Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 11:03   #91
BHPian

The one in banner is also good.
Old 7th January 2010, 17:27   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Raccoon if you are asking about the petrol pump (s) (2 on the left, right next to each other and one opposite - Excel) on Karve road just after the Nal Stop signal, then all of them are quite reliable. My sister fills up at that place each time and I have often used them too.

paritosh, relatively close to baner (not too close) would be the pump on the road to CC (in Bavdhan) which is quite good. That is my regular pump.

Ferrari1976, Shell is indeed good (I guess you mean the one at Wakad or Hinjwadi ph1) So how did you manage when there were no Shells around?
Yes, am referring to those three. Have you compared the mileage? I have filled in from the Servo on emergency situation, and did not really notice any perceptible change in either bikes or car. Have not been able to compare the mileage properly, so won't comment on that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
hp is good. many people fill in there. servo is ok sorts. dont see much public there. there a BP pump too there. that is also not much crowded.
True, I have always noticed the max crowd at the HP bunk compared to the other two. Long ago, that HP bunk definitely used to be a bad idea to go to. Maybe its different now. Maybe will try it out... but I'm scared to try out petrol from anywhere except Shell and the BPCL RTO bunk.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:21   #93
BHPian

Sorry Racc, I have not compared the mileage, infact I have not checked the mileage of my car in years to be honest
Old 21st January 2010, 11:45   #94
BHPian

Alert : Avoid filling in your vehicles especially Cars from the HP Petrol Pump on the Hinjewadi road ( Opp Mariott , CCD one ) . These people are real cheats , I have personally thrashed them two times for filling less . Usual practise for them . A request Stay Away until you really are low on fuel . All they have to do is say Sorry and fill teh deficit quickly .

Though fuel is chep by 3-4 Rs due to the bunk falling outside PMC limits , not worth it , you end up paying the same .

Recomended :

1) Shell petrol bunk just before Hinjewadi Chowk . Full in quantity and Quality . though pricning a bit on teh higher side .
2) HP Auto Lines - Just as we take left from the FC College road , Full satisfaction gauranteed , seen many Team BHP-ians filling in there .
Old 21st January 2010, 12:10   #95
BHPian

{HP Auto Lines - Just as we take left from the FC College road , Full satisfaction gauranteed , seen many Team BHP-ians filling in there .}

I think this pump is near AG college flyover. Yes this petrol pump is better then E-Squer pump.

Dont fill in E-Squer pump. Those guys are the worst in pune. Always cheat to customers. Once they fill petrol for 200 and charge me 500. After thrashing, they told me it was a mistake and fill the remaining amount.

It seems the owner also have percentage from this income. Bcus when i complained regarding this matter with him, he just gave me a wicked smile and tell me that it happens some time and told his guys to fill the remaining amount.

Some people near to that pumpsaid me that this thing are well known to the owner and he gets percentage from this profit.
Old 23rd January 2010, 19:04   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Recomended :
2) HP Auto Lines - Just as we take left from the FC College road , Full satisfaction gauranteed , seen many Team BHP-ians filling in there .
Where exactly is this pump? I can recall only one pump on FC rd, which is at Dynaneshwar Paduka Chowk. Is that the one?

Again, have you compared the fuel efficiency you get at this bunk with Shell, etc? I go all the way to the RTO BPCL bunk... aso if the one you mention is equally good (I'd doubt it), then it would save me from going all the way to RTO.
Old 23rd January 2010, 20:17   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Alert : Avoid filling in your vehicles especially Cars from the HP Petrol Pump on the Hinjewadi road ( Opp Mariott , CCD one ).
Well, I don't trust any HP pump in Hinjewadi area or for that matter on bypass road. Use it only in emergencies. Have posted this few pages back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Where exactly is this pump? I can recall only one pump on FC rd, which is at Dynaneshwar Paduka Chowk. Is that the one?
I guess, he had meant HP Pump on University road opposite Agricultural college.
Old 23rd January 2010, 20:34   #98
BHPian

I strictly fill from 4 petrol pumps in Pune:

1. Shell petrol pump in Hinjewadi
2. Petrol pump on FC road at dnyaneshwar paduka chowk
3. Shell petrol pump at Kharadi
4. BP company owned petrol pump near RTO

and sometimes at autolines (on Ganeshkhind road near Agricultural College Flyover).

This is by trial and experimentation over 15 years with various 2 and 4 wheelers.
Old 24th January 2010, 00:01   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
I strictly fill from 4 petrol pumps in Pune:

1. Shell petrol pump in Hinjewadi
2. Petrol pump on FC road at dnyaneshwar paduka chowk
3. Shell petrol pump at Kharadi
4. BP company owned petrol pump near RTO

and sometimes at autolines (on Ganeshkhind road near Agricultural College Flyover).

This is by trial and experimentation over 15 years with various 2 and 4 wheelers.
Yes i think you mentioned all the best petrol filling stations in pune.
I agreed with the list. I have also tried most of the pump as listed by you. They are good in comparison to others. Thanks for sharing the list.
Old 26th January 2010, 01:29   #100
Senior - BHPian

So the bunk (BPCL, if I recall correct) at dynaneshwar paduka chowk is really good? Have you guys compared the mileage after filling that with Shell or the RTO bunk?

Anybody has any comments about Kulkarni (Premier Service something) at the begining of Laxmi Road?

I am mainly asking about petrol quality and quantity. Service issue is secondary.
Old 26th January 2010, 07:26   #101
Senior - BHPian

There is Shell bunk in Kharadi before Zensar Technologies and frankly thats all I care about when I am in Pune.
Old 26th January 2010, 13:31   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
So the bunk (BPCL, if I recall correct) at dynaneshwar paduka chowk is really good? Have you guys compared the mileage after filling that with Shell or the RTO bunk?

Anybody has any comments about Kulkarni (Premier Service something) at the begining of Laxmi Road?
Yes the one at DP chowk is good (incidentally I think the owner here too is some Kulkarni - maybe a diff one though) and he is reputed to not adulterate the fuel. I have got similar mileage from this bunk and shell at Hinjewadi. With the RTO one, my mileage varies so that makes me a bit unsure about the quality even though its company owned.

Also, another thing to note is that a few years back I remember my sis's scooty always used to have probs when the fuel was filled at other pumps. The mechanic always used to say - saab carb mein kachra hai. However after she started filling exclusively at the DP chowk pump, these issues disappeared.

About the one at start of laxmi rd - sorry no idea.

The one to really avoid is the one near ITI road in aundh (popularly called gaikwad petrol pump).

Disclosure: I have no connection formal or otherwise with any of these petrol pumps other than as a customer .
Old 26th January 2010, 15:31   #103
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Thanks! I guess I'll give the DP chowk one a try... as its closer than going all the way to RTO. Problem with shell bunks is that they are all on the outskirts of the city. :(

And yes, quite sometime ago, when my dad used to fill up from assorted places, there used to be a lot of particulate matter in the petrol... and used to choke up the carb in the same way. So we get petrol which is not just adulterated with liquids but with solid matter also.

For that reason, I frequently check the tank of my bikes (with a flashlight) for any particulate matter. But since I'v been filling up almost only from RTO and sometimes Shell, I have not found any significant debris.

I'm really surprised... don't the dispensers have some kind of filter in them, which could filter the petrol even if the storage tank is dirty?
Old 26th January 2010, 17:22   #104
Senior - BHPian

BP Bunks Makeover!

Of late, I have noticed that all the BP bunks in Pune (except a few like Mehrofi on University Road and the one near the Wakdewadi 2 wheeler subway) are remodelled. They have stopped selling IFTEK additives. And there is a perceptible change in the way they attend - a sign of being a COCO? Can't compare them to Shell, who are the best when it comes to serving customers, IMHO.

My trusted bunks? Autolines (HP) on Universiy Road; Shell on the highway before Ravet; BP near Dapodi on Old Mumbai Pune Road and the one the expressway after the tollcenter before entering Pune. I use this technique - whenever I am these areas near these bunks, I simply fill the tank to the max! Saw a Shell bunk getting ready near Kasarwadi - hope it opens soon.
Old 27th January 2010, 15:44   #105
Senior - BHPian

Shell service is definitely better than any PSU. However, in recent times I have seen some laxness in the service... like having no attendant to fill air, etc. Also, the prices when hiked make it unviable to use at times.

I wonder why they have shopped stocking IFTEX... I been looking for it without success since the last month or so. :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks