Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2010, 15:45   #166
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Guys I'm a bit confused. HP Aundh, is it the one on 'bhau patil road'? If not let me know the exact address/landmark.
Thanks.
It is the one very close to Anandban Club..
Supposed you are goin from DP Rd (Development Plan rd); you pass Shiv Sagar and then DAV school on your left; then at the T-junction, turn left, pass BSNL Aundh office on your left, then Clarion Park..

The HP that you get is the one you shouldn't fill at..
Old 18th November 2010, 17:30   #167
BHPian

Petrol Pumps

My general observation is -

In general BP pumps are good HP you need to search good ones.

I had good experience -

Kulkarni - laxmi road (the best and also open from 4 in the morning till midnight)
Kulkarni - FC road near Dnyaneshwar Paduka Chowk
Autolines - Ganeshkhind Road
BP - Shastri Road (Navi peth)
Select BP - Karve Road opp Ranka Jwellers
Daulat - on Mulshi road 4 km from Chandani Chowk

Very Bad experience -

HP at Kothrud (Shivaji statue)
Chaturshringi
IOL Chandani Chowk
Hp opp Abhinav on Tilak Road
One on east street corner opp Silver Jubulee auto.
Old 18th November 2010, 18:09   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Supposed you are goin from DP Rd (Development Plan rd); you pass Shiv Sagar and then DAV school on your left; then at the T-junction, turn left, pass BSNL Aundh office on your left, then Clarion Park..

Got it. Thanks.
By the way I always fill at HP Bopodi though there is one on Bhau Patil Road, not sure if its HP or BP, which everyone I know asked me not to go to.
Old 18th November 2010, 20:07   #169
naj
BHPian

Hi,
Nasarwan Petrol pump is another good Bharat Pet Pump at Satar Road near KK market.
One thing I have found out is that most IOC outlets do not have non premium petrol in stock and invariably one has to fill'er up the not required premium grade.

There is no problem as such with the BP ones.
Have any one of you faced the same in Pune.

Cheers,
Naj
Old 29th November 2010, 17:10   #170
BHPian

The nearest Land mark is Reliance fresh. Its just visible from that. on one side you have a road which goes to Seasons appartment hotel.
The other side meets the Medipoint road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Guys I'm a bit confused. HP Aundh, is it the one on 'bhau patil road'? If not let me know the exact address/landmark.
Thanks.
This is a more exact guidance to that Pump.
Thanks Libranof1987.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th November 2010 at 22:54. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 21st December 2010, 15:32   #171
Senior - BHPian

Re: Petrol Pumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
My general observation is -
Very Bad experience -
HP at Kothrud (Shivaji statue)
IOL Chandani Chowk
If we have a poll for the worst pumps in Pune, expect these two to be top of the list purely for top notch adulteration. I remember reading once in Readers Digest about an incident where a fire was averted in the Kothrud Shivaji statue pump. Apparently, the petrol pump had an area where they lit up agarbatti/ diya everyday
Old 21st December 2010, 20:22   #172
Senior - BHPian

re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

^^ I believe that incident was caused by a stray rocket during diwali hitting the tanker as it was emptying its contents in the pump.
The RD article (or was it the papers?) was I think about the tanker driver's bravery as to how he risked his life by driving the tanker to a safe distance immediately avoiding a major disaster.

For many years, this was the only pump in whole of Kothrud, so it enjoyed a monopoly. Ditto for the one in Chandani Chowk, which we had a very bad experience with , many years back, when we had an M800.

EDIT : For the moment, I am happy with Shell. However, they revised their rates by about Rs2 for unleaded and about 3-4 bucks for premium.

Last edited by sajo : 21st December 2010 at 20:23.
Old 21st December 2010, 21:33   #173
Senior - BHPian

Mods: lease delete this message. Posted by mistake.

Last edited by SPARKled : 21st December 2010 at 21:37.
Old 21st December 2010, 21:33   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
Hi,
Nasarwan Petrol pump is another good Bharat Pet Pump at Satar Road near KK market.
One thing I have found out is that most IOC outlets do not have non premium petrol in stock and invariably one has to fill'er up the not required premium grade.

Cheers,
Naj
Exactly my observations with most of the Indian Oil pumps. Oddly this is true even in Mumbai.
Old 22nd December 2010, 18:08   #175
BHPian

An IOC pump and a BP pump opening up shortly in Hinjewadi. I hope competition drives them to stock up quality fuel.
Old 8th January 2011, 13:38   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Shell petrol pump in Hinjewadi Ph 1 is the only one I trust anymore. They *insist* on me checking for zero before starting, are polite and professional and I get more mileage and smoother drive when I use their fuel. What happened last night took the cake: I handed over my credit card after fuelling up and as usual drove up to the tyre filling section. But there was a line of 2-3 vehicles there so I changed my mind and drove off instead. Totally forgot that I hadn't signed the slip or collected my card back- only realised that later in the evening when I was paying a restaurant bill and found a credit card missing! Anyway, drove back there but they'd shut for the night, told the watchman what had happened and this morning went there, signed the slip and collected my card, which they'd carefully kept aside for me. I was apologetic but they were most delightful about the whole thing- it helps that I only fill up over there and they know me by face (now by name!) A most pleasant experience indeed.
FTR, Shell charges 62.75 for a litre of regular petrol, which is higher than what the PSU pumps charge (approx by 5% on average with variations). But I prefer these guys because almost every PSU pump runs the "divert and cheat" scam which I hate!
Old 11th January 2011, 10:48   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Shell petrol pump in Hinjewadi Ph 1 is the only one I trust anymore. They *insist* on me checking for zero before starting, are polite and professional and I get more mileage and smoother drive when I use their fuel. What happened last night took the cake: I handed over my credit card after fuelling up and as usual drove up to the tyre filling section. But there was a line of 2-3 vehicles there so I changed my mind and drove off instead. Totally forgot that I hadn't signed the slip or collected my card back- only realised that later in the evening when I was paying a restaurant bill and found a credit card missing! Anyway, drove back there but they'd shut for the night, told the watchman what had happened and this morning went there, signed the slip and collected my card, which they'd carefully kept aside for me. I was apologetic but they were most delightful about the whole thing- it helps that I only fill up over there and they know me by face (now by name!) A most pleasant experience indeed.
FTR, Shell charges 62.75 for a litre of regular petrol, which is higher than what the PSU pumps charge (approx by 5% on average with variations). But I prefer these guys because almost every PSU pump runs the "divert and cheat" scam which I hate!
Thats a nice experience that you had at the hinjewadi pump. It would be good if you can give the exact location of the pump as I might be interested in filling in from there when I am in Pune. Also what is the current prices of Diesel at the Shell bunks, can you please post that too. Thanks - Kailash
Old 11th January 2011, 14:15   #178
Senior - BHPian

^^^ 47+ ON SHELL BUNK in hinjewadi
Old 11th January 2011, 16:38   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
Hi,

Cheers,
Naj
The IOC pump near Nashik Phata at Kasarwadi on the old Mumbai-Pune highway is very good. They stock regular fuel more than 90% of the time. And the staff are very honest too, they always use the digital keypad to dispense fuel. Also, no issues with fuel quality. Whenever I travel through that part of town, I make it a point to buy fuel from there, even I may not be in immediate need of fuel. Gives me peace of mind.

- Bullitt.
Old 14th January 2011, 15:33   #180
Senior - BHPian

Which petrol pump has a reliable air pressure gauge ?
A couple of weeks ago, I filled in from a tyre shop somewhere along the NH9 on my way back to Pune.
However, today morning at the shell bunk in Hinjewadi, what their gauge showed left me shocked :
LHS Front : 41 PSi , LHS Rear : 28 PSi, RHS Front : 50 PSi , RHS rear : 33 PSi. This, when I had looked over the tyre guy's shoulder to ensure 30 PSi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks