Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2011, 14:38   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Yes normal petrol is a few paise above 68.50.
But it depends on where you fill.
The shell pump on the way to mulshi / lavasa
Is retailing normal petrol for 67.50
Have you gone there recently and did you pay toll?
I have filed an online RTI request to know about this specific toll place; will keep you updated if/ when I hear anything
Old 25th July 2011, 15:38   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
That indeed is a good news. Any cut in fuel prices does excite us, innit?
@Amit: Was this as of today? Last evening, saw Shell prices to be hovering around Rs. 54.XX, for diesel that is.
I too saw the same 54.XX for a litre of diesel at the shell pump near KSB chowk in pimpri day before yesterday.
Actually went to search for my shaldan availability there. Didn't find it,hence checked the tire pressure and returned.
The petrol price was 68.45 for normal and 72.XX for premium one.

I was a regular at this pump for filling my M800, before Manza's addition.
Old 25th July 2011, 16:04   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive

Have you gone there recently and did you pay toll?
I have filed an online RTI request to know about this specific toll place; will keep you updated if/ when I hear anything
The last time i went there, i paid toll 1 way. And on my return i just drove past. Once before that too i paid on my way. While coming back the fellow just waved me to move on and so i did.

My shaldan air freshner was available at Dorabjee's when i went in last. There was another freshner which had some tea tree oil or so. You are to keep it under your seat. Was mighty impressed.
Old 25th July 2011, 17:32   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
You are correct; there were a few comments about Shell price now being less than Pune city petrol prices.

Summary - For petrol, Shell prices are now less than Pune city normal prices.
Quote:
Yes normal petrol is a few paise above 68.50.
But it depends on where you fill.
The shell pump on the way to mulshi / lavasa
Is retailing normal petrol for 67.50
I am getting a bit confused. Are we comparing highway prices with city prices? If yes, then that is an unfair comparison.
The city price is around Rs. 68.51 at BP pumps in city (e.g. Kulkarni pump on FC Road). I don't see myself going outside city limits to save a couple of rupees (or is that even lesser?). At max, I can save Rs. 100 (with my 50 lit tank), but then I might have to go quite far to get that price in the first place.
Old 25th July 2011, 18:38   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am getting a bit confused. Are we comparing highway prices with city prices? If yes, then that is an unfair comparison.
The city price is around Rs. 68.51 at BP pumps in city (e.g. Kulkarni pump on FC Road). I don't see myself going outside city limits to save a couple of rupees (or is that even lesser?). At max, I can save Rs. 100 (with my 50 lit tank), but then I might have to go quite far to get that price in the first place.
Shell Pump being outside Pune city limits in Hinjewadi the fuel would be cheaper. For that matter all the pumps in Hinjewadi would be cheaper. So in that sense this comparison would not matter to folks not travelling to this part of the world for work.
Old 25th July 2011, 22:36   #396
Senior - BHPian

And there comes the clarification.
And i am one who does not venture to those parts of town often. Hence its full pune price for me. Which is slightly above 68.50. Have not been visiting the pump too often thanks to the City. No.not Pune. I mean the ANHC.
Old 26th July 2011, 10:22   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And there comes the clarification.
And i am one who does not venture to those parts of town often. Hence its full pune price for me. Which is slightly above 68.50. Have not been visiting the pump too often thanks to the City. No.not Pune. I mean the ANHC.
I agree, this comparo is only relevant for people who travel there either regularly or once in a while.

@mdsaab, to settle the confusion between Pune & City, perhaps you should start referring to Pune as 'Gaon' or 'Town' and your City as 'Bro/ Sis'
you wont have to explain this again then!
Old 26th July 2011, 16:30   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive

I agree, this comparo is only relevant for people who travel there either regularly or once in a while.

@mdsaab, to settle the confusion between Pune & City, perhaps you should start referring to Pune as 'Gaon' or 'Town' and your City as 'Bro/ Sis'
you wont have to explain this again then!
SD thats a great one. And shall take your word for it. Henceforth will refer to Pune as Mini Metro and the City stays the City. Whats say?
Old 16th September 2011, 10:43   #399
Senior - BHPian

Shell Hinjewadi seems to have removed the price boards from their bunk as of today morning.
What is it retailing for now ?
Old 27th September 2011, 10:38   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Shell Hinjewadi seems to have removed the price boards from their bunk as of today morning.
What is it retailing for now ?
Went to the Shell bunk today morning after a long time. Thanks to Mumbai trips over the last 2 weekends was filling up on the expressway.

Diesel is still Rs.53.45. Normal Petrol is Rs.71.00
Old 21st October 2011, 19:19   #401
BHPian

In my last 2 fills , over 15 days span , of Normal Diesel from the BP pump near Ph-2 Hinj, I have observed considerable deteroration in fuel quality and car is driving a bit hoarse. I was using this since July 2011, without any issues.

Has any one of you felt any difference in this pump diesel quality ?

Pls share.

For time being, I have decided to skip this pump unless I hear some assuring statement from any t-bhpian.
Old 27th October 2011, 14:34   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
In my last 2 fills , over 15 days span , of Normal Diesel from the BP pump near Ph-2 Hinj, I have observed considerable deteroration in fuel quality and car is driving a bit hoarse. I was using this since July 2011, without any issues. Has any one of you felt any difference in this pump diesel quality ?
I last frequented this pump for filling diesel on Oct 17, but didn't feel any difference in the engine noise/pickup. Another tank-up is due now; will keep an eye & ear out for anything unusual. One tip I'd like to share with you is, avoid filling fuel at any pump that has an oil company's fuel tanker in the premises. The probability is high that the pump has just refilled it's underground tanks, and the impurities in the fuel haven't settled at the bottom of tank yet.

On a different note, does anyone know how the quality of diesel is at the IOC pump after Khandala Ghat, while going from Pune-Mumbai? This pump is located in the same food mall premises as "Datta Snacks".

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 14:41   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
On a different note, does anyone know how the quality of diesel is at the IOC pump after Khandala Ghat, while going from Pune-Mumbai? This pump is located in the same food mall premises as "Datta Snacks".

Cheers,
Vikram
Atleast twice a month i fill Diesel at the Prakash Expressway (Indian Oil) pump. Have not faced any issues so far. Otherwise if not travelling to Mumbai always fill at Shell in Hinjewadi.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 23:35   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
...the impurities in the fuel haven't settled at the bottom of tank yet...
All modern cars/mobikes have fuel line filter (replacement is part of periodic maintenance schedule too). They should take care of SPM (suspended matters) in the fuel. I don't see a reason it would contribute to deterioration of ride quality?

-BJ
Old 28th October 2011, 09:45   #405
Senior - BHPian

So i had written ages ago about the new machines at the Koregaon Park BP pump.
They had added new dispensers with fuel density meters.
But of late i have noticed that the density has been the same each time i visit the pump. It reads 74.13 or something like that.
Is that normal? i thought the density levels would be changing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks