Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and i would rate them as
Highly Recommended 0 0%
Recommended 10 58.82%
NOT Recommended 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 20:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

Car Accessories- Car Shoppe (Trivandrum, Kerala)

Products sold:
  • Car audio/video head units, speakers, amplifiers
  • Alloys for car and SUV
  • Sun Films
  • Hiker car accessories
  • Seat cover
  • Light bulbs and relays
  • Horn
  • LED for interior etc

Authorized dealer for
  • Focal speakers and amplifiers
  • Hiker products
  • Trivandrum dealer for Ilumar Sun film

and so on.

What I like:
  • Behavior of owner and works-man
  • Not much product dumping; enthu to get the products you ask for in short duration
  • Average installation quality
  • Acceptance of faulty installation if any occured and no question asked re-installation
  • Loan option !
  • Parking space in front of shop
  • Availability of most ICE brands ( Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, JBL, Focal, Hertz)

What I don't like:
  • Number of skilled works-man; 1 or 2
  • Average quality and technical know-how of workmanship

Speciality / USP: Know the owner for last 8 years and had been helpful in sourcing/fitting/exchange/troubleshooting of ICE and hence trust the work and products he sell.

What I have bought from him: I have bought amplifiers, components, sun film for myself and seat cover, horns and relays for colleagues.

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Vinod
- Phone numbers: 984 742 5883
- Postal Address: Car Shoppe, Near HDFC Bank, Pongumoodu, Trivandrum
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Its on your left side, right after HDFC bank/ATM and the HP petrol pump; few meters before Pongumoodu junction.
- Email / Website : N/A
- GoogleMap:
Car Accessories- Car Shoppe (Trivandrum, Kerala)-car_shoppe_pongumoodu.jpg
Old 1st June 2010, 22:33   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Products sold:
  • Car audio/video head units, speakers, amplifiers
  • Alloys for car and SUV
  • Sun Films
  • Hiker car accessories
  • Seat cover
  • Light bulbs and relays
  • Horn
  • LED for interior etc
Authorized dealer for
  • Focal speakers and amplifiers
  • Hiker products
  • Trivandrum dealer for Ilumar Sun film

and so on.
What I like:
  • Not much product dumping; enthu to get the products you ask for in short duration
  • Acceptance of faulty installation if any occured and no question asked re-installation
  • Loan option !
  • Availability of most ICE brands ( Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, JBL, Focal, Hertz)
What I don't like:
  • Number of skilled works-man; 1 or 2
  • Average quality and technical know-how of workmanship
Speciality / USP: Know the owner for last 8 years and had been helpful in sourcing/fitting/exchange/troubleshooting of ICE and hence trust the work and products he sell.

What I have bought from him: I have bought amplifiers, components, sun film for myself and seat cover, horns and relays for colleagues.

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Vinod
- Phone numbers: 984 742 5883
- Postal Address: Car Shoppe, Near HDFC Bank, Pongumoodu, Trivandrum
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Its on your left side, right after HDFC bank/ATM and the HP petrol pump; few meters before Pongumoodu junction.
- Email / Website : N/A
- GoogleMap:
Attachment 359956

Just near my house bro. Have installed a K&N Air filter for my Getz.
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Bad experience with salesman

I had a bad experience with a saleman here.

Dropped by to buy a can of upholstery cleaner and get handed protectant instead. I say it's not what I wanted but the guy insists that it is what I need.

This was my first and last visit here. Might be stupid to make a judgement on one incident but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Drive on!!
Shibu.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
What I like:
Jk, i'm sure you meant to put this in Don't Like

What i like:
  • Loan option!
  • One of the few honest shops in Trivandrum.
What i didn't like:

When it comes to sunfilm, product dumping does happen. I wanted 3M for my car but Llumar was forced on me said 3M was not available and will take couple of days. Also the rates given for 3M sunfilm was higher than what was given when i & jk went together. Prolly to push Llumar since they're authorised dealers.

Installation quality of both steering wheel cover & front windshield sunfilm. Steering wheel cover has partially come off. Front sunflilm installation could have been better, few scratches and bubbles still exist. Blew a 10amp fuse when the installer took off the RVM+cabin lamp assembly.

I haven't asked them to look into these issues yet, probably they will rectify these FOC if i request them to.

What I have bought from him: LLumar sunflim for windows, Garware ice cool shield for front windscreen, Pro-grip steering wheel cover, Philips HID kit for my Karizma (last year).
Old 9th June 2010, 14:23   #5
sps
BHPian

recommended

Car shoppe is one of the better shops in trivandrum

The things which I installed and my rating are as follows.

For Innova
1. Art leather seat cover (rating: Excellent, See my garage for pictures)
2. Audio Player - Pioneer (rating: Average, it still vibrates, thanks to the inexperience of the installer who bent the mounting tray, but the owner tried to fix it personally after accepting the fault)
3. Vinyl flooring (rating: good)
4. Door side beeding (rating: poor installation). the beeding came off after one week. They again fixed it, but came off. The beeding got bent and its paint also came off. Still living with it
5. Fog lamp (rating: good, install was good, but lamp currently not working, got to take it to the shop for fixing)

For Santro
1. Sun Film, 3M (rating: Excellent)
2. Audio Player - Pioneer with speakers (rating: good, the installer was quite experienced)
3. Seat cover (rating: good)
4. Autocop - keyless entry (rating: good)

The thing which I liked most about this shop is the attitude of the owner. He is alway willing to listen to our needs and tries his best to ensure a good install. Unfortunately he has only very few skilled workforce.

The difference in attitude can be easily understood, if you have visited other accessory shops in Trivandrum.
Old 9th June 2010, 14:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

My Punto was ICE'ed there, overall experience was pretty good. Visiting there again with jk to do the components transfer from his Safari to my Palio while he is getting some hi-fi stuff installed in his car.

Last edited by clevermax : 9th June 2010 at 14:45.
Old 10th June 2010, 12:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

I've had them pull a bait and switch on me twice, and the installer there was a hindi speaking dude = majpr communication gap = botched up install.

The guy actually insisted on installing 6.5"ers over holes drilled onto the plastic pads which were covering the stock locations of an i10 instead of using spacers. Had to redo it elsewhere. havent gone there since :|
Old 11th June 2010, 16:52   #8
Team-BHP Support

@ jk, clevermax : Anyone did damping from there?

Recommended or not?
Old 12th June 2010, 21:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Car shoppe is one of the better shops in trivandrum

The thing which I liked most about this shop is the attitude of the owner. He is alway willing to listen to our needs and tries his best to ensure a good install. Unfortunately he has only very few skilled workforce.

The difference in attitude can be easily understood, if you have visited other accessory shops in Trivandrum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
My Punto was ICE'ed there, overall experience was pretty good. Visiting there again with jk to do the components transfer from his Safari to my Palio while he is getting some hi-fi stuff installed in his car.
new kids couldnt fix my new components! You will have to wait tillI get it done from Cochin !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
@ jk, clevermax : Anyone did damping from there?

Recommended or not?

Excuse me What was it?
Old 12th June 2010, 21:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

^^ Ok Jk, I was out of town, just came back to Cochin after a drive to Thrissur. Check out accidents in India thread.
Old 17th June 2010, 14:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Our company gets a 10% discount here, any one who would like to use it can PM me.

Pramod
Old 16th September 2010, 15:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

Last Saturday I went there looking for two 4Ga fuse holder to replace a single big one. Response was cold, maybe due to the fact that i got the ICE and seat covers from elsewhere. I was kept waiting for around 10 mins without confirming if they have it or not. Owner of the shop was keen to know from where i got the ICE installed, but he didn't ask me but my cousin. Cousin replied he doesn't know and you should ask him (me)

But I procured the 4Ga fuse holders from two other shops, one is a Scosche and one is a Boss Will replace Boss with Scosche later.
Old 11th November 2010, 01:56   #13
BHPian

I like the way the guys deal and hence I've recommended this shop to 3-4 friends of mine for audio installation in their cars. But I recently had a very bad experience with them when I took MY new car for Sun film installation. It left a bitter taste and I might not visit them again.

May be it's just my bad luck.

I would still recommend this shop to anyone looking buy stuff at probably the cheapest rates in town, but their installation quality/knowledge surely needs a lot of improvement. The owner is a good guy to deal with though.
Old 19th April 2011, 16:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Accessories- Car Shoppe (Trivandrum, Kerala)

There is a change in CarShoppe contact no: 9020225883.
Old 20th April 2011, 11:21   #15
BHPian

Re: Car Accessories- Car Shoppe (Trivandrum, Kerala)

Ive got almost all my car mods done there except for ICE. I did my ICE from a guy called Pradeep, freelancer. Now I think hez out of the business.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks