Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2011, 11:49   #241
BANNED

re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Ok even my relative has caught the BP petrol pump guy on Karve road, ie. the Kasat petrol pump near karishma society. I used to think it was a good petrol pump.

What happened was very shocking, he pulled and showed the meter at 00.00 and then ust before filling it, the meter read 60.00, then my relative asked him to reset again and after that it worked fine.

The attendant there was very rude and he pulled the nozzle at 999.XX only while auto filling for 1000 rupees and he could see a streak of fuel fall on the ground as a result of that.

He lodged a complaint at the BP website.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:41   #242
BHPian

I filled there on Monday evening & asked them to set the figures first then auto cut, i didn't allow them to remove nozzle before the auto cut switch releases itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss View Post
Friends & fellow BHPians - A Word of caution for this IOC bunk: Yesterday have caught two attendants red-handed tyring to play the 'old' practice of diverting attention and not resetting the machine to 'zero'. Gave them enuf piece of mind...but I doubt they stop doing this with others since usually in the evening times, the bunk is at their mercy with no manager or owner seen in the office.

Just be cautious guys...

Till now I have filled petrol for more than 4 times there and otherwise quality of fuel is found ok...also it is 4-5 paise/liter less than other bunks in the area
Thats not a good news, they are new and located at good place, instead of trust building they started cheating,Further lodge a complaint in there register & also call the area vigilance officer number, it should be displayed somewhere. Will be more careful now
Old 13th April 2011, 13:05   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, suffice to say there is no such thing as a "trusted" petrol pump in Pune . Let me recount a recent episode at the Club HP in Hinjewadi next to McDonald's. I have filled there a fair number of times and so do a lot of folks who work in H'wadi. Had begun to develop something akin to a trusting relationship, till what happened last week.

Normally the atendants there tell you "Zero check kara, sir!" loudly before filling, but in this instance I could sense something was amiss. So I kept my eyes firmly on the meter at all times. Sure enough, the guy tried various ways to pull his stunt: came in my line of view as he got ready to fill, another "distractor" attendant approached me just as the filling was about to begin with the standard questions on oil check, water etc. (in a new German car? Yeah right) I just ignored them and watched the meter. Finally they realised I was a seasoned veteran of these scams and resignedly reset it to zero and filled it in. There was a defiant sulkiness in the attendant's attitude that I could sense. Note to self: do not visit this pump any more.

In hindsight, the only time my MID mileage and tank-empty-to-ful calculated mileage differed widely (by 2 kmpl- normally it is around 0.5) was when I had filled at this pump

Last edited by noopster : 13th April 2011 at 13:09.
Old 13th April 2011, 13:43   #244
Senior - BHPian

Noop, that bunk is an absolute NO -NO! Never, i repeat NEVER fill there or even the one (HP) opposite to Mariott.

Ive recently started filling at the new BP bunk near Wipro Phase2. New pump, clean and honest people working there. No cheating incident. They actually insist on you watching the "Zero" and only after being satisfied do they commence filling. He even made sure that i pay ONLY after the entire filling was done.

The huge plus is Diesel, and i believe even Petrol is cheaper by Rs. 2 / litre in H'Wadi as they do not come in Octroi limits.
Old 13th April 2011, 13:58   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ That is very convenient in fact, but I had stayed away after mmxylorider warned me that they don't accept credit cards! I usually carry very little cash and didn't want to get caught out .

Maybe that was an initial hiccup: are they all set now?
Old 13th April 2011, 14:03   #246
Senior - BHPian

^^ Yup they are. We folks seldom carry enough cash! Yours truly included .

They do accept cards now. Have filled there twice and both the times by cards.
Old 13th April 2011, 14:16   #247
BHPian

Yep! I saw someone using the petrocard so they are truly functional. Even air filling is available.

This pump has now become my regular place for petrol and diesel. No issues so far.
Old 13th April 2011, 14:23   #248
Senior - BHPian

Here's a little update on the two petrol bunkers at the entry of Koregaon Park.
I use to fill up at BP and have been a regular customer of theirs for long. Have never faced any problems with the petrol here. But a friend of mine stated that there is some amount of mixing done here. and it seems some water was mixed into the petrol. So as a precaution i stopped filling at BP just to be on the safer side. I have no proof or confirmation that such mixing takes place.

So now i am filling up at the HP pump after many years. and never had a problem with the petrol there either.

While both the pumps attendants ask you to check the zero before they begin. Have noticed that the HP fellows are doubly checking whether you saw the zero or not. and will not start filling up till you look them in the eye and confirm. Which i found pretty neat.

Also the area where the cars fill up petrol or diesel is sloped. and while filling up the car's nose is pointed downwards. This i feel lets the petrol flow in more smoothly and the chances of air bubbles are minimized. Therefore the last time i filled up i noticed that more petrol went in compared to usual.

Just hoping that this is genuine and not an error of measurement from the nozzle.

Anyways right now my vote sticks with the HP bunk.

Will update on the experience with both.

Fill up safe!
Old 13th April 2011, 17:27   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss View Post
Friends & fellow BHPians - A Word of caution for this IOC bunk:
Well, even the BP guy on Karve road tried to pull a fast one on me a couple of days ago. One guy asks you to check zero and another pops up besides you asking "Sir, cash or card?".
Besides, I have been informed that lately, this bunk has increased the adulteration content in its fuel, so I am constantly imagining weird stuff happening to my car, inspite of filling it up here for years.
Old 13th April 2011, 18:19   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Well, suffice to say there is no such thing as a "trusted" petrol pump in Pune .
+1 ...
All in all, I believe, it is always better to get down from the car, stand near the attendant, ask him to reset and then start filling....

BTW, i forgot to mention that at the IOC bunk, I made the attendant reset it to zero again (the meter had reached Rs.220 already) and start filling again for Rs.1000 - paid him only 1000 bucks and got the earlier whatever 1-2 liters as 'free'
Old 13th April 2011, 18:59   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Well, suffice to say there is no such thing as a "trusted" petrol pump in Pune .
I dont think anybody has reported any such accident with the HP Auto Lines bunk , Opp Agriculture College . So we have one such pump .This pump is just PERFECT , no matter how dumb a person goes to that bunk , I bet he won't be cheated . Never heard at least till time . or . So FILL it from there , SHUT IT , FORGET IT .Morever the attendants oblige to slow filling requests .
Old 13th April 2011, 19:20   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

How lovely. I need to start making more trips to KP and Agricultural college then (wherever that is ).

Just kidding- on a related note, the big HP pump just before the expressway (Sai something) is very good as well. Also the COCO pump at the first food plaza on e-way. And I have no complaints with Shell except their ridiculous prices (71/- for regular unleaded when I last checked). So there may be hope yet!

Last edited by noopster : 13th April 2011 at 19:20. Reason: typos
Old 13th April 2011, 19:38   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
I dont think anybody has reported any such accident with the HP Auto Lines bunk , Opp Agriculture College
Ditto for the BP pump opposite RTO.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 13th April 2011, 19:47   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
I dont think anybody has reported any such accident with the HP Auto Lines bunk , Opp Agriculture College . So we have one such pump .This pump is just PERFECT , no matter how dumb a person goes to that bunk , I bet he won't be cheated . Never heard at least till time . or . So FILL it from there , SHUT IT , FORGET IT .Morever the attendants oblige to slow filling requests .
Quote:
How lovely. I need to start making more trips to KP and Agricultural college then (wherever that is ).

Just kidding- on a related note, the big HP pump just before the expressway (Sai something) is very good as well. Also the COCO pump at the first food plaza on e-way. And I have no complaints with Shell except their ridiculous prices (71/- for regular unleaded when I last checked). So there may be hope yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Ditto for the BP pump opposite RTO.

Cheers,
Vikram
One more I can vouch for is the Petrol Pump at Dnyaneshwar Paduka Chowk. Hmmm ... looks like we are building up a quite a "trusted" list.
Old 13th April 2011, 23:34   #255
dot
Senior - BHPian

I dont trust any petrol pump attendant anywhere. So I always get down from the car and stand next to the person who is filling up. Moreover I make it a point to tell him/her not to start filling till I give the nod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Here's a little update on the two petrol bunkers at the entry of Koregaon Park.
I use to fill up at BP and have been a regular customer of theirs for long. Have never faced any problems with the petrol here. But a friend of mine stated that there is some amount of mixing done here. and it seems some water was mixed into the petrol. So as a precaution i stopped filling at BP just to be on the safer side.
I know you like the twin pumps there. However I have bad experience at both the pumps. Specially the BP fellow definitely sells adulterated fuel. Couple of times when I had filled my Ikon at the BP joint, I experienced too much roughness and noise from the engine. As soon as the next tankfull was done at a different pump, the noise and roughness went away.

The pump opposite RTO and the IOC in Mundhwa are the only two I ever go to nowadays. Previously used to go to the Shell outlet near Chandan Nagar. But they have shut shop. Will try the one opposite to Agricultural College.

Last edited by dot : 13th April 2011 at 23:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks