Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2011, 18:00   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Shell in Hinjewadi is at 70.xx for petrol, 73.00 for Super. Got a tankful of Super plonked in this morning. This is one place that I have become really comfortable with. The attendants are mostly all the same for a while- I know most of them by face (and vice versa). The manager came and greeted me today- we'd spoken once before and I was happy he remembered me (or my car? doesn't matter!) Asked him why I wasn't one of the lucky winners of the Ferrari model cars and he said they tried but... (doesn't really matter if they did but it was a good response!)

This gas station is miles ahead of any other I've visited in Pune though the BP one in HJW2 is not bad at all. None of that zero-cheating stuff and the fuel quality seems very good- gives me the same mileage as filling up at Shell. Between these 2, HJW denizens are pretty much covered!
Old 27th December 2011, 09:01   #422
Team-BHP Support

Experience # 1: Shinde Petrol Pump, Bavdhan, Pune:

A few months ago, I drove my cousins Zen Estilo to this bunk because the car was low on fuel and I needed to get some fuel before I reach my trusted pump, Autolines. So I drove in at about 6:30 pm and requested for Rs. 500/- worth of fuel. The attendant promptly filled in for Rs. 500/- and another dude took my debit card for payment. As per normal procedure at pumps, they ask you to drive away from the pump till your card payment is authorized while the next car comes in ahead to fill up. I moved ahead and waited for about 5-7 minute for the person to turn up. He got along a very very very faint charge slip for me to sign. Being in the payment card industry, I promptly checked the charge slip carefully to find out that the attendant had swiped my card for Rs. 1000/-. I protested and he was quick to apologize stating that he thought I had filled in for Rs. 1000/-. I asked him to void the transaction immediately and he said he won't be able to do it and returned Rs. 500/- back in cash. I did not create a scene there because the pump is owned by some biggie and I didn't want to waste my time at a pump that I never visit usually.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________
Experience # 2: Autolines fuel pump, University Road, Mhasoba gate, Pune.

Filled in a tank full of diesel for the Swift. The total came up to about Rs. 1240/-. The female attendant took my card and asked me to move the car ahead. I did and she turned up with a charge slip of Rs. 1340/-. I refused to sign and she was quick to acknowledge the mistake and hurriedly ran to cashier and got me back Rs. 100/-. She folded her hands and apologised saying that she charged my card on error. Since it was a small amount and the genuinity of the pump in the past has been good, I let go.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________
Just a heads up for guys using your credit / debit cards at fuel bunks. Do check the charge slip carefully.
Old 27th December 2011, 14:16   #423
Senior - BHPian

This card swiping error has happened once. I gave the card to swipe. Had filled in for some 980 bucks. When the slip returned, I signed it and drove out. A few minutes later I got the sms from the bank, stating the transaction. Checked it, and to my shock, saw that 9800 had been deducted from the fuel station.

Immediately took a U-Turn and went back to speak to the manager. He promptly apoligized and gave me the remaining amount in cash.

Since then, I always check the amount before signing, and dont move the car, till the slip is signed.

The bunk in question was some random bunk in Camp. Cant remember the exact one now.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 14:28   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Can anybody summarise all in one post only.
Like Pump name ,Company, Location , trusted/ untrusted rating.

Please share if anybody is already having a compiled list.
First thought on seeing your post - why doesn't he do it instead of asking others to do it.

Then Sachin got out and the day ended; as a result I had quite some free time. So here's the list.

People - have gone through the posts of starting 2009 till date. The original idea was to list both good & bad pumps, but then thought over it. All it needs is one single bad experience for a user to rant about it, but a good pump recommendation comes after several rounds of usage. And hence the list contains only the good ones recommended by one or more bhpians.

For petrol pump recommendations that don't have multiple users recommending it, I have mentioned it accordingly. Would love if some of the oldies go through the list and provide your feedback on those. Also if somebody could give more detailed feedback on the locations, it'll help a lot of the junta who are new to Pune.

Without doubt, the top pick is HP Autolines, opposite Agriculture College. 15+ pages, and I couldn't find one negative post about this pump.

The Shell outlets rank next, unfortunately for diesel heads like me, they aren't a great alternative.

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: xls Pune Petrol Pumps.xls (24.5 KB, 659 views)

Last edited by ninjatalli : 27th December 2011 at 14:30.
ninjatalli is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 15:15   #425
BHPian

Pls add Shell bunk near KSB chowk, Just beside the Maruti Wonder Cars Showroom.
I was a regular there, when I was a pure Petro head.
Had 100% satisfaction when ever I filled up here. Also the increase is F.E of my M800 was evident.
Will give 10/10 in each aspect of quality/ quantity/ honesty/ accuracy/ courtesy.
Now a days, I go there only to check my Manza's tyre air pressure every 2 weeks.
Old 27th December 2011, 15:48   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Good Excel sheet, Ninja! Very useful.

You need to add the Sai Expressway station at Ravet as well. They never cheat, give good quality fuel and are the default choice for filling up in a hurry on my Bombay runs. Shell nearby is 2/- costlier than the Hinjewadi one so I avoid it, though it is good as well.
Old 27th December 2011, 18:29   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Pls add Shell bunk near KSB chowk, Just beside the Maruti Wonder Cars Showroom.
I was a regular there, when I was a pure Petro head.
Had 100% satisfaction when ever I filled up here. Also the increase is F.E of my M800 was evident.
Will give 10/10 in each aspect of quality/ quantity/ honesty/ accuracy/ courtesy.
Now a days, I go there only to check my Manza's tyre air pressure every 2 weeks.
Updated the sheet. Had earlier thought you are talking about the Shell pump on the old highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Good Excel sheet, Ninja! Very useful.

You need to add the Sai Expressway station at Ravet as well. They never cheat, give good quality fuel and are the default choice for filling up in a hurry on my Bombay runs. Shell nearby is 2/- costlier than the Hinjewadi one so I avoid it, though it is good as well.
Yup, that's a good one - have experienced their service too in the past.

All - Please feel free to make changes and upload the updated sheet here. Especially since some of the existing city pumps need more clarity on the location details.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Pune Petrol Pumps.xls (25.5 KB, 572 views)
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 22:18   #428
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Then Sachin got out and the day ended; as a result I had quite some free time. So here's the list.
Great work man (Thank god Sachin got out). You have captured my staple bunk, IOC Mundhwa. Thanks.
Old 28th December 2011, 09:52   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Updated the sheet. Had earlier thought you are talking about the Shell pump on the old highway.

Yup, that's a good one - have experienced their service too in the past.

All - Please feel free to make changes and upload the updated sheet here. Especially since some of the existing city pumps need more clarity on the location details.
Great job and appreciate your patience

I was thinking if it would be possible to have this excel sheet on the first post of this thread. Over a period of time as more updates on the thread are posted your post would get lost and new subscribers to the thread would not find the link. Also it would be easier for other folks to update. Does this require moderator attention?
Old 28th December 2011, 10:58   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Great job and appreciate your patience

I was thinking if it would be possible to have this excel sheet on the first post of this thread. Over a period of time as more updates on the thread are posted your post would get lost and new subscribers to the thread would not find the link. Also it would be easier for other folks to update. Does this require moderator attention?
Yes, awesome suggestion.

But before we do that, a few of the places are not clear (specific location) - can one of you guys who know the city better review it? Will pm the mods to add this to the first post once that is done.

Or if most guys feel the current details are enough, then we can just go ahead and ask the mods to update the thread accordingly.
Old 28th December 2011, 11:51   #431
BHPian

@ ninjatalli

Shell Kharadi (no 6 on your list) has been closed for over one year and still no signs of it re-opening. (I suggest you remove that one.)

BP Roshni Services (No 17) is at the beginning of 'North Main Rd, Koregaon Park' After Taj, when entering KP, there are two petrol pumps opposite each other on the junction itself. BP is the one one the right.
Old 28th December 2011, 23:02   #432
BHPian

Thanks @ninjatalli.

Attached the excel sheet, updated the Remarks column as per my experience, also added Preferred and Avoid, hope its OK.

Pune Petrol Pumps.xls

Last edited by AvonA7 : 28th December 2011 at 23:05.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 13:32   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Thanks @ninjatalli.

Attached the excel sheet, updated the Remarks column as per my experience, also added Preferred and Avoid, hope its OK.

Attachment 861528
Thanks AvonA7, I have uploaded the document on Google docs, open for editing so that more can be added to the list & we have updated list all the time. If anyone knows how to make it restricted access to edit only by TBHP members please do the needful, since as of now, it can be edited by anyone with the link. As any visitor to TBHP can access the link, it may not be a bad idea to restrict editing only by TBHP members. But I don't know how to do it. . Mods, please help.

Link Here:
http://goo.gl/BQJCM

Also, I feel uploading similar list for other locations will be helpful . Maybe a single document, open to editing by members only, having sheets tagged for different locations & one permanent link.
nawalsingal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 12:00   #434
Senior - BHPian

Hinjewadi Folks,

Has anyone visited the Shell Bunk at Hinjewadi for Diesel. What is the current price? I stopped going there when the price was hiked to Rs. 59.60/- in December. Wanted to know if there has been any reduction? I am missing that bunk
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:29   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Hinjewadi Folks,

Has anyone visited the Shell Bunk at Hinjewadi for Diesel. What is the current price? I stopped going there when the price was hiked to Rs. 59.60/- in December. Wanted to know if there has been any reduction? I am missing that bunk
As per the Shell website, the price should be Rs.61.60
Fuel Pricing at Shell Stations | India

Can anyone else confirm the price, that way we know how up-to-date Shell keeps its website (last update: 17 Dec 11)
Raja is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed