol in afternoon, be it at hinjewadi, tathawade or warje.
I faced this on Saturday Noon. Sorry Sir we have Power. I started to drive off when a reluctant manager directed me to another pump. Filled it at Rs 66.8 which is only 1 Rs more than Autolines HP.

Cheers
kutoos is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks