Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2007, 13:37   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
Ive been filling speed from the pump opposite RTO, at the end of the bridge comming from COEP.
I never felt the fuel was bad
Do not use the pump opp RTO because the ownership has changed hands. It is now owned by Ajit Pawar and is no longer a direct outlet.

Also, avoid the HP pump (I guess it is an HP pump) on the first food mall on the expressway when you go from Pune to Mumbai. I filled up Power petrol last week and the fuel was totally adulterated. The car started shuddering from next day in low RPMs. I had to get all the injectors cleaned at the Maruti workshop. When I asked the service advisor whether it smelled of kerosense, he said it was something worse. He said they poured it on the floor and it wouldn't evaporate. I suspect that it must be a mix of naptha; not sure what they use to adulterate. I'm trying to speak to the Pune regional office of HP. The Baleno and Swift are extremely sensitive to adulterated fuel. I saw an SX4 filling up before me. If there is someone on this forum who faced such an issue, please contact me.

I heard from a petrol pump owner who owns a BP outlet that they make only 3.5 paisa per litre on petrol across across all brands, including Speed. With such margins and the high sales tax in Maharashtra, fuel adulteration has become a serious issue.

Regards,

Pradeep

Last edited by pradkumar : 7th September 2007 at 13:40.
Old 7th September 2007, 15:28   #47
BHPian

i stay in pcmc area and fill up regularly at these 2 pumps :

1. Pandit automotive near Dange chowk (its enroute from dange chowk to wakad police stn)

2. IOC petrol bunk at the entrance of Nigdi from Bijalinagar.

I used to fill up regularly at the bpcl bunk opp Alfa laval on the old highway on the way to work and had a bad exp once with adulterated diesel and the car used to jerk in lower gears and rpms. have decided not to visit that bunk again.
Old 8th September 2007, 19:20   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
I read that Shell is opening its first pump on Mulshi road too. Don't know location though.
Shell has a pump on Mulshi road, on the left ahead of Manas. The super unleaded is 91 Octane. Good fuel and extremely courteous staff.

I like the pump opp RTO coz AFAIK, it's the ONLY pump in Pune to have Speed 97 i.e. 97 Octane (Rumor has it that they're thinking of a 101 Octane!). I asked one of the attendants why this was the ONLY pump and his answer was that a lot of this high Octane fuel evaporates from the underground tanks (Said they lose a 100+ liters per tankfull), and hence only the Company operated pump had this. Also obviously, there aren't many takers for the Rs. 60 per liter fule.

For the HP opp. McDonalds at Kothrud, and this is just my feeling, but I think I've always received less fuel for the price paid (my fuel gauge being the indicator). Initially I was really glad that a pump had opened up here (the Shivaji Statue petrol pump arguably being the worst in all of Pune), but that joy was shortlived.
My choice of pumps:
1. Opp RTO
2. IOC at Karve Road for the 91 ON\n
3. Shell on Mulshi road for those Lavasa Drives
Old 29th July 2008, 08:56   #49
Senior - BHPian

I used to fill up at Autolines on (1st HP Pump on the left as you join Univ Rd from FC Rd), but now they have started vending only Power, and most of the times don't accept CC payments.

I'm a little reluctant to fill up Power; hence soliciting feedback on other pumps which supply normal unleaded fuel of decent quality. 3 pumps that are not too out of the way for me, and about which I've heard good reports are the BP Pump on LB Shastri Rd near B.O.Maharashtra, BP pump on Karve Rd (2nd pump on the left after Nal Stop as you go from Paud Phata towards Deccan) & Pranav Service Station (On Sinhgad Rd, 2nd pump on the left after Rajaram Pul signal, as you go from Sinhgad towards Parvati).

If anyone has frequented any of these pumps, do let me know your feedback about the fuel quality, short changing in measurements (if any) etc.

Thanks!
Vikram
Old 29th July 2008, 11:12   #50
BHPian

I have used following bunks and my car has always returned with 17+ kmpl average. Any other bunk, is always between 15 to 16 at best.

1. BP Pump on Shastri road - I fill regular disesel here and not speed.
Pros - Good staff, accept credit card and swipes in front of you.
Cons - Always chaotic and huge line

2. HP Pump on University road opposite Agricultural college - I always fill Jurbojet here.
Pros - Excellent staff, lots of space. Accepts credit cards Cleans windshield
Cons - None so far

3. HP Pump on Hinjewadi road after you have crossed the flyover over Bypass.
Pros - Good Staff, Accepts credit card, less price than Pune bunks
Cons - Most of the time, he runs out of fuel ( when I asked him why when I faced this situation couple of times - the attendent answered that IT companies pickup huge amounts of diesel for their generators.)

Last time I tried Sai Petrol Pump (HP) on Bypass road as I was desperately low on diesel and Hinjewadi guy did not have fuel. This one is not the one opposite Indira Institute, but the one ahead of it towards Expressway. I got good mileage from him as well.

Frankly, couple of times I tried BP ( I was ardent fan of BP ), the one opposite RTO, but frankly, I did not get good mileage from him, so I stopped filling there.

One point common to all the good bunks I mentioned above, car runs super smooth with good pickup, I guess, hallmark of good fuel.

takecare and drive safely
Old 29th July 2008, 11:48   #51
BHPian

The only 2 pumps I trust are:

Rashid Khodadad Camp
Rashid Khodadad Koreagaon park

The diesel here is suerly much better than anything I have filled from other pumps anywhere in the city. I am talking about Normal diesel.
As thats the Juice that suites my Beast!

Cheerio!
Old 29th July 2008, 12:38   #52
BHPian

Traditionally the best pump in Pune is said to be the one in front of the Mahindra showroom near MG road. Think its IOC, not sure. This place always has a long queue and the fuel gets over very quickly.
Otherwise the best fuel is the BP Coco opposite the RTO and the BP one in Koregaon Park.

The worst fuel IMO is the IOC one in Hinjewadi, where the CCD is located. I had been filling there regularly for about a month, because the fuel there is cheaper than the rest of Pune. One day while riding, my bike stopped in the middle of the road and refused to start. I dragged it to a mechanic who blew air into the carb, removed the dirt that had clogged it, and then i was shocked to see almost a litre of water flowing out. Yes, a full litre of water! The mechanic said a lot of pumps mix water with petrol, but even he had never seen anything like this. I went to the pump straight from there and told the manager about this, but he obviously outright refused to admit that their fuel was adulterated. I even wrote to TOI about it, but the didn't publish the letter. Needless to say, I never filled fuel from there again. I dont know what other's experiences have been at this pump.
Old 29th July 2008, 23:20   #53
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post

If there is someone on this forum who faced such an issue, please contact me.

i had major problem in my baleno after filling petrol from the HP pump at the expressway u talking about (the 1st pump on expressway from pune to mumbai)

this happened during the rainy season in 2006 to my baleno...
after i filled petrol the car just refused to start then the driver started checking if something was wrong with the car but just then we saw that there were couple of more cars around refused to start after they put the fuel and then there were around 8-10 cars which were stalled completely helpless in the middle of the highway....

Firstly the staff didnt agree that there is some problem with the fuel but after some fights (verbal and punches ) they agreed that it is their problem..

They were ready to compensate then...

we took everything on a HP letterhead..

the car was towed to mumbai - expenses paid by HP
car was given to vitesse - bill cleared by HP
+ 5k compensation

The fuel wasnt adultrated but contained 70% of water

hence forth, i havent got fuel from that pump
Old 30th July 2008, 09:31   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post

The fuel wasnt adultrated but contained 70% of water
See thats just what I was saying in my post below. Its one thing to adulterate the fuel with kerosene, which many pumps do, in varying degrees. But water . Something really ought to be done about it. The government and the fuel companies (BP, HP, IOC) should randomly check all pumps and severely penalise any pump which is found to be selling adulterated fuel.
Old 31st July 2008, 12:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

The first HP pump on the left in Hinjewadi, after the flyover is always very crowded, especially when the construction mixers/dump trucks/buses/cabs come in droves to fill up. The queue creates a jam on the road too. I never knew it was as bad as suggested here.
How is the pump next to McDonalds ?
There is a new Shell pump opening up a bit further up the road after the HP pump.
Old 31st July 2008, 13:13   #56
Senior - BHPian

Personally, don't trust any HP pump in Hinjewadi or on that bypass road, use it only in emergencies.
Even I am looking forward to that new Shell pump on road to Hinjewadi. Looks like it would not take more than two months for it to become operational.

@ vikram18:

Do we have shell out more money per litre of petrol at Shell outlet? What's your experience at Shell outlet on mulshi road?
Old 31st July 2008, 16:20   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
How is the pump next to McDonalds ?
The one next to McDonalds is better than the first one. Havent had any bad experiences with the petrol at this place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post

Do we have shell out more money per litre of petrol at Shell outlet? What's your experience at Shell outlet on mulshi road?
Yup petrol at Shell is on average Rs 10 more expensive than petrol at other outlets. Thats because petrol from the PSUs is subsidised. Probably the reason for Reliance shutting down all their pumps, nobody went there!
Old 31st July 2008, 17:00   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkavthekar View Post
Last time I tried Sai Petrol Pump (HP) on Bypass road as I was desperately low on diesel and Hinjewadi guy did not have fuel.
Petrol at Sai services is cheaper by about Rs 2 since they are out of Pune (and PCMC) city limits. I am a regular there except for last month when they ran out of petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
There is a new Shell pump opening up a bit further up the road after the HP pump.
Dont expect it to open any time soon !!! I have a feeling that the pump is ready, but they wont bother opening it because they will hardly have any customers.
Old 31st July 2008, 18:39   #59
BHPian

Great inputs by everyone.!

Can we compile a list of all CO or COCO pumps in pune?
I believe getting the fuel form these is the safest bet.
Old 2nd January 2009, 09:35   #60
Senior - BHPian

New Year Treat from Shell

Shell petrol pump on road towards Hinjewadi is operational now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks