Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2014, 08:17   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
Bless you, lady..!! May your tribe increase...
Not sure which bunker is this...
There is only one bunk along the entire Paud Road, thats the one just after Krishna Hospital. Ofcourse, not counting the ones which we encounter while actually on our way to Paud.
But this bunk I mentioned is also quite shady.
Old 29th June 2014, 08:21   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
There is only one bunk along the entire Paud Road, thats the one just after Krishna Hospital. Ofcourse, not counting the ones which we encounter while actually on our way to Paud.
But this bunk I mentioned is also quite shady.
Are you refering to one going towards Mulshi, on the right side..just after the earlier Octroi Naka ? Opposite some Lawns.. ?
Old 29th June 2014, 08:35   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
Are you refering to one going towards Mulshi, on the right side..just after the earlier Octroi Naka ? Opposite some Lawns.. ?
No no, I am referring to one well within City limits, ie, before Chandani Chowk. Not on the way to Paud Village/Pirangut.
Old 29th June 2014, 11:50   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

Time to update this sheet again - hasn't been updated since 2011 I guess. Most of the +ve petrol pumps still hold their ground I guess.

Pune Petrol Pumps.xls
Old 30th June 2014, 11:20   #530
BHPian

BP @ RTO : Supposedly COCO, although I doubt if it is anymore, heard now its owned by some big shot politician. My bad experience, narrated earlier in the thread. Will not go back again.

HP@hinjewadi : I have had good experience except once where the attendant duped me of apx 400. He moved in the line of vision, i got distracted and poof..!! 2600 went to 3000 in a jiffy. Other than that one time, I have had good experience, plus its Rs. 2.5 cheaper than Pune city.

BP@Baner : This is overall ok, since nearer to my house. They have improved and are a honest lot- once I forgot my CC with them, came back next day and they had kept in their safe cash custody- and returned without much hassle. Although, I do see them trying tricks, but since I am regular at their place, perhaps have stopped trying it with me.
Old 31st July 2014, 14:37   #531
BHPian

Any idea about the BP Pump that comes after the Shell Pump just before the Pune-Mumbai expressway starts. It also has a CNG filling point.
I was filling Diesel till now from BP @ Baner but wanted to try out another one. Not really sure about this one's quality.
Old 31st July 2014, 15:06   #532
Senior - BHPian

From Camp, surprised not to find the Nehru Memorial Hall petrol pump on the list. For quite some time I have been filling diesel for my Storme from there.

Also the Bhairoba Nall petrol pump opposite the police chowky. A friend says he has good diesel. Though filled from him on the way back from work just once.

Agree on the RTO COCO being a bunch of cheats. Never happy and unstressed going all the way there and standing in line to get fuel.

Another petrol pump I sometimes use (more for free air - his guage is most accurate, followed by the one at Nehru Memorial, RTO being the worst) is the one at Pul Gate near Universal apartments, when you take the left after St. Mary's Church.

The common (and most convenient) one for slap and dash small amounts (for my bikes, etc.) is still the one at the begining of East Street after the Ambedkar putla (opposite Penosh travels).
Old 1st August 2014, 12:23   #533
Senior - BHPian

Which are the cantonment area pumps which get petrol cheaper by Rs. 2-2.50?
Old 1st August 2014, 13:36   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Would love to know the answer to this one as well.

There are apparently 5 in Pune and one in Khadki.

Question is, they were cheating customers all this time, overcharging, while they were not liable to ay the taxes.

Will they be penalised and made to return all that money? I must havs filled hundreds of liters of petrol as well as diesel from them, as I live in Camp. I am feeling mighty pissed.
Old 1st August 2014, 17:56   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Would love to know the answer to this one as well.

Question is, they were cheating customers all this time, overcharging, while they were not liable to ay the taxes.

Will they be penalised and made to return all that money? I must havs filled hundreds of liters of petrol as well as diesel from them, as I live in Camp. I am feeling mighty pissed.
They have claimed that they paid all the taxes to the government and now they have asked how will they get their money back from the government.
Old 1st August 2014, 18:17   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I must have missed the thread but why should cantt area pumps have cheaper petrol compared to the rest of the city?
Old 2nd August 2014, 13:08   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They have claimed that they paid all the taxes to the government and now they have asked how will they get their money back from the government.
Translation - between the politically linked super rich pup owners and the politicians, the mango man again gets jacked.

When are the rices going to fall? Enough talk has happened.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 17:02   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The common (and most convenient) one for slap and dash small amounts (for my bikes, etc.) is still the one at the begining of East Street after the Ambedkar putla (opposite Penosh travels).
That is Rashid Khodadad service station, it was the only Pump which supplied 93Octane fuel in the 80's

Quote:
The LBT tax is collected by the oil companies itself. One of the Pump owners itself filed a case against the oil companies and PMC as to why LBT is being collected from them and being payed into PMC account when they are in cantonment limits and not in PMC limits.
Quote:
The courts have told the oil co's to take a refund from PMC, and pay it to the cantonment, which is already cash strapped due to abolition of octroi, but PMC is still not refunding.

Rahul
Old 9th December 2014, 09:15   #539
Senior - BHPian

There are two petrol bunks in Pune where I normally refuel.
1) BP petrol pump just after Ranka Jewellers on Sinhagad Road
2) IOC petrol pump just before hitting the NH4 again on the Sinhagad road.

I can vouch for the petrol/diesel quality at these bunk as they have give the best mileages. Both the bunks have multiple bays.
Old 10th December 2014, 16:50   #540
Senior - BHPian

I have been filling up on the HP bunk near Chandan Nagar (on Nagar Road) and also the BP bunk near Bund Garden road.

Earlier the HP bunk had some notorious chaps, but in my last 5 fillings, I have not had any issues.
The bunk at Bund Garden is even better and has friendlier staff.

There are two more bunks which I use occasionally:
1. The HP bunk on Kharadi- Mundhwa road
2. Shell bunk just a little ahead of the HP bunk (towards Mundhwa side).

Both are good and the staff does not try to cheat.

The fuel quality of all the four bunks is good. Shell gave me a mileage of 50 kmpl on my Suzuki Access, which is pretty good.

The IOCL bunk on Nagar Road (towards Kharadi entrance) has bad fuel (it is cheaper by about Rs. 2/ liter). The staff does tend to cheat, so you need to be extra careful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks