Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 18:09   #76
Senior - BHPian

The shell bunk coming near Magarpatta is not started yet. If you can go 4-5 kms further, there is one more shell pump at the end of that road.

@Raccoon: I dont exactly know because I even drove very sedate. I got an average of 10.50 using Shell Super + Sedate driving. On regular petrol with regular driving, I get between 9 - 9.5.
Old 28th January 2009, 15:13   #77
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody from Pune know any COCO (Company owned, company operated) petrol bunks in Pune?

I only know the BPCL bunk opp. RTO. But its quite far for me... so was wondering if there are good alternatitives.

Please do also mention your experience/opinion/etc at the place too. Thats esp. with respect to the petrol quality.
Old 1st February 2009, 01:58   #78
Senior - BHPian

^^^Nobody knows a single other company operated bunk??? :(
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:39   #79
BHPian

Bad Experience at the Pump after the left turn from chandni chowk - towards Pirangut.filled 10 litres in Palio of my colleague. By the end of the day the warning light (little spray type red light which comes on when the car is switched on) which goes away in a few seconds - DID NOT go away and stayed on all through out the time the car was used.

Tool the car to BU Bhandari Wakad, checked the ECU and found that due to super-bad quality of petrol, there was an error in the ECU and hence the light was not going off.

Rectified the same and error was erased. car is fine and fit now.

Amazed at the bad quality of the petrol that can cause an error or malfunction in the ECU!!!!

Please avoid this pump at all cost.

Regards
Soumo.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:49   #80
Senior - BHPian

also avoid the HP pump at deccan. and i dont know the name but the pump near the DY patil college , the next chowk and even near phugewadi
Old 6th January 2010, 15:38   #81
BHPian

Reliable Petrol Pumps in Pune

Hi,
I recently did a first servicing of my punto and the service advisor recommended to try changing the petrol pump am using as it might be slightly adulterated.
I used to fill up at Bharat Petroleum Pump in Baner, Pune.
he has not recommended any near by but more on the shivajinagar side and the sai service station on the highway to mumbai.

Wanted to check with other tbhpians in pune, where do they trust their cars?

Regards
paritosh
Old 6th January 2010, 15:55   #82
BHPian

Paritosh:

I am sure you would have got your Punto servicd by BUB. I am also pretty sure that you would have complained about engine noise or pickup or something that relates to the engine.

Not saying that the BP pump in Baner may not have issues, but BUB SA's will give you the same feedback even if you fill diesel direclty from the oil wells

I trust Shell and will recommend that over all other bunks any day!
Old 6th January 2010, 16:18   #83
Senior - BHPian

Anybody has had any experience with the Servo bunk around the middle of Karve Road? Or the HP on the opposite side?
Old 6th January 2010, 16:47   #84
BHPian

Raccoon if you are asking about the petrol pump (s) (2 on the left, right next to each other and one opposite - Excel) on Karve road just after the Nal Stop signal, then all of them are quite reliable. My sister fills up at that place each time and I have often used them too.

paritosh, relatively close to baner (not too close) would be the pump on the road to CC (in Bavdhan) which is quite good. That is my regular pump.

Ferrari1976, Shell is indeed good (I guess you mean the one at Wakad or Hinjwadi ph1) So how did you manage when there were no Shells around?
Old 6th January 2010, 16:50   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Anybody has had any experience with the Servo bunk around the middle of Karve Road? Or the HP on the opposite side?
hp is good. many people fill in there. servo is ok sorts. dont see much public there. there a BP pump too there. that is also not much crowded.
Old 6th January 2010, 16:53   #86
BHPian

When Shells were not around, I had an Indica DLS. For Indica all the bunks were same and I made sure that I used System-D. But preferred Autolines on the University road.

Yeah, I use the Shell bunk in Hijewadi.
Old 6th January 2010, 16:57   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast lane View Post
Bad Experience at the Pump after the left turn from chandni chowk - towards Pirangut
+1.
This was a dingy place even in ~2001. Back then I had a Yamaha RXZ. Did mistake of filling about a liter from this pump. Bike coughed and choked till the last drop. Never visited again.

Stay away from the BPCL pump on Bombay-Pune road near Shivajinagar two-wheeler subway (adjacent to shoppers stop). They are masters of short fuel dispensing.

Stay away from shri seva (IOCL) pump, opposite e-sqaure on university road, though, they are open 24hrs (only one in my neighborhood). They had dispensed less fuel on couple of occasions I visited them. Stopped going there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
...preferred Autolines on the University road
+1. When not using Shell, usually I fill at Club HP (opposite agriculture college) at junction of FC Road + Univeristy road. No complaints so far- except a long queue always.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 6th January 2010 at 16:59. Reason: combine posts
Old 6th January 2010, 17:14   #88
Senior - BHPian

Not surprising, I see the mention of Petrol Pump near St. Mary's on Solapur road.
Twice, I have seen getting less km for fuel filled.

Its now struck off, unfortunately, on both occasions all the other in the area were shut.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:44   #89
BHPian

i am filling petrol in my GetZ and my bullet from Baner petrol pump from last 2 year. But never had any issue.

But not confirmed that pump adulterated the petrol.
BTW how can we check if the petrol is adulterated or not?
Old 7th January 2010, 09:56   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Paritosh:

I am sure you would have got your Punto servicd by BUB. I am also pretty sure that you would have complained about engine noise or pickup or something that relates to the engine.

Not saying that the BP pump in Baner may not have issues, but BUB SA's will give you the same feedback even if you fill diesel direclty from the oil wells

I trust Shell and will recommend that over all other bunks any day!
yes, as a matter of fact i did complain about engine murmur at less than 2000rpm for 3-4 gear.
Still to rule out that possibility , would need to try different pump as well. Will check out the ones mentioned by Abhay as well.
cheers
paritosh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks