Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 22:29   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
As per the Shell website, the price should be Rs.61.60
Fuel Pricing at Shell Stations | India

Can anyone else confirm the price, that way we know how up-to-date Shell keeps its website (last update: 17 Dec 11)
If on 17th Dec 11 it is showing Rs.61.60 then even that update is wrong. Because on 19th Dec 11 it was 59.60 and on 22nd Nov 57.7.

Now it might have reached Rs.61.60. That would be a shocker.
Old 15th February 2012, 15:01   #437
Senior - BHPian

Last week I filled Rs.700 worth of Petrol from the BP bunk after Wipro coming from Phase 2 and to my shock I could just travel 80kms with it!! My Polo indicated a mileage of 12kpl so there's definitely some cheating going on there.
Any other recommended fuel pumps near Hinjewadi (except Shell)?
Old 15th February 2012, 15:07   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Last week I filled Rs.700 worth of Petrol from the BP bunk after Wipro coming from Phase 2 and to my shock I could just travel 80kms with it!! My Polo indicated a mileage of 12kpl so there's definitely some cheating going on there.
That sure is a surprise. I shifted to that BP pump about a month back after Shell kept on increasing diesel prices and have not faced any issues as of now.

I am not aware of any other reliable pump other than Shell or BP in Hinjewadi. But why not Shell for Petrol?
Old 15th February 2012, 15:12   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I am not aware of any other reliable pump other than Shell or BP in Hinjewadi. But why not Shell for Petrol?
Shell is Rs.5 more than the regular petrol price and I don't find it worth it at all! I have tried it once and I did not notice any increase in F.E too.

How's the HP bunk that is before the Shell bunk on the same road(towards phase 2)
Old 15th February 2012, 15:21   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shell is Rs.5 more than the regular petrol price and I don't find it worth it at all! I have tried it once and I did not notice any increase in F.E too.

How's the HP bunk that is before the Shell bunk on the same road(towards phase 2)
Oh. So Shell has increased the Petrol prices also now? I thought earlier they were advertising the prices which were almost equal to the PSU bunks. I might be wrong here as don't track Petrol prices regularly, being a diesel head.

Avoid that HP pump before Shell. Not at all reliable as has been reported by other folks in this thread.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 16:05   #441
BHPian

Quote:
there's definitely some cheating going on there.
More than cheating on quantity , after filling up quite number of tankfulls @ BP , I really doubt the quality of the fuel (Diesel). For sure , the fuel is not clean IMHO .
Old 15th February 2012, 16:11   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
More than cheating on quantity , after filling up quite number of tankfulls @ BP , I really doubt the quality of the fuel (Diesel). For sure , the fuel is not clean IMHO .
And i thought it is "Pure for Sure"

Then there is no PSU option left in Hinjewadi. All are cheats???
Old 15th February 2012, 16:30   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

Shell is up to 74.xx for regular and 77.xx for Super. I guess the dream run had to end at some point! I feel bad since they always give great service- to be honest that is the one pump in HJW that I trust.

Sad to hear about BP: I had started filling there instead of Shell. Plus it's a rupee cheaper than other pumps for petrol (68.xx instead of 69.xx).
Old 15th February 2012, 18:16   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
All are cheats???
Yes Sir , more or less they are cheats in some way or the other . And diesel if I understand correctly is the highest adultrated fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
to be honest that is the one pump in HJW that I trust.

Sad to hear about BP: I had started filling there instead of Shell. Plus it's a rupee cheaper than other pumps for petrol (68.xx instead of 69.xx).
Even I filled quite a few tankfulls , but there was certainly a difference in terms of quality when filled from HP Autolines.

Apart from Shell Pumps , this is the only pump that I could never complain about in past 6 years . So now the golden rule is - Take the long route 1 day get a tankfull from HP Autolines and be happy for everything (Peace of mind is way ahead than saving 70 odd bucks and keeping our rides happy).

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 15th February 2012 at 18:19.
jealousdiamond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 19:00   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Refer to my post # 401 in this thread ...wherein I expressed concern in Oct 2011 about the diesel quality and after that I have never gone in that pump. Below is the post...

21st October 2011, 20:19 #401
Amazing

-----------------------------------------

In my last 2 fills , over 15 days span , of Normal Diesel from the BP pump near Ph-2 Hinj, I have observed considerable deteroration in fuel quality and car is driving a bit hoarse. I was using this since July 2011, without any issues.

Has any one of you felt any difference in this pump diesel quality ?

Pls share.

For time being, I have decided to skip this pump unless I hear some assuring statement from any t-bhpian.
Amazing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:19   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes Sir , more or less they are cheats in some way or the other . And diesel if I understand correctly is the highest adultrated fuel

Even I filled quite a few tankfulls , but there was certainly a difference in terms of quality when filled from HP Autolines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Refer to my post # 401 in this thread ...wherein I expressed concern in Oct 2011 about the diesel quality and after that I have never gone in that pump. Below is the post...
Thanks for this update guys. The BP petrol pump was my most frequented pump - however I always felt there was something wrong as the fuel used to get over quite faster. I remember on my highway trips that for a full tank, the "Kms to Refill" would range around 800 kms, whereas whenever I filled it at BP, it used to show around 600 odd.

Did a bit of analysis - the findings are quite insightful, atleast for me!

Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune-musings.jpg
Three scenarios - for different "assumed" kms reading when I tanked up at BP petrol pump on 7th Feb :- Note the differences in mileage figures!

Do note the following
  • I don't have the kms reading when I did the tankup at BP petroleum. However I do have snapshots of the MID taken a few days before and after, which I have mentioned accordingly. I have tried to calculate the same based on a few assumptions as mentioned below.
  • The first tank-up (on 28th) was followed by a highway trip to a place close to Shirdi which mainly consisted of clean highway drives. I seriously can't think of getting anything less than 16-17kmpl in this time period (between 28th Jan & 7th Feb).
  • In the period between the BP tankup (Swaraj Petroleum) and 15th Feb, the kms were majorly used in a weekend to&fro trip to Bombay which overall would have meant close to 600-700 kms being - which would indicate the kms reading on 7th Feb to be around 10300.
In any of the three cases, clearly there is something wrong with the fuel at BP - either they are under-fueling me or the fuel quality is up for questioning.

Either way, I doubt if i'll ever hit that petrol pump again in the near future.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 22nd February 2012 at 14:21.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:56   #447
Senior - BHPian

I've been filling up @ BP pump after Wipro after hearing +ve reviews from here. Though my mileage is not effected, my engine sure got coarser :( I think Autolines is the best option then!
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:59   #448
BHPian

Quote:
BP one in HJW2 is not bad at all. None of that zero-cheating stuff and the fuel quality seems very good- gives me the same mileage as filling up at Shell.
Swanand , Noop , Since the two of you are frequent at this Pump , please check of what is being said about the BP pump and share the updates with us .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Thanks for this update guys. The BP petrol pump was my most frequented pump - however I always felt there was something wrong as the fuel used to get over quite faster.

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 22nd February 2012 at 15:01.
Old 22nd February 2012, 15:08   #449
Senior - BHPian

@ninja: How do you maintain this spreadsheet with such a lot of detail?
Do you key in details at the bunk itself?

I have doubts about the IOC pump on Nagar Road (between Wagholi and Kharadi).
The rates are low (around Rs. 68.7) but my Zen started stopping a lot after filling it up last month.
Old 22nd February 2012, 15:14   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@ninja: How do you maintain this spreadsheet with such a lot of detail?
Do you key in details at the bunk itself?

Only the KM reading would have to be noted while at the bunk. Rest of the details are anyway available if you take the receipt after filling at the pump. Then it comes down to how religiously you put that in the excel.

Most Viewed