Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2014, 12:47   #541
BHPian

Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

For me the order of preference
1 - Autolines (BP Next to the Flyover at Mhasoba Gate)
2 - The 'Petrol Only' bunk on Senapati Bapat road
3 - The BPCL and IOCL COCO pumps near RTO/ Maldhakka chowk
4 - Chandan Nagar - BP pump
Old 9th March 2015, 18:01   #542
BHPian

Ive had similar experience at 2 petrol stations, one opposite Magarpatta Main gate and other HP one when we enter Pimple gurav from Pimple saudagar.
Both fill less petrol and when you ask them to fill more they will start from the same point and would later tell u that they started from zero in the second run.
P.S - don't talk to attendants while they are filling and hand over the money to them when they are done
Old 15th March 2015, 13:33   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
There are two petrol bunks in Pune where I normally refuel.
1) BP petrol pump just after Ranka Jewellers on Sinhagad Road
2) IOC petrol pump just before hitting the NH4 again on the Sinhagad road.

I can vouch for the petrol/diesel quality at these bunk as they have give the best mileages. Both the bunks have multiple bays.
+1 to this. I have been filling petrol on these pumps regularly and the quality of the petrol is good. Also, the experience with the pump attendants has been good so far.
Old 20th March 2015, 10:38   #544
BHPian

For me best Bunks in pune,
- Shell Hinjewadi
- IOC Near Pune station COCO
- IOC Hinjewadi
- Sai Perto just before express-way entry

worst ones,
- Hinjewadi HP (both) Diesel quality
Old 20th March 2015, 11:21   #545
BHPian

Apart from the BP bunk at Wanorie, I have found the HPs bunks (one next to SGS Mall, opposite Dorabjees & the other near St. Mary's school on Solapur Road) fairly good.

If I happen to visit the Kharadi/Mundhwa area, I usually tank up at Shell pump at Keshav Nagar junction.
Old 20th March 2015, 13:12   #546
Senior - BHPian

The HP bunk on Mundhwa road (while coming towards Kharadi) is also good. No hanky panky stuff.
Old 30th March 2015, 11:40   #547
BHPian

Re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants.

Guys,

Had a very bad experience at the Shinde Petrol Pump, Bavdhan, on last Saturday. I went there to check air (Nitrox) pressure in my car tyres. Though I get fuel from Shell Petrol Pump, Warje, but I visit this petrol pump only for Nitrox filling. I always keep a watch on the guy while filling Nitrox / air, but this time I got a call and as I was in a petrol pump, I just stepped out towards the main road only to tell the caller that I shall call him in sometime. On returning, the guy filling the air informs me that – “Sir tyre puncture hai, screw ghusa hua hai”. He has also shown me a screw stuck between the threads of the rear left tyre.

I have not seen the guy doing such fraud by my own eyes, hence I got my tyre repaired and left for home. Last evening while discussing the incident with one of my friends, he told me that he also had the similar experience at the same place. I also understand that this is a common fraud practiced in most of the tyre / air pressure shops all over Pune.

Hence, my suggestion is avoid Shinde Petrol Pump, Bavdhan, for the tyre air pressure check. If you visit the place for tyre air pressure check, be extra careful and keep a watch on the guy while he is checking the pressure.

On a separate note, can anybody suggest some good, trustworthy tyre shop around Bavdhan / Baner / Kothrud where I may get a Nitrox filling for my car tyres?

Amyth78
amyth78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 22:34   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyth78 View Post
Guys,

Amyth78
A couple of places- near suburb dearest, Baner.

A] The Baner Petrol Pump.

https://plus.google.com/105243038577...ut?hl=en&gl=in

Okay- About a month or so ago, they did try to pull a fast one on me- First time ever. Anyways- I generally used to tank up at Autolines. For Nitrogen though, this pump is good. I generally used to frequent this place.

However- In the afternoon (1-4PM), whenever I used to go, the air filling guy was not there.

**Where art thou?**

Simple. There is a shack directly behind the wall, where the air/nitrogen dispenser was placed.

I used to go there, and *Viola*! The fella was catching forty winks. Wake up that infernal creature, and as I was a regular, he never said anything.

So- If you go to fill nitrogen in afternoons, there'll be no one to fill it up. Go in the evening- at around 5-6 ish.

B] Sai Tyres:

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...29cb825dd622f4

A really well equipped tyre shop, complete with assorted wheel alignment machines, IIRC. Used their services once-They're okay really.

And for goodness sake- **Watch your car while someone is filling up air**

Last edited by FINTAIL : 31st March 2015 at 22:37.
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 00:08   #549
BHPian

I have had really good experience in terms of fuel efficiency from the BP pump on nagar road (on left towards viman nagar while coming from chandannagar). Would definitely recommend if not suggested already
21Archer84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 19:52   #550
BHPian

Guys has anyone had a bad experience with the BP Pump(Kedari Petrol Pump) in Wanowrie? So far I haven't had any, but have heard from some friends that they do cheat people(fill Lesser Quantity of Fuel for the Amount you pay)?

Has anyone experienced a drop in Car Power after using fuel from this pump? I fill Unleaded Petrol for my Octavia 1.8 TSi A/T. Any recommendations for a better Gas station around Wanowrie?
Old 7th August 2015, 20:47   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyth78 View Post

Hence, my suggestion is avoid Shinde Petrol Pump, Bavdhan, for the tyre air pressure check. If you visit the place for tyre air pressure check, be extra careful and keep a watch on the guy while he is checking the pressure.

On a separate note, can anybody suggest some good, trustworthy tyre shop around Bavdhan / Baner / Kothrud where I may get a Nitrox filling for my car tyres?

Amyth78
Agree - the guys at Shinde petrol pump @ Bavdhan are hand in glove with the tyre puncture repair shop located just adjacent to the petrol pump. Unless we keep close watch, the guy is sure to play tricks.
For nitrox filling, I usually go to BPCL pump located near Mai Mangeshkar hospital @ Warje.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 22:32   #552
BHPian

Friends,
is there a list of all COCO pumps that can be obtained through any link for at least one of the companies? I can only think of Shell at the moment. For any filling inside the city, I prefer only these two.
i) RTO COCO pump beside the railway track
ii) HP Autolines in Model colony opposite to the Agriculture college entrance (also referred elsewhere in the forum as the pump after taking left after FC Road ends).

Whenever on the Expressway, I miss no chance of tank full on any of the COCO pumps found there. The price is significantly lower as well!

If we can get a list of COCO pumps at least in and around Pune, that would surely help a lot in maintaining our vehicles.
Old 1st September 2015, 12:41   #553
BHPian

A new ( inaugurated yesterday) ESSAR operated petrol/ diesel pump has started in Chinchwad area ( location is behind Hotel Bhola/ Mahindra showroom on Telco Road) .

Today morning went to fill diesel , virtually empty. Few attendants were moving around. Waited near the dispenser unit for 3-5 mins, a few people came, looked here and there , never asked me why the hell I m waiting there with my car ( may be they thought I have come to buy veggies in their pump).

Least bothered, i waived at them, strangely nobody cared. Drove off and filled tankfull in my trusted Shell outlet ( superb service as usual).

Wondering what the hell they think of the market , so many options , so many outlets in vicinity, people has hundreds of choices. I dumped them, will recommend my friends to avoid them as well, unless i hear something really positive from somebody in near future.

Their loss of 6-8K worth of monthly fuel business from me!

Just shared my Essar pump experience with the forum , you may try your luck and post it here.
Amazing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 18:41   #554
BHPian

Shell has recently launched cash/prepaid card where you get 0.5% cash back on all your top-ups for more than 800 INR. I always do a tankful for all my cars and bikes at Shell only. So, I have opted for it. This card is acceptable all over India @shell outlets.

Go for it guys!!!
me@fiat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 10:56   #555
BHPian

ESSAR PUMP in KSB chowk area, Chinchwad.

Despite my initial reluctance , I finally tried their Diesel in 2 tankfills ( Reference vehicle is a Indica Turbo D):

1) 50% fill
2) Full tank fill.

My observations are , the pick up/ acceleration response is better and smoother ( compared to Normal Diesel from HP) . I felt engine hum has reduced, but also observed that, the amount of black smoke , on sudden acceleration has increased. The high speed response >90 kmph, I found has dropped and the vehicle was definitely better in this speed zone with normal D.

I feel that , they must be mixing additives etc since I find the fuel response pattern same as that of HP turbojet ( I took 4 times from the Pune-Mumbai E way HP COCO) .

Do you think it can harm the engine in long run and I should switch back to normal HP diesel ?

Have any of you experienced this Essar Diesel in recent times ?

PS: I am not willing to try this Essar stuff in my Linea D (multijet), till some experts assure me :-)

Last edited by Amazing : 4th November 2015 at 10:58. Reason: addition of contents

Most Viewed