Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2011, 12:07   #181
BHPian

re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Tanked up my rides yesterday and today at the new BP pump en route to Hinjewadi. It's less crowded, attendants are polite (for now!) and insist on the zero check. No hanky panky around diverting attention and all that.
Diesel = Rs 41 Rs
Petrol (regular) - Rs 61.18

Let's see how the quality measures up. I have been tanking up at the HP pump all this while.
Old 18th January 2011, 12:14   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Tanked up my rides yesterday and today at the new BP pump en route to Hinjewadi......Let's see how the quality measures up. I have been tanking up at the HP pump all this while.
@mmxylorider - Could you please tell me where this new BP pump is located?
Old 18th January 2011, 12:39   #183
BHPian

^^^
The new BP pump is located on the way to ph II, almost opposite to ICICI Bank.
Old 18th January 2011, 13:13   #184
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Thanks WDM007. If mmxylorider and other Puneite forum members give a thumbs up to the quality of fuel dispensed at this pump, it'll be very convenient for tanking up my vehicle.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 18th January 2011, 15:46   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

^^It really is conveniently located. Will probably start filling there sooner or later.
Old 18th January 2011, 22:17   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Tanked up my rides yesterday and today at the new BP pump en route to Hinjewadi. It's less crowded, attendants are polite (for now!) and insist on the zero check. No hanky panky around diverting attention and all that.
Diesel = Rs 41 Rs

Let's see how the quality measures up. I have been tanking up at the HP pump all this while.
Few additional observations regarding this pump.
1. No facility yet for air check
2. Cards (including petrocard) not accepted. Apparently they do not have the swiper-thingy yet.
3. Hi-speed diesel is not available
Old 19th January 2011, 10:22   #187
Senior - BHPian

This might be a repeat, but the HP petrol pump on the Pune University road to the left of FC road junction is my favorite.

First of all, I always get my surcharge back on this pump always when I use my ICICI-HP Gold card. Recently, ICICI declared that surcharge cash-back will work on only selected HP pumps having ICICI swipe machine.

So 2 weeks back, when I went for a tank-full of petrol at this pump, the attendant at the pump told me himself, that "the ICICI swipe machine is not working and you might not get the surcharge back using your credit card". No attendant on any other pump has ever been so knowledgeable and honest. Atleast, I have never met any attendant till date in my 6 years of driving exp.

So just for this honesty, I filled tank full at this pump and paid him cash instead of using card.
Old 19th January 2011, 11:27   #188
BHPian

Don't trust the petrol pump opposite to Marriott Courtyard on the way to Hinjewadi. My colleagues and I have faced the issue that the petrol pump attendant starts filling up without showing "zero" on the meter. Also they do this when one walks up and says that they have ICICI credit card machine. I have a platinum card which is good for any petrol pump to get back the surcharge.
When this petrol stealing incident happened I had lodged a complaint with HP on their website after which the dealer personally mailed me saying that he would re-imburse me with 500 rs worth of petrol for this.
Anyway I have stopped using it at all. But similar incidents have taken place with few of my colleagues in my office as well so I had encouraged them to complain as well which they did and got prompt responses from HP folk apart from apologies from the petrol pump owner.

I trust the HP petrol pump near Agriculture college on the way to University. its big , the people are professional , he fills nitrogen , has a good setup for PUC as well and opens early in the morning.
Old 19th January 2011, 15:37   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Which petrol pump has a reliable air pressure gauge ?
A couple of weeks ago, I filled in from a tyre shop somewhere along the NH9 on my way back to Pune.
However, today morning at the shell bunk in Hinjewadi, what their gauge showed left me shocked :
LHS Front : 41 PSi , LHS Rear : 28 PSi, RHS Front : 50 PSi , RHS rear : 33 PSi. This, when I had looked over the tyre guy's shoulder to ensure 30 PSi.
Try Out HP Auto Lines on the University Road , just under the first Flyover while coming from Shivaji Nagar Opp Agriculture College Main Gate . Have been using the bunk for almost 5 years now . Tension free feulling be it diesel or petrol , correct air pressure always .
Old 19th January 2011, 15:57   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post

I trust the HP petrol pump near Agriculture college on the way to University. its big , the people are professional , he fills nitrogen , has a good setup for PUC as well and opens early in the morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Try Out HP Auto Lines on the University Road , just under the first Flyover while coming from Shivaji Nagar Opp Agriculture College Main Gate . Have been using the bunk for almost 5 years now . Tension free feulling be it diesel or petrol , correct air pressure always .

Gosh! All of us are talking about the same petrol pump. Now you all know, why it is reliable.
Old 19th January 2011, 16:19   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Gosh! All of us are talking about the same petrol pump. Now you all know, why it is reliable.
Completely agree. Used that pump for 10years. We have literally driven down from Aundh to Autolines just to fill fuel.

I don't know if it is still there now, but till we were in Pune, Autolines even had a setup to charge batteries (you'd have to leave them overnight) and a mechanic to sort out minor problems.

That is one pump which I have found open at least for a little time at night when a fuel hike is announced for the next day.

It's spacious, 2 outlets for Air and good service.
Old 19th January 2011, 16:32   #192
Senior - BHPian

Yes. Autolines is a good pump. That is the only pump (other than Shell pumps) I have used to fill up my car in Pune. What I tell them is "Full tank, auto cut-off, slow filling speed" and they oblige.
  • The person attending your car always asks you to look at the zero before they start dispensing the fuel.
  • No interruption about cash/card etc. while the fuel is being filled.
  • They ask you cash or card before you fill and they inform you if you are using ICICI card and if their ICICI machine is not working.
  • They have multiple card swiping machines affiliated to different banks.
  • You can get the PUC check done
  • You can fill air/nitrogen (I have never used this facility since I do this myself)
  • There is a pizza joint if you need something to eat
  • They open early and close late
Old 19th January 2011, 16:57   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Diesel = Rs 41 Rs

Can you ellaborate on the results from the filling . Its next to my office , yet to try after I get some positive feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Completely agree. Used that pump for 10years. We have literally driven down from Aundh to Autolines just to fill fuel.

I don't know if it is still there now, but till we were in Pune, Autolines even had a setup to charge batteries (you'd have to leave them overnight) and a mechanic to sort out minor problems.

That is one pump which I have found open at least for a little time at night when a fuel hike is announced for the next day.

It's spacious, 2 outlets for Air and good service.
Thats how trusted it is , as has been revealed in this forum till now . I still drive down all the way long from Kalyani Nagar to fuel up .

Absolutely ,they don't close the pump for predicted price hikes to stock up fuel.

I don't think they have some battery charging setup / mechanic for tune ups now , but still should be termed as THE BEST bunk in Pune .
Old 20th January 2011, 12:03   #194
BHPian

As far as New petrol pump in Hinjewadi is concerned, I wish to ask if is it safe to fill fuel from a new pump ?

I mean, will there be any fuel contamination from the new tanks, pipelines etc ?

Should I wait for a month or so to start filling from new pump ?
Old 24th January 2011, 20:54   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Diesel = Rs 41 Rs

Update:
I've driven about 250 km so far in my Estilo. Have not tanked up yet to determine FE, but nothing to indicate bad fuel quality so far. KMs travelled is at par with fuel gauge position that I typically see.

Seems to be a good alternative to my earlier fill up point (HP pump after the flyover)

Next week is diesel week!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks