Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 18:48   #1
BANNED

Products sold:
  • Bosch OE and non OE parts, Eg: Batteries, Horns, Alternator, Relays, Wipers, etc.
Services offered:
  • Product sales
What I like:
  • Have known the owner for many years. Enthusiastic person. Eager to recommend you a product after he has heard your story.
  • Reluctant to sell you a product if he knows what you ask will not fit the vehicle in question. You have to be firm otherwise.
  • Can source most Bosch OE spare parts and few Philips parts like bulbs, HID etc.
What I don't like:
  • Shop accessibility is not very good.
  • Parking is also a bit of a problem.
  • Owner may not be at the shop all the time, evenings and mornings he's usually there.
Pricing: Comes with Bill & Bosch Warranty.

Speciality / USP: None in particular.

What I have bought from him: Sparkplugs - regular and 4 electrode variety, relays bulbs, horns, wiper, etc.. For my scooter to bike to car.

Contact Information:
Govind Auto Spares
Indian Bank Bldg, Pattom
Thiruvananthapuram - 695004
Ph:+91 471 2541586

Landmark: Just next to Sunny Diamonds (diamond jewellery showroom).

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th June 2010 at 11:53. Reason: Bumping your post up - since it follows format + has full contact details.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2010, 21:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Bosch Spare Parts : Govind Auto (Trivandrum)

Services Offered
Bosch batteries, windshield wipers, fuel filters, oil filters, bulbs, brake pads and a lot of other bosch stuff.

Have been patronising this shop for around 5 years from my M800 days to the Swift that I currently own. I have bought batteries, windshield wipers, oil filters and spark plugs from this shop.

The owner is a straight forward, honest guy who is not afraid to give his opinion in a polite way. Is also interested in listening to honest reviews and appraisals of the product he sells.

Also has a passion for driving and interested in his customers - the cars i mean.

Directions

As you go from Keshavadasapuram to Pattom, the shop is located on the left diagonally opposite the Pattom signal. It is located in below the level of the road and accessible via a steep ramp.

Drive on!!
Shibu.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th June 2010 at 11:55. Reason: Hi shibujp, thanks for the contribution, but please do use the suggested template in the future. Posts re-arranged this time.
Old 1st June 2010, 21:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Another one! Same opinion as Shibu.

I get wipers/horn from here.

Just a suggestion ; get only 20inch wipers for Safari.
Old 1st June 2010, 22:31   #4
BHPian

I also recommend this shop for Bosch spares, i bought the battery for my W126 from him and he offered a personal warranty over the manufacturer's warranty. Needless to say, the battery is an absolute joy
Old 9th August 2010, 15:09   #5
BHPian

Good customer service , i would also recommend this shop.
Old 10th November 2010, 16:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

My experience with this guy has not been so good. Though he has given me discounts on wiper, battery, etc, he has once refused to provide warranty replacement for a Bosch Battery that failed to start the car after 2 weeks of buying. Though he acknowledged that one cell of the battery was 'weak' and that 'nothing is wrong with the car charging circuit', he said the battery would charge in due time when the car runs more. (The car had failed to start barely 5 minutes after running 200 km. More over, the car was running 30 km daily for the two weeks after buying.)

I left it because of lack of time, and that battery had to be eventually replaced just after the warranty period of 2 years (I was forced to buy a new one because this one would refuse the start once in a month).

Last edited by jinojohnt : 10th November 2010 at 16:48.
Old 30th November 2010, 20:10   #7
BHPian

This is a very good shop at Trivandrum. You can always be assure of genuine parts and whatever replaceable right there would be done absolutely free of cost. The wipers of Bosch are usually sold with good discount.

I have got three batteries from here (All bosch) with good discounts (Infact best in city) and all of them are going extremely well.

Highly Recommended!!!

OT:Jino John, Could you please PM me what exactly happened with you. Infact, if the battery has run for 2 years!!, It should not be the prob with the battery. There might have been some short circuit in your electrical circuit which at times drains the battery unexpectedly.

Last edited by shineshine : 30th November 2010 at 20:19.
Old 13th December 2010, 15:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bosch Spare Parts : Govind Auto (Trivandrum)

My Battery lasted 2 years because I stopped using the AC. If I use the AC for a 15 km trip, the car would fail to start afterwards. This dealer 'multimeter tested' all the electrical circuits when I took the battery back to him after 2 weeks of purchase, and he 'certified' all circuits to be ok (including starter motor, all lights, air conditioner, horn, central/remote locks, alternator, etc. Mine doesn't have a stereo).

He found out and mentioned to me that one cell is 'weak' by using a 'specific gravity meter'. He also suggested that when the airconditioner is on, batteries generally do not charge fully.

As I mentioned earlier, he has given me discounts on batteries and wipers, I am not disputing that. Has anyone of you been given warranty replacement for batteries? If Batteries are long lasting, credit goes to the battery company - I would like to measure a dealer by the helpfulness in giving genuine warranty support.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 13th December 2010 at 16:12.
Old 4th March 2011, 16:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jino John,

What car did you own? Did you take up the matter with the service station? I am asking this because the car seems to show a complaint specifically after using the AC.

Also has the problem gone away after fitting the new battery? I am not sure about the A/C causing the battery not to charge fully, though.

Thanks,
Shibu.
Old 25th November 2011, 11:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Started working fine after changing to Amaron.
Old 5th February 2012, 13:23   #11
BANNED

Our i10's Exide battery died after nearing three years of usage. We went to Govind to replace the battery with Bosch S5. Their service was top notch as usual and the price was attractive too. In case you are stuck or can't visit their shop they will deliver the battery to your doorstep and replace it for you.

Bosch S5 has got an indicator on its top which turns to Grey if the battery is weak or if it needs attention, this makes it easier to gauge the condition of the battery for owners like my dad whos not very good at reading symptoms.
Old 5th February 2012, 13:55   #12
BHPian

I saw a new branch of Govind somewhere near Sreekariyam.Didnt get time to check it again.
Old 8th February 2012, 16:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayygeorge View Post
I saw a new branch of Govind somewhere near Sreekariyam.Didnt get time to check it again.
Correct! their new second shop. They would also start doing ECU scan jobs etc soon since they procured scan tools from Bosch IIRC.
Old 13th June 2012, 07:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Our i10's Exide battery died after nearing three years of usage. We went to Govind to replace the battery with Bosch S5. Their service was top notch as usual and the price was attractive too. In case you are stuck or can't visit their shop they will deliver the battery to your doorstep and replace it for you.
Going by Bosch website, I couldn't see them as an authorized dealer or service center for Bosch. Soon, I am to change my in-law's IRDE i10 3 year old battery. I am contemplating between buying a Bosch from Govind Auto or an Amaron from their pit-stop Narayanan Manikatan & Company (as taken from the web). Any idea about the latter?

Could you please PM me or put up here, the battery spec and the price, if possible.
Old 13th June 2012, 07:44   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Going by Bosch website, I couldn't see them as an authorized dealer or service center for Bosch. Soon, I am to change my in-law's IRDE i10 3 year old battery. I am contemplating between buying a Bosch from Govind Auto or an Amaron from their pit-stop Narayanan Manikatan & Company (as taken from the web). Any idea about the latter?

Could you please PM me or put up here, the battery spec and the price, if possible.
They are the authorised Bosch spare dealers in Trivandrum, they are listed in Bosch website.
Bosch Spare Parts : Govind Auto (Trivandrum)-untitled.jpg

I don't have the battery specs, we bought the Bosch S5 battery for i10. Amaron is good too, had a green Amaron in my bike.

Most Viewed